EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
BlazingBrandon

m1000m in a Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO

I'd like to know if anyone thinks its possible for an m1000m mxm card to work in a Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO. It has an mxm-a slot for an old AMD Radeon HD 8750A in it. It is rated for 45W max, while the m1000m is only 40W so I didn't see an issue with power. If I put one in that was flashed with a Dell vBios would it work? Or am I oversimplifying things? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Klem
      Klem's_vbios_DELL_GTX880M_80.04.F5.00.07_UNLOCKED.rar
      For 8Gb card.
      1. Unlocked Nvidia core limit +135 MHz.
      2. Unlocked core voltage adjustments.
      3. Unlocked Power Limit.
      4. Unlocked Power adjustment by software (for example with Nvidia Inspector).
      5. Increased Power Limit and Power Target.
      6. Enabled some additional tweaks.

If you liked my mod, you can buy me some beer:   https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ekushukovZ
    • By zex4
      Hey everyone

After notebookreview was gone (RIP) I believe that I am in the right hands here..

I have one gaming clevo P775TM1-G with original i7-8700 and gtx 1060 (Latest Unlocked stock bios) more then two years now...
      only what i changed was the display to 1080p 60hz non Gsynch time ago for better color representation....
      but unfortunately the graphics card is dying now...could not find any cheap for now but i have almost new clevo non Gsynch gtx 970m MXM3.0B 6gb on my hands....
      would use the 970M for now as lightweight gamer and creator....The card itself  fitted well but of course the heatsink not....luckily i found a cheap (35€) Clevo P775DM heatsink in good condition that fitted perfectly....

The clevo started into bios and the 970M was detected like the 1060 so i tought everything was fine until i getting blackscreen after bios
      i can hear that he boots to login screen...i can hear my custom startup sound...but that was all..of course i unistalled the drivers from 1060
      before and the panel i have is also non gsynch so i tought it should work otherwise i need a different bios or vbios i think

would be glad if someone can help me out of this

Best regards

• By Brentjuh2000
      Who can help me with modding and getting my 980M working?
      I replaced the M6100 that was originally in the laptop with a 980M but I can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting Code 43
      the Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_15CD1028
      I heard i need to modify and INF file but i have no experience with it

The vBIOS is from MSI

• By Krak
      Hi everyone, I have a problem. I need to unlock the bios settings because I only have basic functions and I need to increase the memory of VRam. Sorry if I posted a post not in this topic.
    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.