Hi. I have problem with my lenovo g580 (20150) laptop, where i flashed my BIOS and changed some monitor settings which results in a black screen and one short beep! Specifically, after flashing bios with  modded one, my laptop was working (at least at the point of bios setup menu) and after i changed monitor settings to "auto-select" and some fan rpm speeds, it stopped working (after restart). Black screen came out but laptop on power, fan was spinning and when i accidentally plugged in my usb stick (while in black screen) windows autoplay sound came out. Next, i thought "maybe i should restart, enter the bios setup (blindfolded), use resetting combination (f) keys (f9+enter for default bios settings followed by f10+enter to save and exit)". After restarting my laptop, i get only one short beep  with black screen...that's it...nothing else!

I tried reflashing bios but no luck there. I also tried to clear cmos cache by removing all batteries and press down the power button for a minute, but no luck there too.

I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]: [SOLVED]

Guys, i did it the hard way! I bought a BIOS chips (cuz it was 2 for some reason) from eBay and replaced the older ones. It was very scary thing to do but eventually i made it with success!! I don't recommend to anyone replacing the bios chip from motherboard and swap them with new, cuz it is very dangerous, especially for those who don't have soldering and disoldering experience with soldering iron. You can do this with heat gun too. Also you can use a SPI programmer to reprogram bios directly to mobo (this is better way) but again...it requires some skills using these tools. MOST IMPORTANT THING: DO NOT FLASH YOUR WORKING BIOS!!!! If you have only one pc or laptop and you using it every day and it's important to you...DO NOT FLASH BIOS WITH CUSTOM BIOS. If your machine is working DO NOT TOUCH THE BIOS. On the other hand, if you have a pc or laptop and it's not a big deal for you if you brake it....go for it...flash your damn bios...play with it as long as you want!!!

Edited by Bill.gr

• Bill.gr changed the title to Lenovo G580 (20150) BIOS issue
  • 2 months later...

You can also use this method to fix the issue:

Format USB disk as FAT file system.
Download the Phoenix crisis recovery tool
Extract the files and run WINCRIS.exe.

If it doesn’t run and give an error try to run it in compatibility mode 

Once the application opens, select the formatted USB stick.

Click the “Start” button wait until this message pops up and click OK (Do not close WINCRIS.EXE)

Choose “YES”,and hit start again and exit the tool.

Remove your USB stick and reconnect.
Copy the files “MINIDOS.SYS” and  “PHLASH16.EXE” that are present in the same folder as the tool to USB Pen Drive.
Copy your bios with name “bios.wph” 

Turn off your laptop, disconnect the power source, plug in the USB stick.
Connect the Power source, Press and hold “fn” key + “R” and while doing so hit the power button and wait for 5 seconds until you see the pen drive blink and the fan running.
Leave your laptop alone for few minutes and it will reboot on its own, 

Check Lenovo G580 Manual for more assistant support.