No POST After Flash unlocked AW 18 BIOS

Here are my steps i made:

1. I made a stresstest and my laptop shut down with a blackscreen (i just had 80degrees on one card and the other one had 35) and i wanted to get my Nvidia Cards back. I tried all with FN+F5, reinstalled windows, tried disabling Intel HD etc. etc. I had no chance to getting them back to Windows + BIOS. But it was working, all of it except the Nvidia Graphics Cards with A12 BIOS.

2. My next solution was to check all my cables and positioning from all cards etc. But all was / is okay. SO if all is okay and i cant get it to work, i had just 1 possible solution, that was this unlocked BIOS for enabling GPU Settings.

3. I made all the steps. All was working (got no Error during BIOS Update) and i restarted..... Bang. 1 Beep loop. After several attemps i cant get it to work again.
I tried Mr. Fox workaround

Turn the system off and disconnect the AC adapter
    Disconnect CMOS battery and system battery
    Do a power drain (press and hold power button 30 seconds)
    Remove all memory modules
    Reconnect AC adapter and power system on
    Let laptop beep until it turns itself off
    VERY QUICKLY, WHILE IT IS OFF, BUT BEFORE IT ATTEMPTS TO BOOT AND LIGHTS COME ON AGAIN, INSERT A MEMORY MODULE
    System will start to beep 5 times
    Power system off
    Reconnect CMOS battery and system battery
    Replace any panels removed for access to memory modules
    Done…

(CMOS out, all RAM out, Battery off) but it is not working. If i made this i get 5 beeps again. But if i turn it on again i still get my 1 Beep..... CMOS in, all other out. drain it, then start it, i get a 2 beep loop, but it wont restart itself.

So i dont know what to do to yet. i tried to put out CPU and put out both 980m. Then try to do the same process again but it wont restart itself. I got no Error or something else while flashing. I think it was Success- or Finished-Message at the end and after that i restarted.

Yeah i dont know what to do to yet. i hope it is a easy solution because i dont know what to do without my "little brother".. :/

So... 1. Problem: it wont restart itself the 2 beep loop for nvram Trick.

2. If i replace the bios Chip, it should work again or is there still a problem with nvram?

I would buy this Chip.

http://www.bios-chip24.com/epages/63730052.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63730052/Products/33265

Thanks in Advance!!!!

My System: AW18 (2013), 4910mq, 980m sli

Edited by Schumsta

• 1 year later...
  • Brian locked this topic