Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hey guys, i hope someone here can help me out with this issue im having with the 1.3 setup. I am currently trying to run a GTX 750 through Expresscard slot on my HP Elitebook 8570w with 8gb ram (windows 10) WITHOUT an external display. I just updated to Windows 10, but since i did eGPU setup 1.3 isnt doing anything anymore. I did the mounting but when i boot, my laptop does not give me the option to use the setup and just boots normally. Any ideas?

Edit: I got the setup 1.3 to run on windows 10, but when i successfully complete the compaction and continue to boot the eGPU no longer shows in my device manager or anything. I really want to get this to work. Any tips?

Edited by Thawsome

On 3/15/2016 at 0:40 PM, andhie133128 said:

As promised, see below screenshot:

1st. Normal boot up without PCI Compaction, the graphics card showing error 12

2nd. After PCI compaction using 1.30 setup, the graphics card is missing under display adapter

3rd. related to 2nd. checking below, one device showing error 12 which I'm not sure why

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Hey, i am having the EXACT same problem with my setup. Trying to run a GTX 750 via expresscard slot on my HP Elitebook 8570w... cant seem to get anything to fix it

10 hours ago, Thawsome said:

Hey, i am having the EXACT same problem with my setup. Trying to run a GTX 750 via expresscard slot on my HP Elitebook 8570w... cant seem to get anything to fix it

Hi, there is some cases that you still need to do the DSDT override + PCI compaction using setup 1.30.

I fixed it and now my setup is working well.

• 3 weeks later...

i  running setup_disk_image but have warning massege what can i for this steps?

*Macbook pro retina 2013 early (gt 650m)

*Windows 10

*Setup 1.2 by  @Tech Inferno Fan

*Using language is korean.

*see attached image and index in devcon.txt

thanks.

ACPI\PNP0C01\2
    Name:     Device has the following resources reserved:
        MEM : 20000000-201fffff
        MEM : 40000000-401fffff
ACPI\PNP0C02\1
        MEM : fed1c000-fed1ffff
        MEM : fed10000-fed17fff
        MEM : fed18000-fed18fff
        MEM : fed19000-fed19fff
        MEM : e0000000-efffffff
        MEM : fed20000-fed3ffff
        MEM : fed90000-fed93fff
        MEM : fed45000-fed8ffff
        MEM : ff000000-ffffffff
        MEM : fee00000-feefffff
ACPI\PNP0C02\2
        IO  : 002e-002f
        IO  : 004e-004f
        IO  : 0061-0061
        IO  : 0063-0063
        IO  : 0065-0065
        IO  : 0067-0067
        IO  : 0080-0080
        IO  : 0092-0092
        IO  : 00b2-00b3
        IO  : 1000-100f
        IO  : 0400-047f
        IO  : 0500-057f
ACPI\PNP0200\4&41DBD23&0
        IO  : 0000-001f
        IO  : 0081-0091
        IO  : 0093-009f
        IO  : 00c0-00df
        DMA : 4
ACPI\PNP0C09\0
    Name: Microsoft ACPI     Device is currently using the following resources:
        IO  : 0062-0062
        IO  : 0066-0066
ACPI\PNP0C0A\0
    Name: Microsoft ACPI     Device is not using any resources.
ACPI\PNP0B00\4&41DBD23&0
    Name:     Device is currently using the following resources:
        IO  : 0070-0077
ACPI\PNP0103\4&41DBD23&0
    Name: High precision     Device has the following resources reserved:
        MEM : fed00000-fed003ff
        IRQ : 0
        IRQ : 8
ACPI\PNP0C0E\2&DABA3FF&0
    Name: ACPI     Device is not using any resources.
ACPI\PNP0C0D\2&DABA3FF&0
ACPI\PNP0000\4&41DBD23&0
        IO  : 0020-0021
        IO  : 0024-0025
        IO  : 0028-0029
        IO  : 002c-002d
        IO  : 0030-0031
        IO  : 0034-0035
        IO  : 0038-0039
        IO  : 003c-003d
        IO  : 00a0-00a1
        IO  : 00a4-00a5
        IO  : 00a8-00a9
        IO  : 00ac-00ad
        IO  : 00b0-00b1
        IO  : 00b4-00b5
        IO  : 00b8-00b9
        IO  : 00bc-00bd
        IO  : 04d0-04d1
ACPI\PNP0A08\0
    Name: PCI Express     Device is currently using the following resources:
        MEM : 000a0000-000bffff
        MEM : 8fa00000-feafffff
        MEM : fed40000-fed44fff
        IO  : 0000-0cf7
        IO  : 0d00-ffff
ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&DABA3FF&0
ACPI\PNP0C04\4&41DBD23&0
        IO  : 00f0-00f0
        IRQ : 13
ACPI\PNP0100\4&41DBD23&0
        IO  : 0040-0043
        IO  : 0050-0053
15 matching device(s) found.

K-1.png

Hi, I detecting the Egpu and evrything is running. But its geting very slow, slower than only CPU.
Running a Asus i7 16gb ram, gtx760m and gtx 590 with cx600wat psu. I can find what type of mPCIe im running but i understand i need to ugrade it to version 1.2? but i relley can not reinstall my windows 10, i just have to much work on it.

I can not figure if i can use USB as boot or not to run the setup1.3?

Hi all, I'm new of the forum and I'm trying to use an eGPU setup using windows 10.

My hardware is:

Asus n55sf

i7-2630QM

8GB ram

gt555m

eGPU: Asus GTX 650 using EXP GDC BEAST v8.

at the moment, in order to use the eGPU i need to boot with the wifi card on --> suspend the pc --> replace the wifi card with the EXP GDC BEAST. in this way i'm able to use the eGPU without any problem.

I would like to avoid this annoying procedure and keep the eGPU always connected but if I do so, I have a Blue Screen of Death with the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR at windows boot. i've also tried to isolate the #PERST pin (pin 22) but in this case the eGPU is not detected.

Anyone of you have any idea on how to solve this issue?? is there a workaround to make it work?? Like a DSDT modification?

Thank you

Simone

Hello eveyone.

İ signed uparrow-10x10.png for just this topic. So I am new to the forum.

And I have searched for my problem but couldn't find anything so if I missed it sorry upfront.

I have all  a packard bell easy note tv44hc

İ5-3230

8 gb DDR3

and 2gb geforce710m

I plugged and made all the connections with a evga gtx 970

I don't have external  monitor so I want to use my laptops monitor.

have my 1.30 setup usb booted.

First of all I cannot deselect normap

I tried a variety of options and I always end up with "[MDR] NOREMAP=Y Disk remapping disabled" black screen after chain loader test run.

I will be very glad if you help. Thanx.

On 4/30/2016 at 0:17 PM, JuPucino said:

Hi all, I'm new of the forum and I'm trying to use an eGPU setup using windows 10.

My hardware is:

Asus n55sf

i7-2630QM

8GB ram

gt555m

eGPU: Asus GTX 650 using EXP GDC BEAST v8.

at the moment, in order to use the eGPU i need to boot with the wifi card on --> suspend the pc --> replace the wifi card with the EXP GDC BEAST. in this way i'm able to use the eGPU without any problem.

I would like to avoid this annoying procedure and keep the eGPU always connected but if I do so, I have a Blue Screen of Death with the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR at windows boot. i've also tried to isolate the #PERST pin (pin 22) but in this case the eGPU is not detected.

Anyone of you have any idea on how to solve this issue?? is there a workaround to make it work?? Like a DSDT modification?

Thank you

Simone

Hi.

If i were you i just unlock my bios and set the TOLUD value to fix 2.25gb and disable the dgpu. Then you can forget about dsdt override.

After that just reinstall windows because you probably get ACPI_BIOS_ERROR if you modify your TOLUD, at least thats what happend on my N53SN.

Pin22 isolation only needs if your bios hangs at startup on every delay settings(motherboard forces #PERST instantly).

So in the end my system only needs PIN22+PCI compaction with setup1x to work with the eGPU.

Your bios modding needs the exact same steps(N53S and N55S and N550JV bioses are almost identical), so you can just do the exact same steps with your bios file, and yes i checked it before i sent you this message but only flash it with your own risk [N55SFAS_207_unlocked.rom] and i strongly recommend to do the steps yourself and not just download and yolo what i linked. For last word you will unlock bunch of new options and you can set up these new setting wrong (for example: don't disable the igp)  causing black screen upon boot --> CMOS reset helps. But if you just play with the settings what you need then you are good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys I have windows 7 64bit and when I "click" Chainloader (set to MBR, mbr2 does not work) --> "Test run" ... it does not boot to win7 direclty but  I get the boot selection screen again showing me my windows 7 entry + my DIY eGPU entry... is this normal? 

When I watch this video : 

, I see that when he "clicks" on chainloader --> "Test run", it boots directly to windows 10

1 hour ago, will_br said:

Hi, guys
I have a problem to run Setup 1.30 after install and reboot the notebook, the following appears:

"Bad or missing command interpreter: \COMMAND.COM

Anyone know how to solve this?

DSC_0007.JPG

Pls re-download Setup 1.30, extract and re-install. If the error persists, the pls do a USB installation.

1 hour ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Pls re-download Setup 1.30, extract and re-install. If the error persists, the pls do a USB installation.

How do I make the USB installation? Just put the setup on the flash drive and run from within the flash drive?

Edited by will_br

Hi, I have a lenovo laptop with a GPT disk and windows installed. Does anyone have any idea how to convert the disk to MBR? I am fine with reinstalling windows but I don't have windows on a CD drive nor USB key, I'm not quite sure what to do, please help, thank you

Hej I have installed DIY eGPU Setup 1.30, but as it turns out, it doesn't work on my laptop. I have an HP probook 6560b.

Now whenever I turn on my computer, and blackscrean shows up with 2 setups, the DIY eGPU and my normal operating system.

Can someone pls guide me thru the uninstallation process of DIY eGPU 1.30?

Best regards

FlapperDap

Hello

First of all thanks to @Tech Inferno Fan for helping out regarding my payment issue.

Second of all, I'm confused, my TOLUD is N/A.

First of all my PC specs:

SystemInfo.png

My Laptop is a Dell Latitude E6410

• Processor: i7-720QM (originally had i7-620M)
  • RAM: 6GB DDR3 1066 (1x4GB , 1x2GB)
  • Chipset: QM57

Now the Setup 1.3 Screen Shots:

SCN000.jpg

^ This shows tolud@N/A; both the GPUs are detected

SCN001.jpg

^ Both GPUs with their details using nvflash

SCN002.jpg

^ PCI Map

SCN003.jpg

^ PCI Device Tree

SCN004.jpg

^ Showing error; where as the all_alloc = yes in background

Now for the problem. As soon as Windows starts the card is powered off via PCIe. Now my question. Why is this happening?

So a little help would be awesome.

Regards!

13 minutes ago, ByFire&Blood said:

Now for the problem. As soon as Windows starts the card is powered off via PCIe. Now my question. Why is this happening?

So a little help would be awesome.

Regards!

Both your dgpu and egpu are allocated ok. With the egpu powering off, check you power leads and psu attached to it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got everything detected and running in setup 1.30,by booting it from my USB,  however it does not let me boot from my USB after choosing automated setup with startup.bat.

II have 4 partitions on  my 1 TB hdd with 1 windows 10 installation and 1 windows 7 installation.  My primary OS, Windows 10,is installed on my msata ssd. So the problem now is that I can chose that Windows 10 installation but it gives me an arrow that it can't access the device, possibly due to recent hardware changes. I can boot into the ssd windows 10 installation without first going through the option of the automated startup.bat.

I would really appreciate an answer.  

I have a chinese laptop with:

i7 4710MQ

16GB ram

250GB Samsung 850 mSata SSD

1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

Bought today DIY e-GPU Setup 1.30 by Nando4 an made it work in about 2 minutes, no need for DSDT override and most important I have not lost my precious time!

-I'm using PE4H v2.4, ONLY PCIe GEN 1-

Soon I'll buy this PE4C V3.0 suggested by Nando for enhanced performance respect my actual eGPU adaptor (PE4H v2.4).

Edited by stopchemtrails
Changes

On 17/6/2016 at 8:35 AM, diabloretriever said:

hey, can you tell me how to buy it?

should i buy it from this

or just email nando?

I mailed Nando telling him that I wanted to buy Setup 1.30 and he replied me to make a 25USD donation to his email address... I made the donation and when he received donation gave me instructions

Hello, can someone help me out here, I'd like to know how to accomplish 32-bit compaction on "dGPU and eGPU" on my AMD (non-intel) chipset seeing as I don't have gui-type options to do so with DIY eGPU Setup. Thanks.

Hello!

I have successfully connected ASUS GTX 960 to my notebook ASUS Q501LA running Windows 10.

I had the error 12 but it was fixed by DSDT patch. It was working OK.

However, i didn't find any way to use custom DSDT in Windows 10 without using the TESTSIGNING mode (i need to turn this mode off due to Bohemia Battleye service (ARMA 3) which is not starting with TESTSIGNING ON).

So i installed Windows 7 in UEFI mode to use the custom DSDT without this TESTSIGNING mode. After i applied the custom DSDT i received the  Large Memory entry but the error 12 is still showing. I tried to delete the video adapter and pcie roots from device manager and then reboot but it didn't help.

My question is:

1. Will the Setup 1.30 work with my Windows 10 Pro UEFI OS?

2. Will the Setup 1.30 work with my Windows 7 Ultimate UEFI OS?

3. Is there any other way to get rid of error 12?

Thanks!

Edited by dan_yuzh

• admin changed the title to eGPU Setup 1.30 Discussion
  • Tech Inferno Fan pinned this topic
  • admin featured this topic
  • Tech Inferno Fan unfeatured this topic
  • Brian unpinned and locked this topic
  • Brian unlocked this topic
  • Brian locked this topic
  • Brian featured and pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.