Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

14 hours ago, Klem said:

Check again if you have assembled and connected everything correctly. If everything is correct, but the laptop still does not boot, it means that you somehow damaged your original stock BIOS dump. In this case, there is no point to unlocking it, because it is damaged.

I'm getting some fan spin, but that's about it.

Would you know if there is any way to fix the issue, besides replacing the chip or system?

• Bios Modder
14 minutes ago, hatjatja said:

I'm getting some fan spin, but that's about it.

Would you know if there is any way to fix the issue, besides replacing the chip or system?

Check PM.

Hello Klem.

I am a bit confused.
My T440P has a 1.18 BIOS, that has the whitelist.

I have found that the T440S has the 2.36 BIOS without the whitelist. 
And someone posted a "guide" on Reddit, saying that the 2.36 BIOS has no whitelist also in the T440P.

But this guy didnt reply anything and disappeared.

So, here my doubts, that hopefully you can clear.

- do you know if the T440P v 2.36 BIOS has the whitelist?

- (if NO) having the 1.18 BIOS, do i need to use the programmer to flash the modded BIOS? Or is just possible to update the BIOS as a standard operation?

- (if NO) what would be the best way to do? I mean, do i have to upgrade to the latest BIOS, share the file, you mod it and i flash with the programmer?
Or is there a better BIOS than others?

Thansk for your attention.

Rod

• Bios Modder

Hi!

1 hour ago, Rodtek said:

So, here my doubts, that hopefully you can clear.

- do you know if the T440P v 2.36 BIOS has the whitelist?

Yes of course, all original stock bios versions include whitelist.

1 hour ago, Rodtek said:

- (if NO) having the 1.18 BIOS, do i need to use the programmer to flash the modded BIOS? Or is just possible to update the BIOS as a standard operation?

Yes, in any case you need to use hardware SPI programmer. It doesn't related with bios versions.

1 hour ago, Rodtek said:

what would be the best way to do? I mean, do i have to upgrade to the latest BIOS, share the file, you mod it and i flash with the programmer?

It's at your discretion. And yes, I can unlock any bios version, but to prepare your bios dump, you need to use hardware SPI programmer. Read the first post of this thread.

• Bios Modder
42 minutes ago, wqill2016 said:

Hi Klem,

looking to remove whitelist and unlock advanced settings in BIOS, although do you work with T540p?

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, you can send me your bios dump.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Klem,

Have a T540P and I've had some success with upgrading the BIOS. The advanced option is now there but the whitelist removal didn't work. Any advice would be helpful.

Edited by Thevin
missing content.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Thevin said:

Hi Klem,

Have a T540P and I've had some success with upgrading the BIOS. The advanced option is now there but the whitelist removal didn't work. Any advice would be helpful.

Hi!

You can post here or send me your file bios dump. For prepare your bios dump, you need to use hardware SPI programmer. Please, read the first post of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
14 minutes ago, gabitzu73 said:

Hi!

Could you please remove the wifi whitelist and enable advanced features in my T540p ?

Dump bios

Hi!

You need to read another bios chip 4MB (not chip 8MB).

Edited by Klem

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, gabitzu73 said:

Hi, I hope, this is corect!Dump 4Mb

Hi!

I checked your new file bios dump 4MB, unfortunately it's not correct. You need to read your bios dump from your bios chip 4MB again, may be multiple times and then compare in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/vchnhg37k

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

I checked your new file bios dump 4MB, unfortunately it's not correct. You need to read your bios dump from your bios chip 4MB again, may be multiple times and then compare in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/vchnhg37k

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1

I'm sorry to stress you out!  I got the same file with three different programs 

AsProgrammer 1.4.1, AsProgrammer 2.1 and NeoProgrammer 2.2.

DUMP

• Bios Modder
18 minutes ago, gabitzu73 said:

I'm sorry to stress you out!  I got the same file with three different programs 

AsProgrammer 1.4.1, AsProgrammer 2.1 and NeoProgrammer 2.2.

DUMP

Yes, now your bios dump is correct. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

hallo ich möchte gerne die  Whitelis von meinem Tinkpad T440 entfernen lassen

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/ds035965-bios-update-utility-bootable-cd-for-windows-108187-64-bit-7-32-bit-thinkpad-t440-t440s

BIOS-Informationen
    kaufen: LENOVO
    Version: GJETA4WW (2.54)
    Erscheinungsdatum: 27.03.2020
    Adresse: 0xE0000 Empfangsgröße
    : 128 kB
    ROM-Größe: 16 MB

Edited by k-siebke