M17x R5 GTX 675m Downgrade...

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and a bit of a hobbyist  repair guy. I have stumbled upon a R5 that had a fried 770m. I had a GTX 675m from a MSI GT60-0NF and was hoping i could just swap it in without too much trouble. I have installed it and the bios recognizes it and CPU Z sees it as a GTX 675m, even the nvidea website auto detect sees it but says that the driver is manufacturer specific. Am I out of luck or is there something i can do? None of the drivers on nvideas website seem to work and i tried the one driver off of the MSI website for the GT60 vga driver.I really appreciate the help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 11:02 AM, mobile.jeremyk said:

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and a bit of a hobbyist  repair guy. I have stumbled upon a R5 that had a fried 770m. I had a GTX 675m from a MSI GT60-0NF and was hoping i could just swap it in without too much trouble. I have installed it and the bios recognizes it and CPU Z sees it as a GTX 675m, even the nvidea website auto detect sees it but says that the driver is manufacturer specific. Am I out of luck or is there something i can do? None of the drivers on nvideas website seem to work and i tried the one driver off of the MSI website for the GT60 vga driver.I really appreciate the help.

did you modify the INF file of NVIDIA DRIVER before installing drivers? you need to modify nvidia drivers everytime you change the GPU of your laptop except the one that came fitted from the factory

Ahhhh.... i see, no i did not modify the inf file. I do remember reading something about that and im sure it was on this forum. I'll do some searching and see waht i come up with. Thanks for the reply. Unless someone that has done it before wants to chime in lol. Thanks again.