Alienware 17 R1 (2013) wont turn on with graphics card inside

guilhrme

Hello guys, how are you?

I got today a new graphics card for my Alienware 17 R1 (2013). The newer card is a gtx 970m. Before, the Alienware had no dedicated graphics card, but only the integrated Intel HD 4600 from processor.

After I put the new card on laptop, I realized that the laptop wont turn on anymore. If I remove the graphics card, laptop turns on normally.

Another thing that I noticed, is that with graphics card inside  when I plug AC adapter, the blue led of it (AC adapter) turns off. Without the card, this behavior dont happens.

I already reseat the card a lot of times without success.

My Alienware is a R1 Model (2013) or M17x R5.

PSU: 240w

Processor: 4910mq

RAM: 32GB

Battery: OK.

Graphics Card: Alienware GTX 970m 6gb - G16E-A1

Bios: A14 (lastest from Dell WebSite)

I dont have another card to test.

Thank you guys. I hope anyone can help me.

The behavior with the AC Adapter i had one time. In my case it was a broken dedicated graphics card.

Did you buy the Laptop new without dedicated graphics card?

I removed my old gpu some months ago. The gpu appears to be in short circuit. Now my Motherboard dont respond too. I thing my notebook is bricked.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

happened with me when my gtx580m out of nowhere gave up ... whenever i plugged in the charger it used to give a little spark and the light of the charger used to turn off..i had to remove the gpu and replug the charger again to make my laptop...so there is possibility that your GPU is short 

• 1 month later...
On 05/05/2017 at 5:58 AM, ll_r1d0_ll said:

happened with me when my gtx580m out of nowhere gave up ... whenever i plugged in the charger it used to give a little spark and the light of the charger used to turn off..i had to remove the gpu and replug the charger again to make my laptop...so there is possibility that your GPU is short 

Yes! You are right! Gpu is short. The whole machine is now in short in consequence.