Ideapad Y510P compatibility with Windows 10 (charging issue)

jam97

Hello,

Since windows 10 released, I installed many versions of windows 10 in a hope that battery issue is solved.

The issue I mean is that windows 10 does not show the correct value for the remaining time for the battery to get fully charged, instead it shows unreasonable time e.g. "01 minutes till fully charged" no matter how much the real remaining time!

I read a lot about this bug, most say it's BIOS related issue.

Any fix, ideas ?

Thank you,

6 hours ago, Bos Maior said:

Doesn't happen to me. It just says 100% charged (which is correct; this laptop is always plugged into a socket). I use the latest BIOS provided by Lenovo, unmodded.

Could you please try to discharge it to e.g 50% then plug it into the AC and check the remaining time to get fully charged?

Thanks,

OK, so I discharged the battery to 33%. It then took almost two hours for it to go up to 99%. And then it got 'stuck'. That is to say, it never actually got to 100%.

There's no longer any indication of how long it'll take for it to 'fully charge', either: the text is '99% [space] until fully charged'.

Apparently, then, the OS doesn't quite know at what point to say that the battery is 'full'.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Bos Maior said:

OK, so I discharged the battery to 33%. It then took almost two hours for it to go up to 99%. And then it got 'stuck'. That is to say, it never actually got to 100%.

There's no longer any indication of how long it'll take for it to 'fully charge', either: the text is '99% [space] until fully charged'.

Apparently, then, the OS doesn't quite know at what point to say that the battery is 'full'.

Hmm, I get like this:

download (1)-1.jpg