I am trying an external video card adapter solution i have some problems

chesterhalo

Hi everyone i am going to connect exp gdc beast 8.4d to dell 3543 i5 5th gen haswell architecture. And the graphic card is gtx 1050 ti 4gb

Will it work on the dell 3543 has anyone tried it please tell me what are the potential problems i would be facing it has a mpcie 3.0 *16 bus lane

I have set up mine on a stock Lenovo y510p. that being said, I have unlocked my bios beforehand and made sure all physical connections are good. personally, I don't think you can connect a gdc beast without whitelist removal. for reference, my set up is a y510p Lenovo laptop with a gdc v8, 500W power supply and an AMD radeon rx480 RS. Also, you were able to physically connect the mini pcie interface to the mother board right?

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎14 at 8:37 AM, chesterhalo said:

Hi everyone i am going to connect exp gdc beast 8.4d to dell 3543 i5 5th gen haswell architecture. And the graphic card is gtx 1050 ti 4gb

Will it work on the dell 3543 has anyone tried it please tell me what are the potential problems i would be facing it has a mpcie 3.0 *16 bus lane

Edited by baselch
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/4/2017 at 3:37 PM, chesterhalo said:

I don't have del laptop but i successfully installed my egpu setup on my lenovo g580. The good news is that since you have intel cpu, it is more likely going to work, since most egpu setups i have seen was working with intel cpu's. The bad news (not so :)) is that you may have some troubles setting your egpu set up. The most difficult problem that you may have is BIOS whitelist for mpcie slot that your laptop may have. if this is the case i can't help you and i don't recommend you to flash your bios with modded one with more options, cuz if you do something wrong.....well.... i do not have to comment on that!!!! But if your laptop does not have whitelist you are lucky.

First, you have to disable your dedicated GPU from bios settings if you have one. If not, skip this step. 2nd, you have to supply your GTX GPU with external PSU (see specs for your GPU power consumption) but any 350W PSU or above  will do. IMPORTANT: You have to power on your gpu at first and then you power on your laptop.

If you need more assistance, feel free to ask me. Hope that helped.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't have del laptop but i successfully installed my egpu setup on my lenovo g580. The good news is that since you have intel cpu, it is more likely going to work, since most egpu setups i have seen was working with intel cpu's. The bad news (not so :)) is that you may have some troubles setting your egpu set up. The most difficult problem that you may have is BIOS whitelist for mpcie slot that your laptop may have. if this is the case i can't help you and i don't recommend you to flash your bios with modded one with more options, cuz if you do something wrong.....well.... i do not have to comment on that!!!! But if your laptop does not have whitelist you are lucky.

First, you have to disable your dedicated GPU from bios settings if you have one. If not, skip this step. 2nd, you have to supply your GTX GPU with external PSU (see specs for your GPU power consumption) but any 350W PSU or above  will do. IMPORTANT: You have to power on your gpu at first and then you power on your laptop.

Hi thanks for the help I did try the setup on beast 8.4d, however the setup did not even turn on even after doing the connections properly. I thought the product was defective and returned it on Amazon I did get the refund. I am still going to try the setup after I buy a different beast from an another source. I will send you a message if I run into any problems. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, chesterhalo said:

Dell inspiron 15 series 3543 i5 5th gen nvidia 820m

I find some sort of supported laptops list but i couldn't find your specific model, but, lots of Del 15 series seems to be compatible. In my experience, neither my lenovo g580 was on that list but still i managed (pretty easy) to make it work. So, the adapter which i'm using is THIS.

You may want to try that one and see for yourself.

Edited by Bill.gr
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, chesterhalo said:

Can you tell me if my laptop is whitelisted . Because I got an answer from another forum that this partocular laptop is not whitelisted.

I can't tell that. You should get that information from Dell user...sorry. One thing to note is this, since you have intel based laptop, it's probably going to work. Still you have to try for your self at low cost, that's why i suggested you adapter that i'm using which is cheap and gets the job done!

Edited by Bill.gr

I find some sort of supported laptops list but i couldn't find your specific model, but, lots of Del 15 series seems to be compatible. In my experience, neither my lenovo g580 was on that list but still i managed (pretty easy) to make it work. So, the adapter which i'm using is THIS.

You may want to try that one and see for yourself.

Whoa , that is different so you connected from pcie from computer to mpcie. Most of the youtube videos I watched used beast so i went for it, not to mention I did tons of research , only to disappointingly end in a defective product, which the setup did not even turn on I thought the atx connectors were the problem, hence the psu was not grounded(the green colour wire or the yellow 12 volt wire) right now I am going to buy from my cousin in US. I hope it would be proper then.

13 minutes ago, chesterhalo said:

Whoa , that is different so you connected from pcie from computer to mpcie. Most of the youtube videos I watched used beast so i went for it, not to mention I did tons of research , only to disappointingly end in a defective product, which the setup did not even turn on I thought the atx connectors were the problem, hence the psu was not grounded(the green colour wire or the yellow 12 volt wire) right now I am going to buy from my cousin in US. I hope it would be proper then.

When i was researching to build mine egpu set up, i stuck all the time at the exp gdc beast product too....i know.....!!! One day i saw a video on youtube with title "DIY egpu adapter" i think,  were one russian guy  shows how to build your own mpcie to pcie egpu adapter, and also he compared his adapter with the one i'm using right now. Anyway....as i said, it's cheap and gets the job done. I can assist you step by step how to set it up if you could provide me a video or photos of your bios set up menu and its configuration or advanced options tab.

Edited by Bill.gr
  • Thumbs Up 1

When i was researching to build mine egpu set up, i stuck all the time at the exp gdc beast product too....i know.....!!! One day i saw a video on youtube with title "DIY egpu adapter" i think,  were one russian guy  shows how to build your own mpcie to pcie egpu adapter, and also he compared his adapter with the one i'm using right now. Anyway....as i said, it's cheap and gets the job done. I can assist you step by step how to set it up if you could provide me a video or photos of your bios set up menu and its configuration or advanced options tab.

Will do that once I get the new beast. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On 4/26/2017 at 8:36 PM, Bill.gr said:

Hello man i see here you have lenovo g 580

I am very lucky also this mine laptop 

Please help me 

Today i decided to buy egpu adaptor

But i don't now wich power supply should i use and which graphics card 

Please help me 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.