Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Yup, Win8.1 was giving lower-than-expected CPU/physics scores. Using Win7 for your benchmarks making them comparable against the other existing mostly Win7 EC/mPCIe eGPU benchmark results. Your 10GBps-TB1 Win8.1 results comparable against many of the Macbook TB implementations we have: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#dx11

Need helps to pass error 12.

Cannot do PCI compaction to generate the pci.bat (DOS area sector error)

- MacBook Air Mid 2011 (64GB SSD, 2GB RAM, window 7, completed remove MacOSX).

- Sonnet ExpressCard + PE4L 2.1b

- GPU Nvidia GT 740

Thanks a lot.

Need helps to pass error 12.

Cannot do PCI compaction to generate the pci.bat (DOS area sector error)

- MacBook Air Mid 2011 (64GB SSD, 2GB RAM, window 7, completed remove MacOSX).

- Sonnet ExpressCard + PE4L 2.1b

- GPU Nvidia GT 740

Thanks a lot.

If you've done a disk image installation of Setup 1.30 then please do a USB stick installation.

If you've done a USB stick installation of Setup 1.30 then please do a disk image installation.

See if that resolves your DOS area sector error. If have no success with this or further PCI compaction then please email me.

^Is compaction mandatory? Try proceeding without selecting any of the compaction options, which in the past have been very flaky for some reason when it comes to Macbook Pros.

Do you still get error 12?

hey,

I just bought the apple 15in retina I hate its performance in games.

im interested in a external gpu for my mac.

id like to it run in the internal LCD.

btw the gpu will work on windows 8 via boot camp right?

im not sure just correct me if missed something or idk.

AKiTIO Thunder2 PCIe box (270$)

or Sonnet Echo Express SE II (500$)

and why?

GPU: EVGA 780 GTX 3GB (its the best gpu for that buck right?) EVGA 03G-P4-3784-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Dual FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card - Newegg.com

Power supply: EVGA supernova 750W EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 750W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 5 Year Warranty 110-B2-0750-VR SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular NEW 4th Gen CPU Certified Intel 4th Gen Ready - Newegg.com

thank you

Now I can generate pci.bat from USB stick installation of Setup 1.30.

But Nvidia GT 740 has gone in Device Manager, and a few PCI Express Controllers occur instead.

I think USB stick did not detect eGPU.

post-30009-14494998428431_thumb.png

Hi everyone,

I am Johnny. I have read through some of the pages in this thread, however I couldn't find anyone has the same problem as mine. I have a:

13 Macbook pro R 2014,

with Intel Iris,

2.6 Ghz Intel core i5,

8gb ddr3

running windows 7 64

EXP GDC v7

eGPU evga gtx770

sonnet expresscard pro thunderbolt adapter

My problem is after I have install everything, my macbook shows that gtx 770 " code 12, does not have enough resources". I don't know what can I do to fix this problem.

Thank you for reading my post

Johnny

P.S. I am not an computer expert.

Anyone who can help me with restoring the Optimus feature?

See I can't get internal LCD mode to work. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2129-diy-egpu-troubleshooting-faq.html#optimus_faq3 . Ensure the Intel iGPU is active with a valid driver, even resorting to reloading both the iGPU and eGPU driver from scratch after using DDU to delete the NVidia one. If still no luck then consider a Win8.1 reinstallation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.