Lenovo G560 + GTX960 + EXP GDC + 550W PSU + TV/Monitor

NevsMate

Hi Guys n Gals. I have my trusty old G560 and looking to play better games! so I purchase the EXP GDC, GTX960 and a PSU.

The lappie has Intel Core i3-380M, Intel HD Graphics, 29CN38WW (V2.15) BIOS, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, 500Gb SSD.

With everything connected (monitor on HDMi), the lappie boots, black screen, then reboots in a loop.

With everything connected (monitor on VGA), the lappie boots, black screen displays " "NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 VGA BIOS  VERSION 70.26.37.00.01  Copyright © 1996-2016  4096 ram" before it restarts again into the loop!

Unsure what else to try..

any ideas?

Hi, thanks for responding.

What's this ???? = Have you  removed the mPCI blacklist?

Get a whitlist removed bios and flash it.. I did this, gave me more menu's but couldn't find how to switch off on-board graphics!!

Regarding, disabling onboard graphics, if I do find how to do this in bios, would it not allow use of laptop to be used elsewhere without the eGPU?? or, you'd need to re-enable it by removing cmos battery, this is soldered on the G560 motherboard!!

Is this what you are referring to?? =  3. A black bootup screen or ACPI_BIOS_ERROR windows bootup BSOD  I'm a little nervous with the laptop being live and removing and installing on motherboard! are you sure that it won't do damage??

Appreciate all the help I can get!

Hi again, thanks for quick response.

I've read quite a few forums on the subject and a few 'you-tubes' too...

Not seen my laptop on any lists suggesting it will all work, but, I've not seen any lists suggesting it will not either!!

My internal graphics is 'Intel (R) HD Graphics', so I don't think it need disabling/un-installing I may be wrong)?

I would be concerned about disabling the onboard graphic, as it'll turn it into a 'brick' iof I can't get the external to work!!

The laptop boots fine without the EXP GDC connected and the mpci-e adapter is in the laptop wifi slot.

as I said in first post:

a:)With everything connected (monitor on HDMi), the lappie boots, black screen, then reboots in a loop.

b:)With everything connected (monitor on VGA), the lappie boots, black screen displays " "NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 VGA BIOS  VERSION 70.26.37.00.01  Copyright © 1996-2016

4096 ram" before it restarts again into the loop!

Laptop has 8Gb ram, read somewhere that I may have to reduce to 2Gb? mentions

What is the 'Setup 1.35' software I've seen in various posts?

This paragraph = =  3. A black bootup screen or ACPI_BIOS_ERROR windows bootup BSOD mentions 'hot plugging' but the instructions with the kit says NOT to hot plug!

Help... lol

Yes you don't have to uninstall the Intel (R) HD Graphics or should not disable the onboard graphics on BIOS.

Hey If you have flashed the BIOS mod then you get lotsof new options.There is also a option to enable hotplug to your PCI.If I am right the kit says not to hotplug physically.

The eGpu Setup 1.35 is a tool which can help you to install eGpu.

It boots before the windows do and you can select between eGpu or dGpu.Ypu can do a DSDT Overide.

You don't have to reduce the memory if you do DSDT Overide using that tool.

If you don't mind ccan you give your facebook id or gmail id .

Edited by Gourav_S

Hi, nice to see someone about! Yeah, I already did the Bios a few days ago, didn't notice anything about 'hot plugging', a bit nervous about that.

There were quite a few new items in the Menu, If only I knew what it all meant.... lol.

Are you saying that I should hot-plug the mpcie end to my motherboard??

Oh, no..... I don't have to down  grade my memory??? got 1x 2Gb on order!! .... I'll find some use for it.

Been having another 'play' with this setup.

Forgotten that there is a switch on front of lappie that turns wifi on/off, thought perhaps this is where I've been going wrong!

Nope, that didn't work.... figured that would be too easy!

So, if I've done everything that I can with the BIOS & nowt works, or, seems to be trying too... where next?

What's this 'software tool' and what's the cost of it??

He is not owner of software he cant sell it to you , owner is someone else you can buy direct from him for half of that , it's very useful it save me from error 43 on my rig . will report him to admin for copyright !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, misiozol said:

He is not owner of software he cant sell it to you , owner is someone else you can buy direct from him for half of that , it's very useful it save me from error 43 on my rig . will report him to admin for copyright !!

I already talked to"******" aka "Owner of Egpu Setup"..

I never even thought of selling the software.

He asked me the price I mistakingly replied the previous price of eGpu setup 1.30  "25 dollars".

I have not asked him to pay money from me but I wanted his Gmail or Facebook.So I can help him whenever he is online.

Sorry for the confusion..

7 hours ago, NevsMate said:

Hi... no worries, have been in contact with the owner and purchased from him.

gonna try it out once installed.

Ok.. Tell me if any problem.

I think you can solve the problem after that.If resolved tell me the method you used I am gonna try it.

Edited by Gourav_S
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi there... 

That guide I promised is still in 'W.I.P.', didn't realise what a pain it'll be! I get so far and then I start to ramble without realising, then have to redo it.

Should have it tomorrow.

How are you all?

15 hours ago, NevsMate said:

Hi there... 

That guide I promised is still in 'W.I.P.', didn't realise what a pain it'll be! I get so far and then I start to ramble without realising, then have to redo it.

Should have it tomorrow.

How are you all?

We are waiting to read the guide.

Thanks for all your effort.

You too must be excited finishing it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.