Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Your system uses a 30pin eDP connector. The links you posted are OK. This one comes recommended too: N140HGE-EAA Replacement Laptop LCD Screen From $59.99 Brand-new screens.

Similar question - only I have an E7240 (12.5") laptop. Currently with a 1366x768 resolution. I badly want to swap out the screen for a 1080. However when looking at replacement screens online, the low res uses a 30 pin, the high res a 40 pin. Am I hosed? The motherboard changes depending on the screen resolution?

I'm not interested in touch - if that matters. Current machine doesn't have it. Running Windows 7 (corporate machine - IT tells me there are scaling issues with 1080, so they are not willing to deploy until the move to Windows 10 - feel like I'm working in the 1990's! Probably some obscure mainframe access application a few people use are stunting the technology for thousands!). So I'm willing to go rogue and upgrade myself - if I can.

Screen for Dell LATITUDE E7240. Replacement Laptop LCD Screens

i recently ordered a Gigabyte GTX 970 to use as an EGPU.

I connected the GPU to the pe4h. Plugged in the EC2C to my Sonnet thunderbolt to expressCard adapter (the Pro version, PCI-Express 2.0 compatible) and via the minihdmi cable of the EC2C connected it to the PE4H.Then connected the thunderbolt cable from my macbook pro to the Sonnet adapter.Plugged in the extra PCi-E power cable that the GPU needs.Turned on and the card worked fine. The fans spin and the led lights up but there is no signal on the external monitor. In the control panel it only shows that i have one display which is the internal display of the laptop itself. Please help :D

Specs:

Macbook Pro mid 2012(thunderbolt v1. @10gbps)

DVI monitor

PE4H-EC2C

power supply

Sonnet thunderbolt to expressCard adapter

Problem:

No signal on both windows and mac os.

I would like to report that i have succesfully implemented two pm3n adapters with the pe4h adpater connected with gtx 260 gpu. I have a T400 also but only with intel 4500mhd, no switchable graphics.

I performed a x2e connection, where the connection is established with pcie port 1 and 2, and the GPU-Z reports that I have a x2 connection. But the problem is I can´t get the optimus option to work with my egpu and igpu, even with a succesfull igpu + egpu 32 bit compaction, I even tried 36 bit compaction, forcing the igpu to 36 bit space and forcing igpu + egpu to 32bit space but nothing. I even tried 260, 275, 290, 295, and 306 drivers you mentioned, even with registry modifications to nvinitx, which was no where to be found in the path, so i also extracted te nvinitx.dl_ file to nvinitx.dll file and placed accordingly to the specified path in the reg key, but no results.

I am running 64 bit version of Windows 7, with 2gb ram and p8600 core duo processor.

Is it that the optimus option is limited to the x1 connection, or the expresscard adapter (but that is still a x1 connection)? Or am I doing something wrong?

It would be really appreciated if there is a solution to get optimus working with a x2E connection, and will make a detailed guide of achieving such performance, but please help.

I performed a x2e connection, where the connection is established with pcie port 1 and 2, and the GPU-Z reports that I have a x2 connection. But the problem is I can´t get the optimus option to work with my egpu and igpu, even with a succesfull igpu + egpu 32 bit compaction, I even tried 36 bit compaction, forcing the igpu to 36 bit space and forcing igpu + egpu to 32bit space but nothing. I even tried 260, 275, 290, 295, and 306 drivers you mentioned, even with registry modifications to nvinitx, which was no where to be found in the path, so i also extracted te nvinitx.dl_ file to nvinitx.dll file and placed accordingly to the specified path in the reg key, but no results.

Also tried nvidiaInspector, in the edit table of the drivers, I enabled the optimus rendering (shim renedering) but no results.

I am running 64 bit version of Windows 7, with 2gb ram and t8400 core duo processor.

Is it that the optimus option is limited to the x1 connection, or the expresscard adapter (but that is still a x1 connection)? Or am I doing something wrong?

It would be really appreciated if there is a solution to get optimus working with a x2E connection, and will make a detailed guide of achieving such performance, but please help.

I know, but I don't have the tools nor the time to mod the AKITIO unit, so it's worth the extra 110$ for me. My question is: if I get a more powerful PSU, would I be able to use a more power consuming graphics card without risking breaking any components in the Helios?

I know, but I don't have the tools nor the time to mod the AKITIO unit, so it's worth the extra 110$ for me. My question is: if I get a more powerful PSU, would I be able to use a more power consuming graphics card without risking breaking any components in the Helios?

The Helios Mercury, like the AKiTiO Thunder2, has a 25W slot rating rather than the 75W per PCIe spec. We've had users run more power but it's at their own risk. To be guaranteed 75W to the slot, consider using a powered PCIe riser or mod the AKiTiO/OWC unit as shown to provide a direct 12V pathway to the slot: http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7205-us%24189-akitio-thunder2-pcie-box-16gbps-tb2-98.html#post122901 .

The OWC's 100W (versus say 40W of the AKiTiO) rating means that with the above mod, means the OWC unit could run a GTX750Ti video card with the supplied AC unit, but the AKiTiO could not. The $110 stretch for the OWC unit for that additional functionality is hardly worth it. Can get a much better ATX PSU to accompany the AKiTiO for less, which can then be paired with higher performance video cards, eg: EVGA GTX970 SSC.

Thanks for clarifying. Since I have to mod the enclosure no matter what, eGPU seems to be a no-go for me.

Per my previous post, you can use a powered PCIe riser to get 75W slot power where no enclosure mod is necessary. See the examples at the next URL with the "+ riser" in the enclosure/adapter field. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#Thunderbolt.

You'd also need to isolate the first three pins on both sides of the riser like shown, create a molex-to-barrel adapter: http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/8317-%5Bguide%5D-making-molex-barrel-adapter.html to power the AKiTiO/OWC unit, attach your ATX PSU which then drives the AKiTiO and slot. Attach any PCIe power connectors on the video card to the ATX PSU.

Such a solution working within the spec of all contained componentry.

I also have the Fujitsu T901, and I'm considering an eGPU setup for a 4k tv. I'm wondering what framerate I can get out of it, I would be very happy with 30 FPS, as I'm just looking to use the 4k resolution for programming and productivity. Is this possible at Gen2 speeds?

Nando and other Hi, I have in mbr relaunch my system is a recognized is now without problems in the software only my adapter does not and the corresponding graphics card at the beginning, it was found, in fact, but not now, in another laptop, but it easily detected before I've changed my system to mbr was the adapter and recognized the graphics card now no longer ...

Hi, the first step was the right and the EGPU was recognized and I was on the settings in win8 boot than I but I was in the device manger looked only displayed iGPU was dGPU also disabled and is EGPU not show up in device-manger to boot the first time but were all showing 3 gpu I've got just what eingestelllt wrong in the startup.datei ?!

My GPU was running hot because my Sound Card was blokking it's Fan.

Any other placement (pci-e slot) resulted in reduced Graphics, or no sound . . .

Running:

Motherboard:

-MSI 975x Platinum Powerup Edition

CPU:

-Intel E6600

Memory:

-Kingston HyperX pc6400 2Gb 800MHz x2, makes 8

GPU:

-Asus en9800GT 512Mb

Soundcard:

-Asus Essence STX II 7.1

Problem solved by moving the Soundcard with a Pci-e 1x to 16x - USB 3.0 riser cable, which has an extra molex to get it's power directly from the PSU.

And installed an aftermarket Cooling from Arctic, called Accelero X1.

This was only by resoldering one knobby component from the bottom of the Card, to the Top, and using the original fanplug from Asus on the Arctic Cooler, so had 2 Soldering job,two little pins were in the way, just bend them down, Job done

result :

-before . . . idle 70'C . . . under load . . . 100'C

-after . . . idle 40'C . . . under Load . . . 70'C

When i load up DIY eGPU setup at startup i get this error:

"UEFI ERROR: No/config.bin/uefi.img or /config.bin/uefi.iso found. Please add one of these to your setup 1.x USB or disk image"

What does that mean and how do I fix this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.