M18X R2 Still need a special Graphics Driver for 980M?

Losercore13

I have installed my 980M on myR2, Got the 8 Beeps, I thought with the A12 BIOS and Windows 10 it should have worked. Oh well, going to tear it back down and put the 675M's back in. Ijust got promoted and am downloading the A11 unlocked BIOS . So, Next teardown I am going to be completely ready. I just want to get this in and see if I can get it working before my return window passes. I have posted a few places here, and on Notebook Review on several threads about this stuff, and have received one response. Is this site still active? Do I need a modified driver still, all that stuff looks really old, 2013-2016 type stuff. I need to know about 2018. I have read that Nvidia added support for the maxwell in m18x r2. Am I wrong? Can someone offer advice? I have read that this thing should have been plug and play with windows 10 on Eurocom, Do I just need their driver? PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You!!!

Edited by Losercore13

Update: I now have this working! Yay!

For anyone else who is trying to do this in 2018, you need the A11 Unlocked BIOS. Switch graphics settings to PEG, Install .INF file and download the latest driver from Nvidia. Easy.

Edited by Losercore13

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, Losercore13 said:

Update: I now have this working! Yay!

For anyone else who is trying to do this in 2018, you need the A11 Unlocked BIOS. Switch graphics settings to PEG, Install .INF file and download the latest driver from Nvidia. Easy.

Hello,

where can I download moded INF?

Thanks.

18 hours ago, vasek said:

Hello,

where can I download moded INF?

Thanks.

You have the 980M? I can make a driver for you. I just need your hardware ID. Have you got the card installed in the machine?

Go to Device Manger - Display Adapter - Right click on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or the 980M (if you have an earlier driver installed) - Properties - Details - Select Hardware ID from the dropdown list. 

It will give you 4 lines of ID code. I need to know what the first or second line says and then I can mod the file for you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 11:01 PM, MattyB said:

You have the 980M? I can make a driver for you. I just need your hardware ID. Have you got the card installed in the machine?

Go to Device Manger - Display Adapter - Right click on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or the 980M (if you have an earlier driver installed) - Properties - Details - Select Hardware ID from the dropdown list. 

It will give you 4 lines of ID code. I need to know what the first or second line says and then I can mod the file for you. 

Hi Matty,

Are you still modding the 980m driver? I'm not sure how to do it, any chance you could help?

My hardware ID's are below:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028

Many Thanks

Mustang

On 9/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, Mustang said:

Hi Matty,

Are you still modding the 980m driver? I'm not sure how to do it, any chance you could help?

My hardware ID's are below:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028

Many Thanks

Mustang

Hey. yeah I sure can. I'm at work right now so I can't download files. I'll have to do it tonight if that's ok.

Hi All,

Successfully flashed vbios on dual 980Ms in order to fix power throttling issue but now I get a grey or sometimes black screen during game start. Originally had 416.94 drivers. Uninstalled and downgraded to 388.13 with no change. Any Ideas?

Specs:

M18X R2

Windows 10 UEFI (temporarily reverted to Legacy for mnvflash)

dual 980M 8GB SLI

dual 330W Power Adapter mod

stock 388.13 drivers

vbios used:

So far all I can get to work is 347.25 drivers with my m18x r2 with 980m installed. No matter how many drivers I mod I get code 43 and this message in events \VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028&REV_A1\4&1d1dea7a&0&0008 requires further installation. What do I need to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by sir_lagzalot

• 9 months later...

Didn't Nvidia added support for 980m on m18x? I remember reading it somewhere around here, now I'm worried about the drivers, because I'm about to install a 980m on my m18x r2 and i really need it to work properly.

• 1 month later...

I think i need a modded driver for my gtx980m, i have an m18xr2 and i installed the new graphics card along with the A11 unlocked bios but when windows install the NVIDIA driver it says in device manager that the device has stopped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Hardware ids are:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUSSYS_05501028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&CC_0300