Alienware R1 i7 Stuck in Premamod boot with 8 beeps

Vic-20

Hello recently I have attempted to boot my PC from USB device during this time I have gone to F12 boot options and attempted to do this at one stage I have selected a option to boot from legacy then the system rebooted.

But now it seems I am stuck it keeps showing a new boot bios page when the system boots from premamod and then goes black screen and beeps 8 times over and over. I have attempted a bios reset I have removed the watch battery and main battery and held down power for 60secs but I still cannot get back to my normal bios in any way.

Please, how can I get rid of this and go back to normal boot?

Here's a pic of the boot screen.

https://imgur.com/a/sptWN

do you see your original A/W splash screen or just what the pic shows?

also to be on the safe side and double check the usual's you did make sure you grabbed the right files?

EDIT: also what might your hardware config be also? might help others in figuring what the issue could be, in new here to the forum but im a half decent tech

Edited by Poeticruins
forgot

I don't see the Alienware screen no, after removing my GPU which is a clevo 980M I now just get a black screen 8 beeps.

I didn't download or install any files, the laptop was sold to me like this and was running for about a year no problems I had no idea it had this premamod bios on it. All I've done is change a boot setting to legacy and this happened.

Im fairly resigned to the fact that my bios has just decided to die on me for no reason after changing a basic setting and this is where I am, up for a new mainboard really unless someone has any suggestions for me I willing to try anything.

Thanks.

ok, well now we have something to go on here,do you happen to know what screen you have?

what model machine do you have? i can tell you for sure its not your bios since your getting the beeps, pretty much sounds like my m17x r4

if you have the service tag on it still hit dell support and see what screen you have be it like mine the 3d/120 hz model in which case youll need the vid card in to get anything on the screen

seems the previous owner added that card hence the prema mod, but just changing the option like that wont cause your bios to dump,if you didnt get any beeps at all then i could see it being a bad bios but thats whats giving you the error tones

ok well its an lvds screen, not sure if yours has the fn+F7 key for igpu, have you tried pressing that?

checked the tag and that came with a 780m 4gb card. if it was an m17 i could be of more help sadly im more partial to desktops, i even still have an ol aurora r1 in the shed lol and only have the m17x here to test with

im not sure if trying a blind flash might do the trick but might i ask why you removed the gpu? if im following correctly with the gpu all you get is the info on the first post pic correct? does that one have the fn+power on self test? if so have you tried that

Edited by Poeticruins

Ok I've solved it.

I read around that some people plug in HDMI and they solved their problem, personally I didn't think this would do much but I thought what the hell may as well try.

low and behold the AW bios reappeared and I was able to change back the setting under F12 boot from secure boot off back to on.

now it's all back to normal again.

I appreciate your help though it gave me hope that I could solve it somehow otherwise I might not have tried this.

thx