• 3 weeks later...

Hello, does this kit have everything I need to do this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R5LPTYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, do I need to send you my specific t450s bios that I'm running or can I use one of the already cracked bios files? I just want to removing the whitelist. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a T450 and cannot update my bios as I always get an error "Secure Flash Authentication Failed". Tried every advice fond online but no luck.

Question is can this procedure be used to flash latest stock bios from lenovo?

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Toni said:

Hi,

I have a T450 and cannot update my bios as I always get an error "Secure Flash Authentication Failed". Tried every advice fond online but no luck.

Thanks!

Hi!

Solution is Secure RollBack prevention should be set to disabled:
1. Go to the BIOS Setup menu (Read at Methods to enter BIOS)
2. Click on Security
3. Click on UEFI BIOS Update Option
4. Click on Secure Rollback Prevention
5. Click on Disable

https://support.lenovo.com/bo/en/solutions/ht117858-bios-rollback-flash-failure-secure-flash-authentication-failed-when-secure-rollback-prevention-enabled-thinkpad-t450-t450s

Also, do you have Admin privileges on your device, cause if not, then that can definitely prevent you from preforming firmware update. If you have turned off UAC (User Account Control) then make sure to right click the .exe files and select "Run as Administrator"

5 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Solution is Secure RollBack prevention should be set to disabled:
1. Go to the BIOS Setup menu (Read at Methods to enter BIOS)
2. Click on Security
3. Click on UEFI BIOS Update Option
4. Click on Secure Rollback Prevention
5. Click on Disable

https://support.lenovo.com/bo/en/solutions/ht117858-bios-rollback-flash-failure-secure-flash-authentication-failed-when-secure-rollback-prevention-enabled-thinkpad-t450-t450s

Thanks Klem, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried flashing from windows, making eltorito boot disk, disabling virtualization... Always the same. EC gets flashed, but bios not and always with the same message.

• Bios Modder
2 minutes ago, Toni said:

Thanks Klem, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried flashing from windows, making eltorito boot disk, disabling virtualization... Always the same. EC gets flashed, but bios not and always with the same message.

Also, do you have Admin privileges on your device, cause if not, then that can definitely prevent you from preforming firmware update. If you have turned off UAC (User Account Control) then make sure to right click the .exe files and select "Run as Administrator".

3 minutes ago, Klem said:

Also, do you have Admin privileges on your device, cause if not, then that can definitely prevent you from preforming firmware update. If you have turned off UAC (User Account Control) then make sure to right click the .exe files and select "Run as Administrator".

Always ran as admin. I think utility cannot even be started other way.

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Also, check if in your bios setup menu settings set to what they are in the picture below as well?

911bc89b4825.png

I don't have the laptop with me at the moment, but I think I don't have the third option at all. First two ones are set as in the picture.

I've tried to follow this instruction (links at the end of post), but assembly code is very different from that example, so I was unable to fix it (I know AVR assembler, but not the x86).

https://medium.com/@p0358/removing-wlan-wwan-bios-whitelist-on-a-lenovo-laptop-to-use-a-custom-wi-fi-card-f6033a5a5e5a

Confirmed. I dont have "windows UEFI firmware update" option in BIOS. 

On 12/27/2021 at 9:56 AM, Klem said:

Also, check if in your bios setup menu settings set to what they are in the picture below as well?

911bc89b4825.png

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, WhiteFossa said:

Could someone to de-whitelist my ThinkPad T450s BIOS (I'm struggling with installation of Huawei 4G modem).

BIOS already dumped and I'm ready to send it to someone into PMs.

Hi!

Ok. You can send me your bios dump via PM. Note, the file bios dump must be read using hardware SPI-programmer.

• Bios Modder
16 hours ago, WhiteFossa said:

Could someone to de-whitelist my ThinkPad T450s BIOS (I'm struggling with installation of Huawei 4G modem).

BIOS already dumped and I'm ready to send it to someone into PMs.

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, JKOMOL said:

Good afternoon,

I wonder if you can modify my BIOS so that it does not send "End-Of-POST" message to ME?

Also, my PC have Boot Guard, is it possible to disable it or bypass somehow?

Hi!

What the laptop model?

• Bios Modder
53 minutes ago, JKOMOL said:

ThinkPad T450 (model 20BUS08800).

No, I've never heard about "End-Of-POST" message. I don't think that unlocked advanced menu and unlocked whitelist can help you with your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, Toni said:

Hi,

Thanks!

Could unlocking advanced menu maybe solve this?

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Toni said:

Could unlocking advanced menu maybe solve this?

I don't think that unlocked advanced menu and unlocked whitelist can help you with your problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have previously tried to unlock my BIO on my T450s, but was only partially successful.

I was able to remove the display whitelist, but I'm still unable to remove the network card restrictions

Would you be able to help?

Thanks

Edited by red_928

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, red_928 said:

Hi,

I have previously tried to unlock my BIO on my T450s, but was only partially successful.

I was able to remove the display whitelist, but I'm still unable to remove the network card restrictions

Would you be able to help?

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, you can post here or send me your bios dump, or upload your file bios dump into any fileserver and post the link.

In Lenovo ThinkPad T450s, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread.

So, for creating backup (dump) of bios you need to use hardware SPI programmer only.