Is there a way to clean an MXM slot?

ServusFidelis

Since my gpu is showing artifacts and this is the second one to do this either the card is bad or the mxm slot is bad or needs cleaning.      That’s my best guess.        I’ve reseated it 3 times already to no avail.             Can the actual mxm slot be cleaned that I put the card into?      (Alienware m18xr2).  

• 1 month later...

Any slot can be cleaned with the right tools. For ram slots I use a soft bristled brush that I wet with 99.6% isopropyl alcohol. I can’t see why the same solution wouldn’t work for an MXM slot as well. Let me know if you need any more information.

Edited by speach
Spelling and grammar

• 3 months later...

Hi, from my experience, maybe the problem is that the cooling part is not suitable attached to the card. This may cause the card dislocate in the mxm slot. I have solved the same problem by rearrange the silicone sheet between the cooling part and the card.