Tech|Inferno Conan Exiles Server

Brian

• Founder

EDIT: Due to the extremely alpha state of the game, the server has been put on hold until it is more feature rich. 

Survival games are all the rage these days it seems and while games like Rust, ARK and DayZ have grabbed the lions share of attention, Funcom has decided to toss its hat into the fray with the release of Conan Exiles. Loosely based on the movies, you are an exile in a hostile land where you start out nude with nothing but your wits and will to survive. The game is populated with hostile NPCs such as hyenas (and boy are they frustrating), rhinos, undead, giant spiders, humans etc. that are all out to kill you.

This game features a very robust crafting and building system similar to Ark/Rust but with a more medieval take on it. There are no guns in this game so you will be fighting hand to hand with most people in PVP servers such as the one run by Tech|Inferno. Currently the Tech|Inferno server is run on a dedicated box that has been optimized for Conan Exiles and we invite everyone from our community to come join us! 

BONUS: If you are a Tech|Inferno registered member, let an admin in-game (5150 Joker or HuskyMatt) know and you will be granted bonus starting items such as medium armor, sword and shield. 

Server information:

IP: 158.69.120.222

Port: 24000

banner.png

See you there!

View full article

• Thumbs Up 1

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 5:04 PM, AKRoxborough said:

Anyone got any performance tips/settings for 980m 8gb SLI? Struggling to run this game on low/medium settings @ 1600x900 even. :/

Are you still having problems running the game, or did restarting it fix your fps etc ?

Try turning the render distance to low also, should help your frames if you have not already.

Are you still having problems running the game, or did restarting it fix your fps etc ?

Try turning the render distance to low also, should help your frames if you have not already.

Alright man,

It is thermal throttling, I get 92c on my first 980m, which then downclocks. I didnt detect it at first as when I alt tab the temperature drops. It is like the game spikes my GPU. Other games don't do this haha!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, AKRoxborough said:

Alright man,

It is thermal throttling, I get 92c on my first 980m, which then downclocks. I didnt detect it at first as when I alt tab the temperature drops. It is like the game spikes my GPU. Other games don't do this haha!

Damn, 92°c ?:o

18 hours ago, AKRoxborough said:

Yeah exactly my thoughts. Going to rethermal paste it tonight, give it a good clean out. See if it makes a blind bit of difference.

I take it you added new thermal paste, any change in your temps ?

I take it you added new thermal paste, any change in your temps ?

Drastic change... Couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the laptop fans... Mounds of dog hair... And a bristle from a brush. The thermal paste was rock solid and flaky all over the GPUs and CPU. Replaced it all. 70c max load on Conan!!! Ultra settings, 33-60fps. Maxed!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, AKRoxborough said:

Drastic change... Couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the laptop fans... Mounds of dog hair... And a bristle from a brush. The thermal paste was rock solid and flaky all over the GPUs and CPU. Replaced it all. 70c max load on Conan!!! Ultra settings, 33-60fps. Maxed!

Ah that is great news! :D hopefully we see you around more on Conan now. ;)

The amount of crap Laptops collect is always ridiculous...you never know what you will find haha

Definitely, I thought the guy I bought the laptop off said he had cleaned it... Didn't know he meant just the outside... Lmao!

I am stoked at the results! It is like a new laptop.

Time to try 4k out on the ue55ks7000 xD! Going to be mega!

I should be playing tonight after work. Might clean out the Mrs laptop too as hers gets quite hot.

Thanks for all your assistance with everything anyway it is much appreciated.

Final note: was the server down last night on Conan? Couldn't connect. 7:30gmt

@AKRoxborough

Haha XD well I am glad it's working fine now, hopefully your gfs should improve after a good clean!

And yes it was down for a little while as we had to do some things to the server, we have also now changed the port from 7777 to 24000 if you are trying to connect that way, IP is still the same.

We had issues with the server not showing on the browser list, so people could not see the server, but after a while of experimenting with different ports, we found using ones that the official servers use would now show the server on the browser list, so people can now see it.

Feel free to hop on TS any time also. :)

Marvellous! Have you thought about using any mods?

There are some pretty decent ones out right now. But I am not sure how stable they are. I tried a few but it crashed over and over on single player. Might make some mods myself in the future. I do like a good two handed sword!

13 minutes ago, AKRoxborough said:

Marvellous! Have you thought about using any mods?

There are some pretty decent ones out right now. But I am not sure how stable they are. I tried a few but it crashed over and over on single player. Might make some mods myself in the future. I do like a good two handed sword!

Yes, we have talked about adding mods, but at this moment in time we have decided to keep the server as Vanilla as possible, mods can be unreliable, and having them would decrease server population and growth due to the fact that people need to go to steam and download them to join, it's possible if they add in a auto download option for mods when joining a server, that we may consider using mods in the future.

The game is still pretty new, so I am sure in time Two handed weapons, being able to block with swords etc will be added in, and many other things.

Its said that a new race will be added, that being the "wizard" and also new siege Towers and weapons etc are expected to be coming also!

• Founder

Alright everyone, the server was wiped this morning for a few reasons:

1. We want to give new players a fresh chance to level up since those of us who started with the server had a pretty big advantage.

2. We need to set some rules and a fresh wipe will set those in stone. 

That said, the rules are as follows:

• No offline raiding - if you're caught doing this, all your buildings will be demolished by an admin and you will be killed forcing loss of your belongings. If it happens a second time, you will be banned. 
  • No placing objects inside mountains where they cannot be reached. If you do this by mistake, contact an admin to rectify it.
  • No foundation spamming, this will result in a warning then ban. 
  • Because avatars are disabled, building bases in unreachable locations (e.g. on mountains that require stairs to reach) is prohibited.
  • Building near NPC spawn (e.g. NPC towns/villages/caves) that causes them to cease to spawn will result in your building being removed by an admin. 

In addition, we are testing settings and right now the server is at 3x ALL so if you are happy with that, let us know. Good luck and have fun! 

• 1 month later...