Dell 7577 BIOS extraction

alwon

I tried to extract the .bin from the .exe (on Dell's website) using PhoenixTool v.273, and in a way it worked... I want to change the TDP values on my 1060mq but when I tried to open the .bin in Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker, this is what happened. Can somebody help me? Here's the original .exe and the .bin. Thanks!

(note: I wasn't able to extract the bios using AFUWINGUI64 or any other similar tool as I think Dell has some type of guard or protection against that, suspecting that's also the cause of my current issues...)

Edited by alwon

Found out that it was because of NVIDIA's vBIOS encryption for pascal cards and the fact that Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker is no longer being updated anymore (I think). Bump either way, if anyone knows whether or not I can do anything in this situation (would rather not buy a BIOS programmer if not necessary).

That's because it's not an actual rom; there's still padding on that hdr file. Could extract it further, but since you're only interested in the embedded vbios you might as well extract the 1060M's oprom with MMTool. After that TDP Tweaker works fine (just tested it).

Flashing the file is another thing. Iirc, direct flashing a vbios with nvflash will no longer work due to the new protection system. Maybe that isn't a problem with oproms though and the afuwin overrides will do the trick. So start MMTool again and use the 'Oprom -> Replace' option to substitute your modified bios. The 1060M's device id is 1C20 (and vendor is 10DE).

• 3 months later...

Does this work ?

I did a liquid metal mod to my 7577 GPU and CPU and temps are really nice now with fully load on gpu and cpu but these "fuckin" limit reduces the power exactly when its needed...