M17x R3 8 Beeps after failed firmware downgrade

Jaspyr

Just like the title says, I had the A12 unlocked bios installed, tried to downgrade to the A12 standard bios.  It appears to of failed now all i get is 8 beeps and a lit but black screen.

anyone out there have some advice that could get me back up and running again?

Yes I have, just this morning I attempted to Blind flash A09, all the fans spin up, it beeps 30+ times, reboots twice, then boots to black screen with 8 beeps.

the firmware i was using before all this started was the unlocked A12.  when i was flashing back to standard A12 the Bios may of had the intel video turned off, is this the root of my issue?

• 1 month later...

Maybe your bios chip got corrupted, there are website that sell bios chips pre-flashed with the proper bios for your laptop.

You could bring it back to live if you change the bios chip, in case your motherboard is still in working condition.