ACER E5-553G, E5-523G Request for AMD-V Unlock

Klem

• Bios Modder
8 minutes ago, TihonovDev said:

sorry what's on google drive

Your link with vars.txt file, ask some permission for download. Also, send me your file bios, I'll take a look.

2 minutes ago, Klem said:

Your link with vars.txt file, ask some permission for download. Also, send me your file bios, I'll take a look.

I do not know why, but the files are not imported to the site. Now I will give you a new link with accessibility!

1 minute ago, TihonovDev said:

I do not know why, but the files are not imported to the site. Now I will give you a new link with accessibility!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G5spJ9zyT8b_33Jk_N5fuuFXy_AepbIE/view?usp=drivesdk

• Bios Modder
3 minutes ago, TihonovDev said:

And how to get a bios file?

I think you can download it from ACER website.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Klem said:

sorry I made a mistake with the name of the Aspire e5 722g-819с laptop

Just now, Klem said:

https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support-product/6197?b=1 is this necessary?

Edited by TihonovDev

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. A year ago, using this method, I tried to start AMD-V, but failed. After a failed attempt, I began to edit various parameters, which also did not lead to success. Some time later, I noticed a deterioration in the parameters of the RAM: the frequency decreased from 2133 MHz to 933 MHz, as well as 500 MB was reserved by hardware.

To return to the original state, I think to find the settings of the vars.txt file before the modification, I lost one of my original file. Previously, on this forum, they posted such a file for my laptop model: Acer Aspire E15 E5-553G-T0F0, but now this file is not available.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:29 PM, stsaper said:

hello.. i need help to turn on amd-v for my acer e5-553g-T0F0

thank you

vars.zip

Klem, please help me restore my baby's health :)

My current vars.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rNm45uAhh2hdQs-_tI0ri-iT9T08wew2/view?usp=sharing

Edited by OleGG

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, OleGG said:

Hello. A year ago, using this method, I tried to start AMD-V, but failed. After a failed attempt, I began to edit various parameters, which also did not lead to success. Some time later, I noticed a deterioration in the parameters of the RAM: the frequency decreased from 2133 MHz to 933 MHz, as well as 500 MB was reserved by hardware.

To return to the original state, I think to find the settings of the vars.txt file before the modification, I lost one of my original file. Previously, on this forum, they posted such a file for my laptop model: Acer Aspire E15 E5-553G-T0F0, but now this file is not available.

Klem, please help me restore my baby's health :)

My current vars.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rNm45uAhh2hdQs-_tI0ri-iT9T08wew2/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

H2OUVE utility can update the NVRAM area only. If you will go in bios setup menu, and on the last tab ("Save and Exit") will set to "Defaults Settings" it would revert all settings and NVRAM parameters to Default.

31 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

H2OUVE utility can update the NVRAM area only. If you will go in bios setup menu, and on the last tab ("Save and Exit") will set to "Defaults Settings" it would revert all settings and NVRAM parameters to Default.

I tried factory reset before, did it again now, didn't help. The fact is that I initially took the file not for my model, as I did it from YouTube videos, but I lost my original file, later I changed the parameters in a non-native file. In addition, I compared files of different models using the program, they are different, despite the fact that they are all from the same E5-553G series. Anyway, I need the original BIOS. Because even updating the BIOS version does not give any result. I tried to activate AMD-V in different ways. So I have a .rom file on my laptop with the original BIOS, but I'm not sure about it because of its size. They wrote on the Internet that this file should be 2048 KB, 4096 KB, etc. an integer MB, mine is 4608 KB in size. Therefore, I am afraid to sew up this version, because I do not want to get a brick. Maybe you still have vars.txt files from the Acer Aspire E15 E5-553G-T0F0 when you helped the previous sufferer in 2017? :) In principle, it will suit me with virtualization turned on, it doesn't matter anymore, the main thing is to fix the RAM.

Edited by OleGG

• Bios Modder
21 minutes ago, OleGG said:

I tried factory reset before, did it again now, didn't help.

Again,

If you have some problems with your laptop, or bios, it's doesn't related with H2OUVE utility or vars.txt ( after bios factory reset).

Ram speed 933 it's mean real 1866, because your Ram it's DDR (double-data-rate).

Also 500 MB was reserved by hardware - it's normal and necessary for integrated graphic card or for any another hardware

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2017 at 5:11 PM, Klem said:

Hi,

In this thread you can post your requests for AMD-V unlock on ACER E5-553G and same laptops with AMD CPU's, for example Acer Aspire E15, Acer Aspire E5-523G, Acer Aspire E1-522, Acer Aspire E1-420, Acer Aspire E5-421, Acer Aspire V5-123, and etc.

Now we can unlock  AMD-V function for virtualization support. In general, this method described in the article on this link: http://www.geektech.co.nz/how-to-unlock-...enovo-y700
This way requires Windows as a system because  some tool works only in Windows.

Download this tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NHIBM...RtQXM/view
Extract the archive H2OUVE.rar directly on the Desktop and copy the H2OUVE folder directly on the disk C:\

Then run the Command prompt as Administrator and execute these commands:

cd  \

cd  H2OUVE

H2OUVE.exe   -gv   vars.txt

After each command press the Enter button.

After that, you'll have the file "vars.txt" in H2OUVE folder.
Post here this file "vars.txt" or upload it to any fileserver and  send me the link.

For reference, here's the EFI-table with available settings for this notebook: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4NHIB...WI4LW14bE0
And here's the setting that needs to be changed:
0x1C40B             Setting: SVM support, Variable: 0xEE {05 91 54 02 55 02 54 00 34 12 EE 00 00 10 00 01 00}
0x1C41C                 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 (default) {09 07 27 00 10 00 00}
0x1C423                 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 28 00 00 00 01}

Are you still active today?, can i ask for help? i need a help to use my virtualization

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...