New member - HP 2570P

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired an Elitebook 2570P with the Intel i7-3520M.  This thing totally exceeded my expectations!  I've upgraded it to Windows 10, installed a 128GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro, and increased the ram to 8gb.  I also updated the Bios to F.67 before discovering this forum, which from what I'm reading on the forum might have been a mistake.

I consider myself a beginner when it comes to modding computers, but after discovering this forum, I definitely feel the itch.  I'm usually a pretty light user but I started playing an online shooter game called Warface,  In order to keep up, I want to start with increasing the ram to 16gb and installing a better WiFi card.  Reading some of the mods y'all are doing is eventually going to lead me down the road to some cooling modifications paired with an eGPU.

Let the modding journey begin :) 

welcome, don't even bother with the dual core in there, drop in a quad core,  4 real cores, 8 threads...........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-3840QM-2-8GHz-8M-Cache-up-to-3-80-GHz-SR0UT-PGA988-MAC-PC/142771582798?epid=1122842317&hash=item213dd9774e:g:BbEAAOSwqVJazmS4

easy mod, screw driver and some new arctic silver thermal paste and let it run!  

evo 850 500 gb ssd, and 16 GB ram too, windows 10 preview builds,  latest bios F69  with no issues.

Edited by mikmaze