Clevo Gtx 780m Undetected on Alienware m17x r4

mrsmile1015

16 hours ago, mrsmile1015 said:

Just recently puchased a Clevo Gtx 780m on ebay and inserted it into my Alienware m17x r4. I'm terrible dissapointed to find the BIOS a12 unlocked and device mananger doesn't detect it at all. Are there some steps I have to undergo to make it work? 

did you disable INTEL GPU ? and set you PRIMARY GRAPHICS ADAPTER TO "PEG" ?  IN BIOS

Edited by ll_r1d0_ll

On 2/27/2018 at 3:09 AM, mrsmile1015 said:

Yes I did. When that happened, my screen went black and beeped 6 Times.

try reseating the card again and check all the contacts of your 780m are neat and clean .. it should detect the gpu because im myself using a gtx780m in my m17x r4

Edit: I solved the issue by performing system restore in safe mode! 

I got a new 780m, this time made for Dell and the strangest thing happened. I was trying to get my AW to recognize it so I was looking over bios which is an a11 unlocked. My computer on bios still, I went to grab a bite and when I came back my computer screen was a blank blue. I immediately forced shut down my computer and when I rebooted, my windows login menu couldn’t display itself on my integrated gpu.

Then I tried to disable the integrated gpu and changed to PEG, after saving and rebooting, my computer beeps once and fails to boot. Any clue as to the problem?

Edited by mrsmile1015
Solved my current Issue

On 2/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, ll_r1d0_ll said:

did you disable INTEL GPU ? and set you PRIMARY GRAPHICS ADAPTER TO "PEG" ?  IN BIOS

I think I should mention I recently swapped by HDD for an SSD and now I'm booting in UEFI mode. Would this be compatible with a gtx 780m?

On 3/6/2018 at 6:40 AM, mrsmile1015 said:

I think I should mention I recently swapped by HDD for an SSD and now I'm booting in UEFI mode. Would this be compatible with a gtx 780m?

that has nothing to do with not detecting your GPU...