Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi,

I am really in a dilemma here. My only motive for the Egpu is to play pc games only on the MAC BOOK'S internal display with retina resolution and ultra settings.

I have read that gtx 970 is capable of playing games at 2560x1440p with decent FPS. so what should i buy for my egpu built. is GTX 970 would be enough powerful to let me play "Latest Games" like FarCry 4 at native "Retina Resolution" with "Ultra" (maxed out) settings. if you have any egpu setup with akitio and gtx 970, would you please show me the benchmarks of your system using "Optimus internal screen at 2560x1600 or retina resolution". i would really appreciate it if any of you can provide different benchmarks at 2560x1600 resolution.

"FYI: I have 2014 retina macbook pro 15.4" iris only with 2 GHz cpu (3.2 GHz Turbo) and akitio thunder 2 pcie box"

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Hi,

I am really in a dilemma here. My only motive for the Egpu is to play pc games only on the MAC BOOK'S internal display with retina resolution and ultra settings.

I have read that gtx 970 is capable of playing games at 2560x1440p with decent FPS. so what should i buy for my egpu built. is GTX 970 would be enough powerful to let me play "Latest Games" like FarCry 4 at native "Retina Resolution" with "Ultra" (maxed out) settings. if you have any egpu setup with akitio and gtx 970, would you please show me the benchmarks of your system using "Optimus internal screen at 2560x1600 or retina resolution". i would really appreciate it if any of you can provide different benchmarks at 2560x1600 resolution.

"FYI: I have 2014 retina macbook pro 15.4" iris only with 2 GHz cpu (3.2 GHz Turbo) and akitio thunder 2 pcie box"

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Hello guys

I have a 2013 MBP with iris hd and the 750m gt... i made it work so far that it just haves error 12 (took me a week -.- ). has some of you found out how to make it work? i cant enable the iGPU (it sais i cant with chipset 6+) or disable the dGpu (freezes). but it detects the gtx 970 in the 1.3 setup and on windows. i think my mistake is the code i copied in the pci.bat file and the startup file. is there a new version of that code for my macbook already?

thanks for all kind of help <3

Hey tre87. did you have the error 12? i try my gtx 970 on my mbp iris hd and 750m gt. i allways get error 12. did you do something with de diy setup?

Hi Akkarin, I haven't had any error 12. Where does this error show/occur? In Windows/OS X and what does it do? Can you post a screenshot and full info about your setup?

Yeah internal screen is a bit low compared with external display. This time score is 9225 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-2415M Processor,Apple Inc. Mac-94245B3640C91C81

Hi.

I have the exact same setup but somehow it's only working on my Yosemite. I use the Palit GTX 970.

I'm unable to get neither of the internal display nor the external display to work with the GTX 970 plugged in after installing the NVIDIA Driver.

I installed the NVIDIA driver using my internal display (the external display receives no signal from the start). My eGPU was obviously detected when I install the driver.

After installing the driver, both displays just boot to a black screen when I boot into Windows.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? I have tried reinstalling Windows 5-6 times already.

Thank you

Good evening. Is Tech Inferno Fan email adress in top of the thread available for discuss or is it just for sending money via paypal?. I wrote to you several times to help me get the setup , but it seems the messages are not sent. Can you please help me?

Respect.

[h=2]EGPU recognized only when external monitor is set as primary[/h]

Hey tech inferno. I have been having a lot of trouble with my gtx 760/sonnet SEL/13" late 2013 rMBP. I have successfully gotten it to work on windows 10 using the optimus script. On OSX10.10.1 it only works when i have an external
set as primary. When i go to about this mac with the external
as primary, it shows my gtx 760. But when i set my internal monitor as primary, it says it is set on
Iris. What do I need to do? Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.