Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

Hi,

Can you help me whitelist the wifi adapters aswell?I have a dump made with CH341A

https://mega.nz/file/HJRUhRhS#Zj0qzuuLeOZef7XCtWOL7AchQXkcOK4rLOjmdmaRhNk

Thanks!

LE: I have managed to edit the dump and install intel dual band wireless-N 7260 but the Bluetooth is not detected.If i install the original card wifi and bt are both working but constantly disconnecting (this was the initial issue why i wanted to upgrade it).if you can make the bt work aswell it would be great :)

Edited by sebulica

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, sebulica said:

install intel dual band wireless-N 7260 but the Bluetooth is not detected.If i install the original card wifi and bt are both working but constantly disconnecting (this was the initial issue why i wanted to upgrade it).if you can make the bt work aswell it would be great :)

Hi!

Your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 it's M.2 (NGFF) form size? Or Mini PCIEx Card?

1. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have M.2 (NGFF) form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #54 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work. You can stick Scotch Tape / Sellotape on pin #54 and pin #56 together.

Cll6j6e.jpg

2. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have Mini PCIEx Card form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #51 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work.

GxhU5AF.jpgI7xNH1N.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 10:30 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 it's M.2 (NGFF) form size? Or Mini PCIEx Card?

1. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have M.2 (NGFF) form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #54 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work. You can stick Scotch Tape / Sellotape on pin #54 and pin #56 together.

Cll6j6e.jpg

2. If your new Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 have Mini PCIEx Card form size, then just get some Scotch Tape / Sellotape and stick it on pin #51 (picture). Put the card back in the PCIe slot and your bluetooth will detected and work.

GxhU5AF.jpgI7xNH1N.jpg

Hi,

I removed the pin with a scalpel but the issue persists.

I have used uefipatch and then signed the bios to be accepted.Maybe i did something wrong...can you patch it and send a bin to check ?

Maybe what i did just bypases the "error" and the PCH just disables the usb port from the slot.I could try to hook up the usb pins to a usb port for checking but it's a lot of hussle and i don't have another good wifi card around.But in case your bin does not work aswell and i won't be able to find another wifi card easily,i will consider that and post the results :D

• Bios Modder
47 minutes ago, sebulica said:

Maybe i did something wrong...

You can send me, or post here your file already modified bios (which you prepared by yourself, and then flashed into your laptop), I can check if you unlocked whitelist correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
58 minutes ago, mals303 said:

I meant the settings: booting from a USB flash drive, virtualization will need to be set all over again?

All settings in the unlocked BIOS will remain the same as in your current BIOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Clem, I have two Lenovo T440p laptops.
I want to update the wifi cards and remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).
Model: Lenovo T440p
BIOS: 2.56

Please make both files.
.Thanks a lot!!!

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/l5H0YZzn7gAUKw

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, mals303 said:

Hello Clem, I have two Lenovo T440p laptops.
I want to update the wifi cards and remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).
Model: Lenovo T440p
BIOS: 2.56

Please make both files.
.Thanks a lot!!!

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/l5H0YZzn7gAUKw

Hi!

Ok. Both of your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

Hello Klem,

I have a Lenovo T440s.

I want to change the internal battery - and I need to remove whitelists for batteries and I would like to check the advanced menu.

Model: Lenovo T440s
BIOS: 2.54

https://easyupload.io/5tk3v2 (extracted with flashrom via ch341a_spi)

password:clean

Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Mitschka said:

Hello Klem,

I have a Lenovo T440s.

I want to change the internal battery - and I need to remove whitelists for batteries and I would like to check the advanced menu.

Model: Lenovo T440s
BIOS: 2.54

https://easyupload.io/5tk3v2 (extracted with flashrom via ch341a_spi)

password:clean

Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

Battery type restrictions are located in the EC firmware (not in bios), so I can't help you in this case.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, yves848 said:

Thanks for the quick answer.

Any way I'd like to unlock the bios to put a new wifi card.

Is there a way to flash the EC ?

Hi Yves,

I am having the same issue: Laptop complains about non lenovo battery.

Did you find any solution?

Hi Klem,

I have Thinkpad E4400 and I would like to remove the WLAN whitelist.
Use CH341A to dump the bios from W25Q32BV chip (it has two chips but i only can get bios dump from that chip)
and I don't know how to send the dump 

Edited by Myvewe

• Bios Modder
36 minutes ago, Myvewe said:

Hi Klem,

I have Thinkpad E4400 and I would like to remove the WLAN whitelist.
Use CH341A to dump the bios from W25Q32BV chip (it has two chips but i only can get bios dump from that chip)
and I don't know how to send the dump 

Hi!

Ok. You can upload your file bios dump into any fileserver, and then post the link. Check PM. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
35 minutes ago, dtdt666 said:

Hello KLem

I have a Lenovo T440p

Please help me  remove the whitelists, unlock the hidden advanced menus and settings in the BIOS setup menu, and sign the unlocked BIOS with an RSA digital signature (to avoid the 5 beep issue).

Bios dump is here: https://res.china-dt.com/t440p.bin

Thanks a lot

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Krem,

Thank you so much for your work.

I have a Lenovo T540p with latest Bios ,can you help with WiFi whitelist removal and add hidden Menus.

Do you know if this board works with an i7 4700mq?

Bios dump is here: https://mega.nz/file/zGoAlYxS#4LZAKcqMWhVNyvJ1OMAMuXfdb9ct_raId5M7XbimzQs

ich hope i dumped the right one.

Thank you

BR Winter49

• Bios Modder
16 hours ago, Winter49 said:

Hello Krem,

Thank you so much for your work.

I have a Lenovo T540p with latest Bios ,can you help with WiFi whitelist removal and add hidden Menus.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

16 hours ago, Winter49 said:

Do you know if this board works with an i7 4700mq?

Yes, i7 4700mq will work in this laptop model.

Hi Master Klem, Can you please help me patch and whitelist, unlock advanced menus and UEFI sign for my Lenovo T440.  I have the original BIOS backup/dump image I have saved using chip programmer. The URL to download this is below:

bios2.zip - the password is  "biosmod" (without the " ") 

There is also a picture of the original BIOS system information for your reference. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNo8KyQ5OC_gat45bCCw-2OqrA2MQ?e=rAY7tG

Please save my village. Thank you :-) 

My attempts at trying to do this myself have failed so far... I dont know whats wrong. but when I flash my own modded bios back onto the BIOS chip on the laptop, and then try to power on the laptop. I only get 4 green light flashes on the power button and the CPU fan spins for 1 second and then off... cannot boot... not sure why :(.... 

Edited by ssj47

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, ssj47 said:

Hi Master Klem, Can you please help me patch and whitelist, unlock advanced menus and UEFI sign for my Lenovo T440.  I have the original BIOS backup/dump image I have saved using chip programmer. The URL to download this is below:

bios2.zip - the password is  "biosmod" (without the " ") 

There is also a picture of the original BIOS system information for your reference. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNo8KyQ5OC_gat45bCCw-2OqrA2MQ?e=rAY7tG

Please save my village. Thank you :-) 

My attempts at trying to do this myself have failed so far... I dont know whats wrong. but when I flash my own modded bios back onto the BIOS chip on the laptop, and then try to power on the laptop. I only get 4 green light flashes on the power button and the CPU fan spins for 1 second and then off... cannot boot... not sure why :(.... 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

8 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

I think my messages only allows 1 new message from you.. so I deleted all the messages... are you able to provide URL to download the unlocked BIOS for me please?

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, ssj47 said:

I think my messages only allows 1 new message from you.. so I deleted all the messages... are you able to provide URL to download the unlocked BIOS for me please?

Your unlocked bios done. I sent it to you in a new PM. Check please.