Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Convenience said:

Hi could you please unlock my T440p BIOS dump. I already sent you PM. i would really appreciate. 

Thank you and kind regards

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:04 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hi Klem, 

I know that there is a 5 beeps problem due to the changed file size of modded BIOS.

May I know if the guide below is a correct way to create a digital RSA signature?

What I know the procedure of removing whitelist:

Dump the BIOS from T440p => remove whitelist => sign the RSA again to the modded BIOS=> flash the modded BIOS to T440p=> Enjoy 

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, exe127 said:

Hi Klem, 

I know that there is a 5 beeps problem due to the changed file size of modded BIOS.

May I know if the guide below is a correct way to create a digital RSA signature?

What I know the procedure of removing whitelist:

Dump the BIOS from T440p => remove whitelist => sign the RSA again to the modded BIOS=> flash the modded BIOS to T440p=> Enjoy 

Hi!

Yes, guide is correct.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, guide is correct.

Hi, my T440p (bios ver 2.55) needs your help! Thank you.

1) Please help remove the wifi whitelist for any future cards

2) Do the RSA signature again to avoid 5 beeps problem

Thanks! Klem

My bios download link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k9l4dq

• Bios Modder
42 minutes ago, exe127 said:

Hi, my T440p (bios ver 2.55) needs your help! Thank you.

1) Please help remove the wifi whitelist for any future cards

2) Do the RSA signature again to avoid 5 beeps problem

Thanks! Klem

My bios download link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k9l4dq

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, dimar said:

Hi, could you please remove the whitelist so I can install any PCIe wireless card?

This ThinkPad T540p has SPI1 and SPI2 chips. I copied both of them just in case.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VfQH5jiqxneLHkfHpA9F8cWptuXzTNIj?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Catas6 said:

Is it possible to have this work on a W540 by any chance?

Hi!

As first step, you need to read your bios chip using hardware SPI programmer (read the first page of this thread) . 

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/33xntmcth

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1

hi all!

so I have a T440s with the latest locked bios which disabled the ability to downgrade. My intention was to write 2.36 which has no whitelist, allowing all wifi cards. So the "windows" way was not possible, and decided to buy a ch341a + the soic8

so.....I read the bios and saved it and wrote a new one. the button power flashes 3 times and that's it....no power. Flashed by backup and does the same thing.

any ideas?

• Bios Modder
11 minutes ago, Godzzi said:

hi all!

so I have a T440s with the latest locked bios which disabled the ability to downgrade. My intention was to write 2.36 which has no whitelist, allowing all wifi cards. So the "windows" way was not possible, and decided to buy a ch341a + the soic8

so.....I read the bios and saved it and wrote a new one. the button power flashes 3 times and that's it....no power. Flashed by backup and does the same thing.

any ideas?

Hi!

In your case, there can be only two reasons:

1. You flash wrong or corrupted bios file. Your backup bios file may have been read incorrectly, with errors, and therefore it may also be corrupted.

2. Write procedure proceeded with some errors.

so I was able to write a dump from the internet but I think something is not working properly.

I get a really slow boot up time before the bios screen (remains just black) + my left USB stopped working. I wonder if I broke the USB while I was thinkering or it's a bad BIOS.

Here's my 1st dump save which is mine. Can someone please remove the wifi whitelist?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19OKOt9pVCVGMvjYj_5_V4CU3tI-KW6As?usp=sharing

• Bios Modder
21 minutes ago, Godzzi said:

so I was able to write a dump from the internet but I think something is not working properly.

I get a really slow boot up time before the bios screen (remains just black) + my left USB stopped working. I wonder if I broke the USB while I was thinkering or it's a bad BIOS.

Here's my 1st dump save which is mine. Can someone please remove the wifi whitelist?

Ok. Check PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question - The first post links to some SPI readers/programmers and all seem to be 5V logic.  Has anybody had the BIOS chip in a T440s pop because the chip is 3V3, but working on 5V?
Please advise,

FUBob

Edited by FUBob
punctuation fix, no biggie

• Bios Modder
18 hours ago, FUBob said:

because the chip is 3V3, but working on 5V?

Hi!

Don't worry, programmer CH341A correctly works with bios chip in T440s. Tested.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
8 minutes ago, RadioFreeRich said:

Model: Lenovo T440p

BIOS: 2.56

Would you be so kind as to remove the whitelist. 

Thank you!!

Hi!

Ok. As first step, just read the first post of this thread, and then create your file bios dump.