Help Needed - Dell E6430 - GTX 1050 ti - Windows 7

Littz_

Hi,

I have a Dell E6430 laptop with an Intel 4000 integrated gpu. I am trying to upgrade it to a GTX 1050 TI eGPU with the GDC Beast expresscard adaptor and a 450W power supply while using the internal display.

The problem is that when I plug the GPU into the laptop after startup, the gpu is not recognized by the device manager. When I try to download the Nvidia driver from the CD and the website manually, it gives me the "Nvidia cannot find compatible hardware". When I plug the GPU into the laptop before startup, I get a black screen and my laptop starts up, as I can hear the startup screen, but the screen stays black. The light is on for the GPU and the fans are spinning.

My laptop seems to recognize the GPU because it acts differently on startup when it is plugged in, but doesnt recognize it if I plug it in after. I have tried to follow some BIOS setups like disabling Wake on LAN, NIC onboarding, and Integrated NIC. I also tried to use DDU to unistall both the intel GPU and the Nvidia GPU while restarting. I have tried to use an HDMI from the eGPU to an external display and get the same black screen. I also tried it on another laptop and the Nvidia showed up in the device manager on that laptop.

I am just trying to play PUBG! Please let me know if there are any suggestions, Thank you!

Edited by Littz_

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.