Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Could u shortly list all parts u ordered again so i can order them now? So i have them when ur finished ur guide? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Could u shortly list all parts u ordered again so i can order them now? So i have them when ur finished ur guide? Thanks

Oh I saw ur guide recently so ignore this post! I will order them today thanks !

i have hp pavillion dm4 beats audio

i want to know if i can run a egpu on my laptop ???

i have a insyde bios

version : F.0B

i have a 2 mcie slots one is free and the other has the wifi card in it ......

i want to know is egpu is possible on my laptop using this

[h=1]EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock[/h]

Dear Nando

I'm not absolutely certain if you want comprehensive support-questions like this in this thread, and if you don't, I'm ready to comply.

My issue is a very persistent error 12 that, by all I know, shouldn't be there at all, but nonetheless decisively refuses to disappear, no matter what I try. I'm going to give you a quick overview of the current state of affairs, that I will expand on demand.

The system in question is as follows:

– Alienware m17x R3; Win7 Home Premium

– 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge Chipset (HM67 with i7-2760QM)

– Has an Intel iGPU (HD Graphics 3000).

– Had an ATI dGPU, which I physically removed (HD 6990M).

– I'm using a BPlus PE4C V1.2 (mPCIe) with an NVidia GeForce 210 (also tested to no avail with an NVidia GeForce GTS 450 and an ATI Radeon HD 3870x2).

– TOLUD is 2.49 GB as read out by Setup 1.3.

Now this is what I already did (not necessarily in this order; and in varying combinations with several windows reinstalls in between):

• Removed dGPU to free up PCI allocation space and prevent compatibility-complications (also removed drivers with dedicated software).

• More or less successfully did a DSDT-Override (Large Memory appeared, but the eGPU problems got even worse with new freezes and BSODs during boot, so I reset the system a little later. Maybe I damaged something while fixing the compiler errors.)

• Tried to introduce/hotplug the eGPU at different moments:
    • Before powering on the Laptop
    • During Win7 bootscreen
    • During standby mode
    • While in Setup 1.3

But the laptop doesn’t register the eGPU at all if it isn‘t already connected at startup. Not even Setup 1.3‘s would notice it otherwise.

• Used Setup 1.3 for multiple 32-bit (and 36-bit) PCI-compactions, of which only those worked that used the iGPU and eGPU or less as scope. (I also tried different 36-bit compactions while the DSDT-override was still active, but Win7’s boot froze or BSODd in any of those scenarios.)

• Probably unnecessarily manually allocated the I/O port of the eGPU via Setup 1.3 (refering to T10 of your troubleshooting FAQ). Though I don't know with certainty how to find out if the I/O port allocated by windows actually differs from the one allocated by Setup 1.3, and I generally don't quite know how all this addressing-business works.

• I also tried a lot of other small stuff that I don’t remember anymore.

Still, after all this – error 12 in all cases. I’m almost at my wits end now, having tried pretty much everything the internet seems to have to offer on this matter; even though error 12 shouldn’t have occurred in the first place, with my TOLUD being well in the acceptable range (plus the address-space being freed up by the removed dGPU; and the laptop even has unused RAM upgrade capabilities, which, as far as I know, should translate into even more free address-space).

Now I wonder if you see something essential that I forgot to try, or if you, who in contrary to me knows what he is talking about and has tons of experience in this field, may have some further ideas to takle that error 12.

=> If needed I will readily provide further information.

Now I wonder if you see something essential that I forgot to try, or if you, who in contrary to me knows what he is talking about and has tons of experience in this field, may have some further ideas to takle that error 12.

=> If needed I will readily provide further information.

Please run Save Diags->compact_fails in Setup 1.30. Reboot to Windows, run c:\eGPU\eGPU-setup-mount (as admin) to get V: drive. Winzip/winrar the v:\diag folder, upload to mediafire.com and email me the link.

Tech Inferno Fan I donated for setup 1.3. When will you send it?

It was sent through paypal by "[email protected]" 2 days ago.

My current setup is stuck with error 12 and the other methods do not work so this is my last resort. Hope to see your email soon!

Tech Inferno Fan I donated for setup 1.3. When will you send it?

It was sent through paypal by "[email protected]" 2 days ago.

My current setup is stuck with error 12 and the other methods do not work so this is my last resort. Hope to see your email soon!

A reply was sent 2 days ago. Please check your email's SPAM folder.

A reply was sent 2 days ago. Please check your email's SPAM folder.

Sorry, but I have checked both my mail and spam folder for the past 2 days waiting for it. I have also checked my trash to see if I accidentally deleted it. There have been no signs of an email or reply from you.

Edit: Thanks for resending it. Not sure if it was a problem from my end or yours.

Sorry, but I have checked both my mail and spam folder for the past 2 days waiting for it. I have also checked my trash to see if I accidentally deleted it. There have been no signs of an email or reply from you.

My bad. Please check your INBOX and SPAM folder now.

Thank you @timohour.

@Tech Inferno Fan did mention something in the 2570p thread why the GTX970 was underwhelming in performance compared to the GTX770.

Not sure what you are referring to there @badbadbad. A GTX970 is certainly a worthwhile performance upgrade from a GTX770. Impressive given they both run at around the 220W TDP mark in overclocked form.

Regarding GTX770 working better than GTX 970, I meant the PCIe allocation of the GTX770 allowed PnP on the 2570P without modification. Sorry about the confusion.

http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge-101.html#post120247

GTX970/80 cards require a contiguous 256MB block for PCIe allocation making them no longer PNP on a 2570P. When I tested a AMD card on a 2570P I required both a DSDT override AND Setup 1.30 to get it to work.

In comparison, GTX7xx/GTX6xx cards require 128MB+32MB+16MB and so have been found to work in a PnP manner with the 2570P's default bios-allocated PCIe config space.

Consider this as well as the performance ranking below before you jump for a GTX960. GTX680/770 can be had for low $$ as secondhand ebay units.

GTX760 < GTX670 < GTX960 < GTX680 < GTX770 < GTX780 < GTX970 < GTX780Ti < GTX980

@Tech Inferno Fan, I edited the original post so you can do some mod magic. Sorry about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I looked through the pages again, and I guess I didn't mean performance but rather the setup. Sorry about that. :baffle:

http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge-101.html#post120247

Yes, GTX770 is PnP on a 2570P but a GTX960+ is not (requires DSDT override) due to the larger PCIe config space requirements. Neither should be problematic on a Dell E6430 given it's possible to lower TOLUD if necesssary with a simple UEFI variable modification on this platform.

After tinkering with Setup 1.30 for the past 2 days, I have found that my eGPU isn't detected when I run Setup 1.3 now. When I go into Windows 7, it isn't even detected there anymore even after disabling my dGPU & uninstalling it.

I have tried:

-Suggested steps Setup 1.30 gives in failure to detect eGPU

-Disable -> Uninstall dGPU & reboot

Specs:

NB: MSI GE60 0NC

Adapter: PE4C v3.0 mPCIE

iGPU: Intel HD 4000

dGPU: GeForce GT 650M

eGPU: MSI GTX 970

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 (probably overkill, but I ordered a 750W one and they shipped this one instead so I got lucky)

Other Problems:

-After disabling and uninstalling my dGPU, my reboot automatically reinstalls the software/drivers for the dGPU. Possible fix would be in a flashed BIOS? I have looked into flashed BIOS for GE60 0NC, but the only one that came up was Prema's OC BIOS. Would that BIOS be sufficient?

-eGPU not detected in Windows 7 anymore. Before I had Setup 1.30, it would appear in my Device Manager with either Error 12 or 43, but now it doesn't even exist.

-eGPU only turns on during black screens or after putting my laptop to sleep and loading up windows again. Is this a common occurrence? My current delay switch setup on my PE4C v3.0 is set to SW1: 2 and SW2: 2 because the eGPU doesn't turn on when they are set to 1 or 3.

Current Steps Done:

-DSDT Override successful

After tinkering with Setup 1.30 for the past 2 days, I have found that my eGPU isn't detected when I run Setup 1.3 now. When I go into Windows 7, it isn't even detected there anymore even after disabling my dGPU & uninstalling it.

I have tried:

-Suggested steps Setup 1.30 gives in failure to detect eGPU

-Disable -> Uninstall dGPU & reboot

Specs:

NB: MSI GE60 0NC

Adapter: PE4C v3.0 mPCIE

iGPU: Intel HD 4000

dGPU: GeForce GT 650M

eGPU: MSI GTX 970

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 (probably overkill, but I ordered a 750W one and they shipped this one instead so I got lucky)

Other Problems:

-After disabling and uninstalling my dGPU, my reboot automatically reinstalls the software/drivers for the dGPU. Possible fix would be in a flashed BIOS? I have looked into flashed BIOS for GE60 0NC, but the only one that came up was Prema's OC BIOS. Would that BIOS be sufficient?

-eGPU not detected in Windows 7 anymore. Before I had Setup 1.30, it would appear in my Device Manager with either Error 12 or 43, but now it doesn't even exist.

-eGPU only turns on during black screens or after putting my laptop to sleep and loading up windows again. Is this a common occurrence? My current delay switch setup on my PE4C v3.0 is set to SW1: 2 and SW2: 2 because the eGPU doesn't turn on when they are set to 1 or 3.

Current Steps Done:

-DSDT Override successful

Please email me to do Setup 1.30 troubleshooting.

Hi,

I have 2015 15" MBP Intel Iris with GTX970-AKiTiO T2 eGPU. Everything was working fine with Windows 8.1 64 bit in Optimus mode (Used the guide published here in the forum) with nVidia driver 353.30 64 bit.

Installed latest Windows 10 RTM 10240 with updated nVidia driver for Windows 10 353.30 64 bit. Having lots of problems enabling the eGPU in Optimus mode. Windows usually get stuck (BSOD) on startup. When hot plugging the eGPU, its being discovered by the system. Looking fine in device manager and nVidia control panel. However, when running a game, Intel Iris is used instead for rendering the game, giving an expected low FPS. I tried to play with nVidia control panel forcing gtx970. Reinstalled the System and drivers for couple of times but it didn't help. Unfortunately I can't roll back to Windows 8.1 because I already tried to reinstall Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.