Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi, can someone help me? I have macbook pro 13" 2013 and in other the same config in post about macbook 11" 2013 (sonnet echo+ gf 570gt, etc.). And, of course, i had an error 12. I've installed eGPU setup and do all items step by step to remove this error (but i have an error with mbr2, after this i switched to mbr and got the same error, and after this i switched to boot... and all done). So, when i've booted to win7, there was appered new error in Device Manager "error 10", that i can't to use this device. What should i do?post-37873-144950006155_thumb.jpg

Hi, can someone help me? I have macbook pro 13" 2013 and in other the same config in post about macbook 11" 2013 (sonnet echo+ gf 570gt, etc.). And, of course, i had an error 12. I've installed eGPU setup and do all items step by step to remove this error (but i have an error with mbr2, after this i switched to mbr and got the same error, and after this i switched to boot... and all done). So, when i've booted to win7, there was appered new error in Device Manager "error 10", that i can't to use this device. What should i do?[ATTACH=CONFIG]15668[/ATTACH]

I think you need to install newest vga desktop driver right now :)

Hey guys, sorry for the dumb question but for the life of me I cant seem to figure it out. Is this program a donationware or do I have to buy it first before I try it? I cant seem to find the link on how to get the program on the sticky made by nando on where to download this. I would pretty much like to buy it from him but I would like to try it first and see if it works. I just finally been able to get my system to recognize the eGPU but i keep getting the code 43 error and I believe that this software might be able to help me out. Thanks.

I'm not getting any boxes. Its just blank with some links to an email address. I've been reading around other sites and it states they spend $25 on it so I'm guessing that the software costs $25 and I send the payment to the email address correct? I'm browsing this site on a limited profile so it could be that some kind of program is blocking whatever it is I'm supposed to see.

Pretty clear instructions if you ask me, pay via paypal to the given address and nando will send it to you. Copied text of what stands in the box I mentioned(and I'm pretty sure you can see this...):

DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 (Nov-2014) >>US$25: Paypal to Tech Inferno [email protected]<<

Pls include a return email address in msg and TechInferno username if have one.

Check your INBOX and SPAM folders for a reply message.

Don't have Paypal but have a credit card? Please email me on Tech Inferno [email protected] instead.

Can anyone help me?

When i start my computer with egpu it stucks to Windows logo and animation stop and with diy setup.

ASUS K72JK

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Processor: i3-330m 2.12 Ghz

dGpu: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145

Adapter: PE4C-PM100C

PSU: Old laptop charger (19V 3.42A)

When the image gets mounted the files are in the mounted drive (if I'm not mistaken)

Thanks

Can anyone help me?

When i start my computer with egpu it stucks to Windows logo and animation stop and with diy setup.

ASUS K72JK

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Processor: i3-330m 2.12 Ghz

dGpu: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145

Adapter: PE4C-PM100C

PSU: Old laptop charger (19V 3.42A)

you can try to use swítch buttons on tool kit.

Clevo P150xEM here with a AMD 7970m and Windows 10 64-bit (upgrade from Windows 7 64-bit), and no issues whatsoever. Make sure you install the proper synaptics trackpad drivers off their website (v16.2.10.5 16Aug12) as this seems to be the only one that has all the trackpad features like momentum etc.

Just want to say thanks for this! On Windows 10 using an older version of AutoHotKey and this mod, my keyboard now syncs with my aero taskbar, which is determined by my background slideshow that changes every hour!

And I will definintely be using this for extra immersion in Elite Dangerous!

Hi Guys,

I am having 2 primary problems with my W520 setup: the adapter is not detected, and I am also experiencing the stuttering. Here's my setup:

Bios: 1.42 without whitelist

CPU: i7 2820QM

RAM: 2x4 GB (removed the extra 2x4GB in hope my problem would be addressed bu to no avail)

SSD: 120GB for OS (temporarily removed the 500GB HDD from the m-SATA bay)

dGPU: Quadro 2000M (currently disabled, driver uninstalled)

Adapter GDC EXP Beast

PSU: be quiet! Power Zone 650W

eGPU: Zotac GTX 970 Extreme Core

When I got the hardware, I combined the adapter, 970 and PSU, disabled the dGPU in BIOS and tried to boot. Unfortunately, it all started to stutter - the abysmal experience was there. I started poking around and found it might be due to extra RAM, so I reverted to using only 2x4GB as in the factory state. However, that did not help. I also tried booting the system and hot-starting the eGPU once in Windows - that also immediately causes stuttering. It is gone after I hot-stop the unit.. The eGPU was also never detected. To see if it could be detected outside of OS, I borrowed some old version of DIY eGPU Setup 1.10b from a friend of mine to see if the unit is visible in the PCI registry. I tried different procedures for making it visible (hot-starting, cold-starting, moving different switches on the PCB), but never managed to have Setup 1.x see the eGPU:SCN000.BMP

My question is: what do you recommend me? Do you think getting the latest DIY Setup 1.30 would help detecting my adapter (my friend is away for vacation so I can't request that he updates his installation file at the moment, but I could purchase the latest version for myself if that could really help me)? How about stuttering? Given that it is present when downgrading to 8GB, I doubt it would help by upgrading to Win8 or Win10. Or perhaps you have a different opinion? Your opinion would also be valued @Tech Inferno Fan.

Cheers,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.