Exp Gdc Beast does not turn on

Ajayajayaj

I am very new to this stuff, but i decided to try to do an eGPU setup. I have the EXP GDC Beast, a GTX 1050, and an EVGA 500 Watt power supply. I have the beast plugged into the power supply with the long 20 pin connector and the 4 pin connector labeled "CPU", but the beast and the PSU never turn on. There are no fans on and no lights. I can get it to turn on for half a second, then turn off again, if I unplug everything, then plug in the HDMI(plug that connects to computer), then the power, but it seems like that will break it, and this only happens when the left switch is set to "PWR".

I have the left switch set to "ATX", and the right set to off. 

Have any of you had this problem, I am stumped right now.

Thanks!

Edited by Ajayajayaj

14 hours ago, druna27 said:

I think the problem is your power supply. 500 watt should enough to power your GPU. How about GTX 1050? Still use 6 pin from power supply or not? If yes just plug to your egpu.

The card does not use the extra 6 pin connector, is this still supposed to plug into the beast?

oh I see. The power supply still good. If there is no 6 pin connector. I think it should work fine. GTX 1050 have some issues, have you done to change switch 3s, 7s and 14s? If you did it, you should check your connection to your notebook

• Thumbs Up 1

Use the CPU power 4 pins connector to connect the 4 pins one dont use the motherboard one. it should be like this, your power supply should come with 20+4 pins for the motherboard, use the 20 pins but dont use the 4 pins instead use the CPU one that should work, i use to have the same problem but i figure it out. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.