clevo P150EM impossible to flash BIOS

havran

Hi all,

Please help me

I've flashed my Laptop clevo p150em with latest BIOS V 1.02.17 and EC/KBC V 1.02.11.
Now I want to reflash it again with latest original Eurocom bios

EC V 1.02.11EC
BIOS V1.02.17EC v3b GTX9

but there is a problem. I did everything according to the instructions, but after I ran step2.bat, the flashing process stoped itself and only the cursor was blinking in the lower corner (and nothing happened)

There is movie link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k1tqw3abwzmcpx/racer_p150em.mp4?dl=0

Generally I am not able to flash any other bios (the result is still the same)

Does anyone have any idea, how to solve it?

I also tried the following (unsuccessfully):

Remove system battery, disconnect adapter.

Disconnect CMOS battery, hold down Power Button for 45 seconds.

Thank you in advance for your help

PS: the reason why i want to flash it, is GPU upgrade (from AMD 7970M - bricked, to NVIDIA 970M)

p150em_bios_prob.jpg

Add '/JBC' to the string (in case it can't detect the battery) and replace the afudos in the package with this older version:

AFUDOS v3.07.7z

Recall that some reseller's bios versions didn't want to flash over systems of different resellers. Perhaps flashing the stock version resulted in Eurocom's flash to halt. This stock afudos version shouldn't care about that mismatch.

Even in case when I changed AFUDOS to version 3.07, still same problem.

I have already tried the following (unsuccessfully):
P150EM_BIOS05 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC05 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC08 - Eurocom original
P150EM_Bios10 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC11 - Eurocom original
P150EM_BIOS/EC14-clevo - Clevo original
P150EM_BIOS/EC16 - Eurocom original
P150EM_BIOS/EC16-clevo - Clevo original
P150EM_BIOS/EC17 - Eurocom original
Racer_2.0_X_BIOS/EC_2T_nvidia9xx_latest - Eurocom original
P150EM_17_11_PM_v2 - Prema

• 3 years later...
Clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM - BIOS V 1.02.17

I need to make my Clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM notebook work without the video card, it already has an integrated Intel Graphics 4000 video processor. When I remove the video card from the MXM slot, my problem is similar to the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k1tqw3abwzmcpx/racer_p150em.mp4?dl=0 . The fan turns on with great force, above the keyboard two lights flash, it starts to beep until it turns off. I can even log in and use Windows 10 for a few seconds and then the notebook shuts down. I've tried everything now falls here on this page and I need your help. For my notebook to work without the video card. Will I have to modify my BIOS? Thank you very much

======================================================== ========================================================== ===
Eu preciso meu notebook clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM funcionar sem uma placa de vídeo, ele já tem processador com vídeo integrado Intel Graphics 4000. Quando eu removo uma placa de vídeo do slot MXM o meu problema fica parecido com o do vídeo https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k1tqw3abwzmcpx/racer_p150em.mp4?dl=0 . O ventilador liga bem forte, em cima do teclado ficam piscando duas luzes, ele começa a apitar até desligar. Eu consigo até mesmo entrar e usar o windows 10 por alguns segundos, depois o notebook desliga. Eu já tentei de tudo agora cai aqui nesta página e preciso da ajuda de vocês. Para o meu notebook funcionar sem uma placa de vídeo. Eu terei que modificar a minha BIOS? Muito obrigado!

Edited by ANTP

• Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, ANTP said:

Clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM - BIOS V 1.02.17

I need to make my Clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM notebook work without the video card, it already has an integrated Intel Graphics 4000 video processor. When I remove the video card from the MXM slot, my problem is similar to the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k1tqw3abwzmcpx/racer_p150em.mp4?dl=0 . The fan turns on with great force, above the keyboard two lights flash, it starts to beep until it turns off. I can even log in and use Windows 10 for a few seconds and then the notebook shuts down. I've tried everything now falls here on this page and I need your help. For my notebook to work without the video card. Will I have to modify my BIOS? Thank you very much

======================================================== ========================================================== ===
Eu preciso meu notebook clevo P150EM - RACER 2 - EUROCOM funcionar sem uma placa de vídeo, ele já tem processador com vídeo integrado Intel Graphics 4000. Quando eu removo uma placa de vídeo do slot MXM o meu problema fica parecido com o do vídeo https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k1tqw3abwzmcpx/racer_p150em.mp4?dl=0 . O ventilador liga bem forte, em cima do teclado ficam piscando duas luzes, ele começa a apitar até desligar. Eu consigo até mesmo entrar e usar o windows 10 por alguns segundos, depois o notebook desliga. Eu já tentei de tudo agora cai aqui nesta página e preciso da ajuda de vocês. Para o meu notebook funcionar sem uma placa de vídeo. Eu terei que modificar a minha BIOS? Muito obrigado!

Hi!

What will happens if you will disable discrete MXM graphic card in Windows Device Manager?

15 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

What will happens if you will disable discrete MXM graphic card in Windows Device Manager?

================================

With or without disabling the problem is the same as described above. I've already done that, including deleted drives, wiped everything; It didn't help; To work without the video card need to modify the BIOS? O processador já tem vídeo integrado, é este aqui: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/ark/products/71459/intel-core-i73630qm-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html When I just disable or delete it, but without removing the card, it doesn't turn off. But I need to remove it.

Edited by ANTP

• Bios Modder
4 minutes ago, ANTP said:

================================

With or without disabling the problem is the same as described above. I've already done that, including deleted drives, wiped everything; It didn't help; To work without the video card need to modify the BIOS? O processador já tem vídeo integrado, é este aqui: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/ark/products/71459/intel-core-i73630qm-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

I mean if you just disable discrete MXM graphic card in Windows Device Manager (if you didn't removed the discrete graphic card from the MXM slot), then if integrated Intel graphic card will work?

2 minutes ago, Klem said:

I mean if you just disable discrete MXM graphic card in Windows Device Manager (if you didn't removed the discrete graphic card from the MXM slot), then if integrated Intel graphic card will work?

===========================================
Yes in this case it still works normally. The problem is only when I physically remove the video card;

• Bios Modder
1 minute ago, ANTP said:

===========================================
Yes in this case it still works normally. The problem is only when I physically remove the video card;

In this case, you can try to flash the unlocked bios version, then go in bios setup menu and change "Graphics Configuration" - > "Primary Display" from "Auto" to "IGFX".  And change "Graphics Configuration" - > "Internal Graphics" from "Auto" to "Enabled".

4 minutes ago, Klem said:

In this case, you can try to flash the unlocked bios version, then go in bios setup menu and change "Graphics Configuration" - > "Primary Display" from "Auto" to "IGFX".  And change "Graphics Configuration" - > "Internal Graphics" from "Auto" to "Enabled".

============================================
I don't know how to flash the unlocked version. Entering the BIOS and modifying the settings I know. My BIOS really has few options. I would like to know how I can make FLASH. I downloaded it. But I don't know how to proceed; Which one is the unlocked version?

P150EM_BIOS05 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC05 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC08 - Eurocom original
P150EM_Bios10 - Eurocom original
P150EM_EC11 - Eurocom original
P150EM_BIOS/EC14-clevo - Clevo original
P150EM_BIOS/EC16 - Eurocom original
P150EM_BIOS/EC16-clevo - Clevo original
P150EM_BIOS/EC17 - Eurocom original
Racer_2.0_X_BIOS/EC_2T_nvidia9xx_latest - Eurocom original

• Bios Modder
10 minutes ago, ANTP said:

Which one is the unlocked version?

Just read and follow instruction in Readme.txt file.

10 hours ago, Klem said:

Just read and follow instruction in Readme.txt file.

Thank you very much! Yes I did. Do I have to copy it to a pendrive? Can you give me the procedure in detail? Is there any risk of the machine breaking down?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
11 hours ago, HexOblivion said:

Hi I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I think I flashed my p150em but it still boots up into the dos. I know it's flashed because the bios version is different, even the name changed from clevo to style note. How do I get out of this? 

Hi!

Try to go into bios setup menu, and then set to boot option in UEFI mode (if it now stay in Legacy mode), or set to boot option in Legacy mode (if it now stay in UEFI mode).

On 9/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, Klem said:

In bios setup menu:  page "Boot" -> UEFI Boot -> Enabled or Disabled.

UEFI.jpg

I don't have that option. But I tried I different file with clearer instructions but when it said press any key to continue its been stuck on this screen for a long time. https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/nk1utszekiPD