Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Can you help me whitelist the wifi adapters aswell?I have a dump made with CH341A

 

https://mega.nz/file/HJRUhRhS#Zj0qzuuLeOZef7XCtWOL7AchQXkcOK4rLOjmdmaRhNk

 

Thanks!

 

LE: I have managed to edit the dump and install intel dual band wireless-N 7260 but the Bluetooth is not detected.If i install the original card wifi and bt are both working but constantly disconnecting (this was the initial issue why i wanted to upgrade it).if you can make the bt work aswell it would be great :)

Edited by sebulica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sebulica said:

install intel dual band wireless-N 7260 but the Bluetooth is not detected.If i install the original card wifi and bt are both working but constantly disconnecting (this was the initial issue why i wanted to upgrade it).if you can make the bt work aswell it would be great :)

Hi!

Your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 it's M.2 (NGFF) form size? Or Mini PCIEx Card?

 

1. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have M.2 (NGFF) form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #54 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work. You can stick Scotch Tape / Sellotape on pin #54 and pin #56 together.

Cll6j6e.jpg

 

2. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have Mini PCIEx Card form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #51 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work.

GxhU5AF.jpgI7xNH1N.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2022 at 10:30 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 it's M.2 (NGFF) form size? Or Mini PCIEx Card?

 

1. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have M.2 (NGFF) form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #54 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work. You can stick Scotch Tape / Sellotape on pin #54 and pin #56 together.

Cll6j6e.jpg

 

2. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have Mini PCIEx Card form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #51 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work.

GxhU5AF.jpgI7xNH1N.jpg

Hi,

 

I removed the pin with a scalpel but the issue persists.

I have used uefipatch and then signed the bios to be accepted.Maybe i did something wrong...can you patch it and send a bin to check ?

 

Maybe what i did just bypases the "error" and the PCH just disables the usb port from the slot.I could try to hook up the usb pins to a usb port for checking but it's a lot of hussle and i don't have another good wifi card around.But in case your bin does not work aswell and i won't be able to find another wifi card easily,i will consider that and post the results :D

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sebulica said:

Maybe i did something wrong...

You can send me, or post here your file already modified bios (which you prepared by yourself, and then flashed into your laptop), I can check if you unlocked whitelist correctly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mals303 said:

Hello, tell me when modifying, BIOS settings are reset?

Hi!

Please explain more exactly, what exactly do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant the settings: booting from a USB flash drive, virtualization will need to be set all over again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mals303 said:

I meant the settings: booting from a USB flash drive, virtualization will need to be set all over again?

All settings in the unlocked BIOS will remain the same as in your current BIOS.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Clem, I have two Lenovo T440p laptops.
I want to update the wifi cards and remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).
Model: Lenovo T440p
BIOS: 2.56

Please make both files.
.Thanks a lot!!!

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/l5H0YZzn7gAUKw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mals303 said:

Hello Clem, I have two Lenovo T440p laptops.
I want to update the wifi cards and remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).
Model: Lenovo T440p
BIOS: 2.56

Please make both files.
.Thanks a lot!!!

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/l5H0YZzn7gAUKw

Hi!

Ok. Both of your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Klem,

I have a Lenovo T440s.

I want to change the internal battery - and I need to remove whitelists for batteries and I would like to check the advanced menu.

 

Model: Lenovo T440s
BIOS: 2.54

https://easyupload.io/5tk3v2 (extracted with flashrom via ch341a_spi)

password:clean

 

Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mitschka said:

Hello Klem,

I have a Lenovo T440s.

I want to change the internal battery - and I need to remove whitelists for batteries and I would like to check the advanced menu.

 

Model: Lenovo T440s
BIOS: 2.54

https://easyupload.io/5tk3v2 (extracted with flashrom via ch341a_spi)

password:clean

 

Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

 

Hi!

Battery type restrictions are located in the EC firmware (not in bios), so I can't help you in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, yves848 said:

Thanks for the quick answer.

Any way I'd like to unlock the bios to put a new wifi card.

 

Is there a way to flash the EC ?

 

Hi Yves,

 

I am having the same issue: Laptop complains about non lenovo battery.

Did you find any solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Klem,

I have Thinkpad E4400 and I would like to remove the WLAN whitelist.
Use CH341A to dump the bios from W25Q32BV chip (it has two chips but i only can get bios dump from that chip)
and I don't know how to send the dump 

Edited by Myvewe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Myvewe said:


Hi Klem,

I have Thinkpad E4400 and I would like to remove the WLAN whitelist.
Use CH341A to dump the bios from W25Q32BV chip (it has two chips but i only can get bios dump from that chip)
and I don't know how to send the dump 

Hi!

Ok. You can upload your file bios dump into any fileserver, and then post the link. Check PM. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. You can upload your file bios dump into any fileserver, and then post the link. Check PM. 

 

Hi Klem,

 

Mine already Unlock, thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myvewe said:

Hi Klem,

 

Mine already Unlock, thank you

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello KLem

 

I have a Lenovo T440p

 

Please help me  remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).

 

Bios dump is here: https://res.china-dt.com/t440p.bin

 

Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dtdt666 said:

Hello KLem

 

I have a Lenovo T440p

 

Please help me  remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).

 

Bios dump is here: https://res.china-dt.com/t440p.bin

 

Thanks a lot

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Krem,

 

Thank you so much for your work.

 

I have a Lenovo T540p with latest Bios ,can you help with WiFi whitelist removal and add hidden Menus.

 

Do you know if this board works with an i7 4700mq?

 

Bios dump is here: https://mega.nz/file/zGoAlYxS#4LZAKcqMWhVNyvJ1OMAMuXfdb9ct_raId5M7XbimzQs

 

ich hope i dumped the right one.

 

Thank you

BR Winter49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Winter49 said:

Hello Krem,

 

Thank you so much for your work.

 

I have a Lenovo T540p with latest Bios ,can you help with WiFi whitelist removal and add hidden Menus.

 

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

 

16 hours ago, Winter49 said:

Do you know if this board works with an i7 4700mq?

Yes, i7 4700mq will work in this laptop model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Master Klem, Can you please help me patch and whitelist, unlock advanced menus and UEFI sign for my Lenovo T440.  I have the original BIOS backup/dump image I have saved using chip programmer. The URL to download this is below:

 

bios2.zip - the password is  "biosmod" (without the " ") 

There is also a picture of the original BIOS system information for your reference. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNo8KyQ5OC_gat45bCCw-2OqrA2MQ?e=rAY7tG

 

Please save my village. Thank you :-) 

 

 

My attempts at trying to do this myself have failed so far... I dont know whats wrong. but when I flash my own modded bios back onto the BIOS chip on the laptop, and then try to power on the laptop. I only get 4 green light flashes on the power button and the CPU fan spins for 1 second and then off... cannot boot... not sure why :(.... 

Edited by ssj47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ssj47 said:

Hi Master Klem, Can you please help me patch and whitelist, unlock advanced menus and UEFI sign for my Lenovo T440.  I have the original BIOS backup/dump image I have saved using chip programmer. The URL to download this is below:

 

bios2.zip - the password is  "biosmod" (without the " ") 

There is also a picture of the original BIOS system information for your reference. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNo8KyQ5OC_gat45bCCw-2OqrA2MQ?e=rAY7tG

 

Please save my village. Thank you :-) 

 

 

My attempts at trying to do this myself have failed so far... I dont know whats wrong. but when I flash my own modded bios back onto the BIOS chip on the laptop, and then try to power on the laptop. I only get 4 green light flashes on the power button and the CPU fan spins for 1 second and then off... cannot boot... not sure why :(.... 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

I think my messages only allows 1 new message from you.. so I deleted all the messages... are you able to provide URL to download the unlocked BIOS for me please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ssj47 said:

I think my messages only allows 1 new message from you.. so I deleted all the messages... are you able to provide URL to download the unlocked BIOS for me please?

Your unlocked bios done. I sent it to you in a new PM. Check please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By rajsinghfan
      UEFI BIOS Version: GJETA4WW (2.54)
      UEFI BIOS Date (Year-Month-Day): 2020-03-37
      ME Firmware Version: 9.5.60.1952
      Embedded Controller Version: GJHT30WW (1.14)
       
      I need Battery Authentication whitelist Removal because my laptop showing "the battery installed is not supported."
       
      Result.rar & .rom file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/byxsoqpg4j3od25/result_rar_and_rom_file.zip/file
    • By biuro74
      Hi,
       
      So I've landed here to get some help with unlocking my old laptop. I must confess I've done few mods before, but it was on PCs, so was a piece of cake - adding Xeon to supported CPU models, or updating OROM to get a system boot from RAID SSDs. But now I'm trying do "the same" with laptop first time and this is a nightmare, mostly due to multiple BIOS vendors/methods, each of which requires own tools, some works with older revisions, some don't, some require 32-bits, some don't, and all YT examples being done using various configs = so in the end: a mayhem.
       
      My laptop config is:
      Lenovo B570e, i5-2520M, 10GB RAM
      BIOS: 44CN43WW (latest, unmodified), SMBIOS 2.6
      Phoenix/EFI SLIC Mod indicates it is an EFI/Insyde BIOS, but entering the BIOS I've got "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano" info
      WLAN: original damaged, a replacement (by chip) doesn't allow laptop to start - Error 104 Unsupported wireless network device...
       
      All I've found so far was:
      * Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 - to make a BIOS dump file (succees)
      * UEFI Tool - to load dump file, search required module and extract it (success)
      * WinHex - to search an assembler code boundaries, and extract it (WinHex will not save edits = unregistered version), so semi-success
      * Hex Editor Neo - to disassembly code, and probably make changes (so far: in progress:))
       
      And I've stopped at searching the JZ/JNZ mnemonics, probably this is because I've got wrong code boundary (from WinHex), which gives improper disassembled program in preview pane. What I'm looking for is a loop, which I try to obey - regarding to some "popular" links describing this method (unfortunately I can't follow these instructions 1:1 as some programs don't work as supposed and crash - like WinHex, yup, some don't work at all and I need to use different tool).
      One more frustrating thing is I can't find proper tool for final stage - which is good (working) flasher. I can't remember how I've reflashed BIOS previously - must have been years ago - but now PhoenixUEFIWinFlash makes a BSOD (original, executable BIOS downloaded from Lenovo support website uses this program, which shows its GUI for a moment and makes BSOD), and "external", latest Phoenix UEFI WinFlash program doesn't want to work properly at setting up stage. Probably I will have to use phlash16 and FreeDOS, but will see at the end, when I have modded BIOS completed.
       
      Any suggestions (or even better - some ready, modded file), please ?
       
      Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate any clue.
    • By DoenerBoy123
      Hello guys 
       
      I've got a pretty weird problem with my M18x R2. I already searched the web but couldn't find an answer. A few days ago I changed some settings in the bios, if I remember correctly DMVT Pre-Allocated.
      After saving this setting the notebook refuses to even POST. I get no beep errors or anything. If I press the power button the system turns on, the leds turn on and then the system shuts itself off. I already reset the cmos, the IME, tested different configurations and so on. If I remove all the memory sticks I actually get the memory error code. At this point I'm pretty sure that the bios got corrupted for some reason when saving these mentioned settings. Did anyone had a similar problem and got a solution for this? I repaired lot's of notebook but never had an error like this...
      The Bios installed is the a15 unlocked.
    • By Malenford
      Is it possible to unlock bios on that model? Please help me with it if somebody can.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.