Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

@bsohn: I think you need to put a switch between "Remote" and "Ground". As soon as a connection is active between this two lines, the PSU is active.

m082l1p.png?1

OK opps I read the diagram backwards... OK so what does the sense wire do? (if anything)

Brion

Guess it is sth about this. Just not sure how to use that information :P

Sense (electronics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reading that and thinking about it... It might be that it is there to sense the voltage of an internal battery allowing the power supply to turn off when that voltage matches a certain reading to keep from overcharging the battery.

Reading that and thinking about it... It might be that it is there to sense the voltage of an internal battery allowing the power supply to turn off when that voltage matches a certain reading to keep from overcharging the battery.

Please report any success feeding the SENSE wire 12V. BPlus wanted to wire it that way for their proposed SWEX-DA2 adapter here but I objected since only known good config for SENSE was GND.

Hi,

I've purchased the 13" i7 dual-core w/ 16GB RAM (and Intel Iris 5100 GPU)

I am very interested in working with you all to build a TB2 eGPU - where can we begin? Is there any TB2->PCIe adapters at this time?

Edit: I see the Echo Express SE II for Thunderbolt 2 will have a 'free upgrade' for TB2 when it becomes available, but it's unclear on how the progress of that is getting on from the Sonnet side before it will start shipping with the capability.

nice

- - - Updated - - -

nice

- - - Updated - - -

so much amazing

Please report any success feeding the SENSE wire 12V. BPlus wanted to wire it that way for their proposed SWEX-DA2 adapter here but I objected since only known good config for SENSE was GND.

Not totally sure I am going to try anything with the sense but I might do some checking to see (haven't decided yet.

Brion

Added some pictures in the first post. Now all the ventilation cuts are made. Need to figure out how to cover the uncoated aluminum on the cutting edges.

Hi. I've got tolud issues on my spec :

Dell E6230

i5 3320M 2,6 ; 8GB ram ; win 8.1 x64

MSi GTX 750Ti OC version

EXP GDC V.6

Bios A02 ; A14 (I try both of them and still get error 12)

I check my tolud as experience by Tech Inferno Fan (CFA00000-FEAFFFF = 3.25GB). And that is supposed permanently.

But, when I attach GTX 560SE, this egpu is work, no tolud issues. And I can play GTA V, Skyrim, and many triple A games.

Can I resolve this problem w/o DSDT override and setup 1.x ?

Sorry for my english.

I'm from Indonesian.

Thanks.

please help me :( . I got error 12

my system :

Dell E6230

i5 3320M 2,6 ; 8GB Ram ; win 8.1 x64

MSi GTX 750TI

exp gdc v.6

. previously, I use GTX 560SE, and it's work via plug n play and I'm using bios A02.

here my benchmark

3Mark06 : 16020

GTA V : average 35 fps, on high setting (texture set normal)

then, I change my gpu with GTX 750TI. uninstall driver via DDU (clean uninstall). install driver 337. and error 12 appeared. still with bios A02.

I try to change bios into A014 (newest version). but it's not solving my problem.

go to checking my tolud. CFA00000 - FEAFFFFF = 3.25GB.

Going to DSDT override, but I'm still confusing about tutorial.

can I solve this problem w/o dsdt override and setup 1.x

I really happy to see ur topic. I asked some people on YouTube that some laptop can use an external gpu. But you did and I hadthe same laptop. My problem is just don't know where to buy an external PCI and those cable. I'm live in Australia and our gaming industry not really common. :( if yes can you help me? I just need to buy those missing part.

how does the 970 perform compared to the 860m?

Asked like compare a rock with an egg.

you can find your answer on Google.

Products like this might be commendable in the aspect of engineering/technological advancements, but I don't think asus can slap their ROG branding on anything they want and dub it as "gaming" grade. If you were to do gaming on a laptop like that, regardless of whether or not it's capable of running games, you're going to torture the hardware and it's going to live a very short life.

Changing the Intel Power balance doesn't disable the dGPU. It's more like disabling the iGPU.

That gives performance preference to the CPU over the iGPU, since they both sit on the same processor die with both a temperature and TDP threshold.

I set mine to 31 and 1 as sometimes a value of 0 means "all".

Interesting....

With an MBR Boot Camp installation, the integrated Intel graphics drivers aren't installed at all (unless I'm mistaken). Intel Graphics do not display in my "Display adapters" section of Device Manager.

So if my Intel Graphics driver isn't installed, are these ThrottleStop settings really doing anything for me? Maybe a placebo effect ;-) ?

The next thing to do is put a water block on the gpu, create a compact loop on a low power pump, design a nice enclosure and a more consumer friendly startup process and then take it to a kickstarter. =P

It would be nice anyways.

Added some pictures in the first post. Now all the ventilation cuts are made. Need to figure out how to cover the uncoated aluminum on the cutting edges.

Finished all cuts. Now I have to wait for some wires from Hongkong to start the soldering.

old vs. new:

post-26280-14494999962854_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

dokii said:
Hy,

I will be short because I'm writing from phone and I'm egpu with this laptop sent me almost to madness.

I bought exp gdc beast v6 from bangood paired with Gainward GTX 660 and dell 220p power supply.

My laptop is Lenovo G510 ( i3 4000m 2.4 ghz, 8 GB ddr3 ram,1TB SSHD and Intel HD 4600 ) and only way to connect was via mpcie after removal of Wi-Fi card.

I followed guides from this forum,YouTube tried every possible way to force egpu and no succes.

Adapter and card are functional ( forum member darkydark tested on his Dell and egpu started working almost instantly on external monitor ) .

So after trying booting with Wi-Fi card then going to sleep and connecting egpu and resuming again with no change ) I contacted darkydark who wrote articles for PC magazine about egpu.

He tried with DIY egpu tutorial about whitelisting in any possible way with no guess what succes because Lenovo obviously upgraded whitelist.

What can I do,what option is left ?

Pain was even doubled when I started getting BSOD right before logon screen,I tried restoring ports with DIY egpu,tried every option there with no succes,BSOD appears every time,couldnt repair with last known good configuration and cant reach safe mod ( this happens with Wi-Fi card in mpcie and without,also with egpu )

Is there any way to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Reinstalled Windows,asked for modding bios ( removing whitelist ).

If I cant remove whitelist because bios could be write protected, any way other to bypass whitelist, DIY egpu setup as mentioned doesnt help too much

[Here my spec:]

i5 3320M 2,6

2x4 GB 1600Mhz

Win 8.1 x64

Bios A14 (newest)

EXP GDC v.6

MSi GTX 750TI OC version ; Forsa GTX 560SE

AOC Monitor 1366x768@60Hz

[using GTX 560SE] when I attach usb drive stick, audio jack or other usb devices , sometimes nvidia driver stopped suddenly and recovery again. (default setting gen2 pcie)

[Just using GTX 750TI]Moreover, windows just restarted after I plug my HDD external. Whereas, I just set gen1 on egpu.

:(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.