The graphics card does not turn on

omarion-88

Hi everybody,

For some time I have been trying to solve a problem between my akitio and my graphics card. Yesterday, when I connected the port thunderbolt to my macbook, the fans of the graphics card were working. But the card was not connected.

While the Akitio was running, I unplugged / reconnected the graphics card. The graphics card turned on and off, and I smelled a burning smell. This morning, I tried the graphics card on a PC, and it works well. Moreover the Akitio is detected by my macbook.

It seems that the PCI port does not work? How can I test the PCI port? Do you think I have to return the Thunder2.

Yohan

Config :

-Akitio thunder2

-RM450 (connect cart and akitio)

-GTX 970

Have you run any scripts to install drivers and get the mac to recognise the GPU when OSX boots? 

Smelling burning is unsettling... How have you wired up the PSU to turn on? Is the PSU controlling both the 970 and the Akitio? When you say you disconnected the GPU, did you just remove the TB cable or actually pull the GPU from the Akitio with it live? Pulling a GPU live from a board could short out power, don't do that. 

Run the script in the post listed below if you havent already. 

Edited by Irons324

Yeah, I tried with this script on my macbook pro 15" retina and macbook pro 13", and it's the same result : "no detect graphic cart". I tried with my partition windows (UEFI), and I didn't see my cart. I tried also the last driver directly of Nvidia on my macbook.

The PSU is connect to 970 and Akitio. In fact, before the graphics card worked well. I have been using this solution since August 2015.

I connected the power to the graphics card while the tunderbolt cable was plugged in.