First time upgrading mGPU

I'm going to be upgrading my Alienware M18x R1 with a GTX770m I purchased from ebay; 770m has a Dell P/N: HW6C9 for reference. I have a couple questions about performing this upgrade:

-Is the /unlocked/ version A05 bios necessary? I am receiving 8 beeps on startup with the dell factory A05 bios installed w/ the 770m
-Is a vBIOS flash required for basic functionality and driver installs? 
-If so, is there a link to a compatible vBIOS for this card, finally, a guide for installing the new vbios?

Any help is vastly appreciated, I've done some homework but I am new to upgrading MXM modules on laptops. 

• 2 weeks later...

The GPU shouldn't need a vBIOS flash to work, but doing so will allow you to tweak your settings more than without it. I recently upgraded my Alienware m15x to a 980m from Dell and it worked immediately. I could install drivers from Nvidia right away. You might find that you lack fan control, however. If that's the case, you can control the fans with a software such has Hwinfo. I use that myself.

Edited by MatsueMaiku
typo