Job Stress

Cailley06

I'm currently working an office job in a bank. I'm beginning to think that the stress of my position is really getting to me. My partner and I rarely get to go out anymore, I don't see my friends that often and I'm starting to get migraines more often than ever.

What are some good ways to deal with this?

I'm currently working an office job in a bank. I'm beginning to think that the stress of my position is really getting to me. My partner and I rarely get to go out anymore, I don't see my friends that often and I'm starting to get migraines more often than ever.

What are some good ways to deal with this?

Well, stress is a common thing but you can help yourself deal with it. I have learned from different stress management sites that you can practice the following whenever it gets too much to handle...

- You don't have to be a hero. Let your superior and the people you work with know your limitations. 

- Ask for assistance. Don't just say yes to everything. There's nothing wrong when you seek for help from your co-workers. There's should always be a teamwork anyway. 

- Track your stressors. Write in a journal the challenging situations you face and how you handled it.

- And the most important thing is to TAKE A BREAK. Have time for yourself and your loved ones. Disconnect, just relax and worry about nothing. 

Thank you Humpteny for taking time to give me advice. I really appreciate it. I agree that I tend to have a hard time saying no and asking for help from my co-workers. If I do, I may be able to get some workload off my shoulders. My partner already suggested to me to try Regain so at least we have someone professional to help us sort through the chaos in our relationship. I might even consider it. I value our relationship so much. But I also love my work. I just need somebody to help me to balance them out.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello!

I think professional therapy can be extremely helpful if your goal is to preserve the relationship. Sometimes it can be hard to handle your work and personal life at the same time.  I hope my mental health issues will be completely remedied and I'm will be felling well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I often have stress at work, a very difficult person, my boss, always angry and in great demand, gives a lot of tasks regarding work, and in order to calm my nervous system, I found this nice site: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/  and I hope it help me. Thank you very much!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to get terribly stressed at work, I was literally pissed off every time I closed a project because I didn't focus on the details while working.
That was my mistake, but now I began to think soberly and try not to strain my nervous system unnecessarily, so that I wouldn't be under constant stress.

I have made it clear to myself that I will not run away from work, and if I want to live well, and it is important to me, then I will not waste energy on unnecessary stress.

• 1 month later...

I'm very stressed because of the amount of work and lack of time even to eat.
 But on the other hand I feel like my stress tolerance is growing very fast and I started to do a lot more work than before.
 I don't know if this is good or bad.