Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

9 minutes ago, esatamod said:

Thanks for reply! So is the issue a Clover UEFI thing or just a UEFI thing? I'm thinking about trying chameleon or chimera instead of clover if it might help make this work.

I can't say if Chameleon or Chimera would fare any better as haven't tested those bootloaders with Setup 1.30.

Hello everyone,

New member of techinferno and new user of eGPU solutions. I'm trying to use an eGPU solution and am having, what I believe to be, a whitelist issue. Through fairly random trial and error with the anti-whitelisting capabilities in setup 1.30 I have gone from my eGPU not being detected at all to my computer booting up while using the eGPU to display to my external monitor. However, it immediately hangs on the first image of "Toshiba: Leading Innovation," and has multiple white horizontal lines all over the screen. I'm continually troubleshooting and have yet to find any way of getting my setup to work. Here are a few methods I've tried using to fix my setup.

Booting up with a delay: If I use the delay switches on the adapter, the computer boots up fine on the internal display, but neither Setup 1.30 nor Windows will detect my eGPU

Booting with wifi card inserted, sleeping computer, replacing wifi with eGPU, resuming: This causes my computer to have several false startups and then finally it resumes windows without any sign of a different device being present other than a lack of wifi capabilities

Booting with wifi card inserted, using '!Save' on the mPCIe port in Setup 1.30, rebooting without wifi card, hotplugging eGPU: Any attempts at hotplugging my eGPU yield the same result but this method has the most thought and reason behind it. Still, hotplugging my powered eGPU causes my laptop's fan to go crazy and the screen to go blank before dying and abruptly shutting down.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and/or feedback you all may have. My setup specs are below.

Make: Toshiba

Model: P850

CPU: i5 3210M 2.5GHz

RAM: 8GB

connection type: mPCIe

Adapter: BPlus PE4C V3.0

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 570 Twin Frozr II

PSU: EVGA 430W

I would just like to add as a tip (this worked for me) for people who's cards aren't getting detected:

I went into my BIOS and enable the password on boot setting, so I have to enter a simple password when starting up.

For some reason this allows my eGPU to successfully get detected and running, and it works on my system, which is UEFI based running

Windows 10. Using F8 to pause startup doesn't work at all for me but this did.

Hope it helps someone!

I am seriously not happy. And I'd prefer to hear from some one in addition to nando please.  

My setup:

zbook 15, akitio box, 500 watt psu, and a GTX960 4gb . (EVGA).

Thunderbolt 2

Windows 10. 

I was advised that since it was in the same family it'll be PnP. I validated that a 970 works after the advise from nando was to get a different card because my 760 apparently has a different architecture. Fine whatever, I saved up, bought a 960 after Nando said it would work. Got it setup, followed the same setups he gave me, of just using Setup 1.3 to disable the Dgpu, and it detects it, it sees it, it installs the drivers for it. 

ERROR 12.  Again. 

Worse yet, when I boot up with the TB2 cord plugged in, it doesn't get to windows. It either blue screens or it hangs on the windows screen.

If I hot swap it, it disables my freaking WIFI and all my USB ports.  So how this is suppose to give me the same results as the 970 which was a sweet and effortless plug-in-play I don't know. 

On 1/29/2016 at 0:26 PM, killem2 said:

I am seriously not happy. And I'd prefer to hear from some one in addition to nando please.  

My setup:

zbook 15, akitio box, 500 watt psu, and a GTX960 4gb . (EVGA).

Thunderbolt 2

Windows 10. 

I was advised that since it was in the same family it'll be PnP. I validated that a 970 works after the advise from nando was to get a different card because my 760 apparently has a different architecture. Fine whatever, I saved up, bought a 960 after Nando said it would work. Got it setup, followed the same setups he gave me, of just using Setup 1.3 to disable the Dgpu, and it detects it, it sees it, it installs the drivers for it. 

ERROR 12.  Again. 

Worse yet, when I boot up with the TB2 cord plugged in, it doesn't get to windows. It either blue screens or it hangs on the windows screen.

If I hot swap it, it disables my freaking WIFI and all my USB ports.  So how this is suppose to give me the same results as the 970 which was a sweet and effortless plug-in-play I don't know. 

AFAIK error 12 means not enough memory resource, have u tried DSDT override?

hope this help 

Hello everybody! I have hm 87  chipset (clevo w370ss) and exp gdc beast mPCI-e, can i set x2 gen2 in egpu set up 1.30? (i disabled port 2 and port 4, my egpu works on port 3 and port 1 is empty)

Edited by Ghostern

On 03/02/2016 at 3:14 AM, Ghostern said:

Hello everybody! I have hm 87  chipset (clevo w370ss) and exp gdc beast mPCI-e, can i set x2 gen2 in egpu set up 1.30? (i disabled port 2 and port 4, my egpu works on port 3 and port 1 is empty)

Unfortunately, your system doesn't have a x2 capable port layout.

Though even if it did, unlocking x2 capability would require a not-for-the-feint hearted bios mod. Intel locking that down as of the 2nd gen icore chipsets.

My suggestion is if you require more than x1 2.0 bandwidth then acquire a Thunderbolt equipped notebook and egpu enclosure.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought the EXP GDC v8.3 I've connected all to my pc but the pc not recognize the GPU.

So I've found the software setup 1.30 and I've these questions

I've dual boot on my pc with Windows 7 and opensuse 13.2 can I use setup 1.30 anyway?

My pc is MYSN c703 (known as MSI gs70) can I use Setup 1.30?

thanks for the help

6 minutes ago, ODINO92 said:

I've bought the EXP GDC v8.3 I've connected all to my pc but the pc not recognize the GPU.

So I've found the software setup 1.30 and I've these questions

I've dual boot on my pc with Windows 7 and opensuse 13.2 can I use setup 1.30 anyway?

My pc is MYSN c703 (known as MSI gs70) can I use Setup 1.30?

thanks for the help

Yes, Setup 1.30 can be installed on your system and used for the purposes outlined in the opening post of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a serious problem with my EGPU:
my setup:

Lenovo t420s
i5 2520m

8gb ram

intel hd 3000

windows 7 64bit professional

egpu:
ATX PSU 460W
PE4c V3.0 (Express Card)
Nvidia GT 430

I installed the egpu via express card, and fixed the error 12 with the setup 1.30.
Everything worked fine, until my laptop stopped working.

After a restart, setup 1.30 and the DM(Device manager) cant find my graphic card.
i tried everything... I tried every combination with the sw1 and sw2 switch. Sometimes when sw2 is on 2-3 and sw1 is on 1 or 2 my system is like super slow, like everything works in 1s steps.
and even than the DM cant find the graphic card.
I switch the Egpu to force pwr on, nothing changes.

I switch the EC in Bios from automatic to generation 1, no results.

I set up a start up passwort, no results.
I plugged the EC in the laptop before/after/during start up and win 7 logo.

I would change the jumpers, but i dont know how, there is no manual. I spend hours to find a solution.

somehow i cant upload the pictures, but D2 and D3 are alway green when the EC is plugged in the Laptop.

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone can help me?

I purchased a Beast EXP GDC eGPU dock and now I'm trying to make this work.

I'm having problems when I try to Run Compaction, it isn't showing solution for me, images in https://imgur.com/a/ARMaO

My setup is 

Sony Vaio SVS15115FBB

Core I7 3520M

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Nvidia GT640M 1G

8Gb RAM

Beast eGPU EXP GDC v8.3 mPCI-e

Please, help me

Hello, I'm thinking about buying the dell xps 15 l502x. 

I want to add a egpu to it, I was thinking gtx 750ti. 

What configuration would I need to go through if i replace the graphics card with the wifi card? 

Would I need to use the 1.30 configiration? 

Specs: i7 2ghz 

8gb ddr3 1333mhz 

gt 540m

Hello, I'm thinking about buying the dell xps 15 l502x. 

I want to add a egpu to it, I was thinking gtx 750ti. 

What configuration would I need to go through if i replace the graphics card with the wifi card

Would I need to use the 1.30 configiration? 

Specs: i7 2ghz 

8gb ddr3 1333mhz 

gt 540m

Please Help, I'm sorry my English very bad.

I'm try install EGPU Gtx 750ti on my Hp 8470p with PE4C v2.0, with Express Card slot, when I connect cable converter, and on it, internal display off, and the external display monitor don't on, if I try with my dell e6220, EGPU work very good and stable.

Do anyone know a solution for this problem I am facing at the moment?

Before restoring Port 4, I saved it with WiFi card in the PCI slot,  and everything I do in the video worked 1 time without freezing at the very end (with eGPU inserted and no swapping done).

--------------------------------------------------
Model: Acer Aspire V3-572PG
Adapter: EXP GDC
eGPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Dedicated: GeForce 840m
RAM: 8GB
-------------------------------------------------

Actual steps in the video:
Enable P4 (port 4, with eGPU)

Load P4.

(After this step, refreshing with F5 succesfully given me recognition of eGPU as Nvidia in P4)

Thanks for any opinions in advance

Edited by Legato
Included hardware info

Hi Nando,

I have been struggling with these for days and so I give up figuring out on my own and seek your help.

My system is
 Lenovo Y450 GT130 version
 Win8.1
 Ram 6GB
 PE4L 2.1b

What I have done is DSDT Override (Large Memory)

The problem:
 1. When boot with EGPU attached, the system say Error 31. I guess its the driver false. So I install nvidia driver.

2. Then I boot it again with EGPU attached and the driver, it shows blue screen.

3. Maybe it because I didnt do the PCI compaction thing. So i tried and it didn't get pass to the windows. It endup with blackscreen with cursor.
 If I remember correctly If changes like
 demoted dgpu
 then run compaction
 it get stuck on gathering system detail
 and never finish.

I also attach the diag.zip

diag (1).zip

IMG_20160306_110406.gif

IMG_20160306_110345.gif

IMG_20160306_105003.gif

IMG_20160306_050118.gif

egpu menu my PCI confinguraton menu has lost i also put it in usb its not read from usb but its read from drive c instead so do you know how to fix it?

http://prntscr.com/abxrhq

Disabled PCI confinguraton menu in Setup to allow iport functionality. how can i open this function ?

http://prntscr.com/abxrsp

http://prntscr.com/abxs4b

Hello Nando, I have a problem with SETUP. I'm using Windows 10 x64 now as my primary OS, but I'm running into a problem in finalizing the SETUP. When I try to mount the image in the setup-disk-image it is giving the following error:

BIG WARNING!! mkdevcon: PCI BUS section NOT found

If you are using a non-English language, then please edit the following:
   v:\config\devcon.txt
and remove the "PCI BUS" section that will be in another language. Otherwise the
addresses referred to in that section will be such that the the complete PCI BUS
will be excluded during compaction and compaction will find no solutions (fail).

You could tell me what is the problem? I've tried unmount the image and redo the process, but the error persists. Hugs!

Edited by Alberth-OC

Hi @Tech Inferno Fan

I sent payment via paypal a couple days ago, along with an email. However, I have not received any replies. I have double checked my spam folder. When will I receive setup 1.3? Thanks.

Edited by ded

• Founder
On 3/8/2016 at 5:54 PM, hlgyrms said:

hello @Tech Inferno Fan,

pls check your email for some infomations.  i remitted with paypal.

pls send me the egpu setup 1.3

22 hours ago, Kenenna said:

Hey @Tech Inferno Fan please can you send me the Setup 1.3?? I finally got my DSDT override working after going down to Windows 7. I tried to follow that link but it was listed as private. Also replied the mail you sent me with the original link. Thanks

43 minutes ago, ded said:

Hi @Tech Inferno Fan

I sent payment via paypal a couple days ago, along with an email. However, I have not received any replies. I have double checked my spam folder. When will I receive setup 1.3? Thanks.

I'm sure @Tech Inferno Fan will take care of this as soon as he gets a chance. 

• admin changed the title to eGPU Setup 1.30 Discussion
  • Tech Inferno Fan pinned this topic
  • admin featured this topic
  • Tech Inferno Fan unfeatured this topic
  • Brian unpinned and locked this topic
  • Brian unlocked this topic
  • Brian locked this topic
  • Brian featured and pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.