Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

I have the same issue here too. I tried everything but couldn't make my egpu with gtx 980 to work on macbook retina screen. Let me know if you find out any news or solution for it.

I'm having an EXP GDC Beast + R9 270x running through expresscard of a Dell Vostro 3450 which has the igpu Intel 3k and dgpu Amd 6630m. However when I tried to install the driver, the BSOD came, I think that is a conflict between the dgpu and egpu because they are both from one manufacturer. I used the DIY to disable the dgpu to install the R9 properly but when I rebooted, the screen went black after the windows booting logo.

I'm using windows 10

anyone who use dgpu and egpu from AMD, please give me advice, thank you.

I'm having an EXP GDC Beast + R9 270x running through expresscard of a Dell Vostro 3450 which has the igpu Intel 3k and dgpu Amd 6630m. However when I tried to install the driver, the BSOD came, I think that is a conflict between the dgpu and egpu because they are both from one manufacturer. I used the DIY to disable the dgpu to install the R9 properly but when I rebooted, the screen went black after the windows booting logo.

I'm using windows 10

anyone who use dgpu and egpu from AMD, please give me advice, thank you.

@DeRRickz, would you mind pls removing the offer of "free Setup 1.30 software"? Saves me the trouble of asking ebay to do it. The reason is the software is non-transferrable. Transferring it in your proposed way then being an act of piracy.

Here's a direct link to your ebay item:

EBAY: PE4L V2.1b + PE4L-PM060A, No SWEX, GEN.2, eGPU, external GPU

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, Netstor emailed me that they wanted to produce a video about my script for setting up the eGPU and express thanks. I told that a link to GitHub repository at the end of the video would be ok. They have kindly helped me a lot in testing, especially with the Late 2013 Mac Pro.

The script is meant to work with any TB enclosure, and the purpose of the [-a] mode is to solve possible hardware specific issues. I have observed that Maxwell cards & dGPU equipped Macs give black screen more likely with a multi-slot enclosure (such Netstor NA211TB, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Sonnet Echo Express SE II) than a single slot enclosure (e.g. AKiTiO).

Anyone who likes to manually try the -a mode, can do the following:

1) Boot into OS X without eGPU connected

2) sudo nvram tbt-options=\<00\>

3) Reboot with eGPU connected + option key down

And the EFI menu freezing problem should be eliminated on next restart. You must repeat steps 1-3 in order to have the same effect for next restarts.

I will put a reference to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#Thunderbolt from GitHub.

EDIT: README updated:

https://github.com/goalque/automate-eGPU/blob/master/README.md

maybe you should tell netter who actually figured the magic out

Alright so now the setup 1.x recognizes my chipset at least.

I have an ASUS eee-top, I'm using PE4C V2.1 in my WLAN mini pci-e port, with diy egpu setup 1.3, and a GTX480/580 (tried both).

When I plug the egpu into the mpci-e port, I get a black screen, no matter what stage of booting I plug it in (from start, sleep, hibernate, during startup with windows, in the egpu setup 1.3 main menu etc.

But I cannot get into the egpu setup diy 1.3 to make any changes because when I select the menu option, I get a loading screen, where my intel iGPU is recognised, but it then moves on to say, "[ichip] Uknown Intel Chipset Found. Update R:\Core\Intel.txt including version with your chipset info, run `ichip clear` to clear variables then run `ichip` to confirm your chipset is found."

How did you get it to recognise your chipset? I'm running Windows 8.1 pro, it is MBR as device manager > disc drives > [my drive] > Volumes > partition - says "Master Boot record [MBR].

Please help, I'm losing hair! xD

[EDIT] I also cannot enter the DIY eGPU setup 1.3 menu without any eGPU devices or the PE4C attached. I still get unknown chipset found... etc.

I forgot also to say, my chipset is a dual core i3 2120, the list on intel.txt (I think) does have it listed as "0x1c5C H61 2 8 62"

[2nd EDIT] I have managed with the correct delay settings to get windows to boot up connected to a monitor and the egpu setup, without running diy egpu setup, and I do get video feed through the pe4c and egpu to the monitor, but as soon as windows loads, it turns black again. If I hotplug the egpu I get a blue, black or green screen, depending on delays I think.

I have an ASUS eee-top, I'm using PE4C V2.1 in my WLAN mini pci-e port, with diy egpu setup 1.3, and a GTX480/580 (tried both).

When I plug the egpu into the mpci-e port, I get a black screen, no matter what stage of booting I plug it in (from start, sleep, hibernate, during startup with windows, in the egpu setup 1.3 main menu etc.

But I cannot get into the egpu setup diy 1.3 to make any changes because when I select the menu option, I get a loading screen, where my intel iGPU is recognised, but it then moves on to say, "[ichip] Uknown Intel Chipset Found. Update R:\Core\Intel.txt including version with your chipset info, run `ichip clear` to clear variables then run `ichip` to confirm your chipset is found."

How did you get it to recognise your chipset? I'm running Windows 8.1 pro, it is MBR as device manager > disc drives > [my drive] > Volumes > partition - says "Master Boot record [MBR].

Please help, I'm losing hair! xD

Please email me for assistance http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-a.html

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help, now my post has been deleted.

Why has this happened? I do not think I did anything wrong?

All I wanted was a little help getting past the following issue:

OK, so I am using:

DIY eGPU setup 1.3

ASUS eeetop 2400 series all in one desktop running Windows 8.1 Pro

ASUS NVIDIA GTX580

PE4C via mpci-e (connected to my spare mcpi-e port (in which a tv card used to be)

A 600 Watt PSU by ace

A hdmi leading from the gtx580 to an external monitor

My issue is:

When I try to start windows without DIY setup I get a black screen with the egpu plugged in, it shows on the monitor for a few seconds until past the windows logo, then my pc screen and the external monitor turn black, no matter what combination of delays I use on the PE4C, or what stage of boot I plug in the PE4C, even from sleep or from pausing bootup with F8.

When I try to start DIY eGPU setup, it stays on the external monitor, but, I cannot get into the Menu option, it gives me the following error:

“[ichip]Uknown intel chipset found. Update R:\core\intel.txt includingversion with your chipset info, run `ichip clear` to clear variablesthen run `ichip` to confirm your chipset is found.

iportfunctionality is disabled for now.”

So I cannot seem to get into the menu based option to make a difference because of that error.

Also FYI: [DOS prompt] C:\setpci -s 0:1f.0 2.w Returned > 1C5C

ANY help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help, now my post has been deleted.

Why has this happened? I do not think I did anything wrong?

All I wanted was a little help getting past the following issue:

OK, so I am using:

DIY eGPU setup 1.3

ASUS eeetop 2400 series all in one desktop running Windows 8.1 Pro

ASUS NVIDIA GTX580

PE4C via mpci-e (connected to my spare mcpi-e port (in which a tv card used to be)

A 600 Watt PSU by ace

A hdmi leading from the gtx580 to an external monitor

My issue is:

When I try to start windows without DIY setup I get a black screen with the egpu plugged in, it shows on the monitor for a few seconds until past the windows logo, then my pc screen and the external monitor turn black, no matter what combination of delays I use on the PE4C, or what stage of boot I plug in the PE4C, even from sleep or from pausing bootup with F8.

When I try to start DIY eGPU setup, it stays on the external monitor, but, I cannot get into the Menu option, it gives me the following error:

“[ichip]Uknown intel chipset found. Update R:\core\intel.txt includingversion with your chipset info, run `ichip clear` to clear variablesthen run `ichip` to confirm your chipset is found.

iportfunctionality is disabled for now.”

So I cannot seem to get into the menu based option to make a difference because of that error.

Also FYI: [DOS prompt] C:\setpci -s 0:1f.0 2.w Returned > 1C5C

ANY help would be appreciated, thank you.

Please email me for assistance http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-a.html

Tech Inferno Fan said:

Hello TI Fan,

Thank you for replying.

But I thought, would it not be a good idea to discuss and post it here? So anyone else with the same issue can SEE a solution? As I probably wouldn't need to ask now, as there has been a similar question like this in the past (forums generally work well like that!)

Hi i have tried with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit and am currently getting tons of issues i did not have with Windows 7. The first being when trying the DSDT override. In windows 7 i did this without much trouble and used Setup 1.3 to start but when trying the same setup i cannot get the DSDT override to complete giving me the Large Memory section. If anyone else has got their setup working in Windows 10 i would love to hear how to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.