Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi i have a Problem to configure the eGPU with my HP DV-6 6001sg.

Specs: i7 2630qm, dGPU- HD6770M, for testing eGPU- GTX8800Ultra, 8GB, WIN8.1(64bit) and DIY-Setpu 1.30

I have the PE4C V1.2 - Adaptert connected via Mini-PCI-E in my Wlancard-Slot.

Windows detect and installed the eGPU at Device Manger and the Nvidea-Driver correctly. But after Reboot, with the Settings.

dGPU off, Initialize eGPU, Reporting to 32Bit (testet already with 36bit and the other Modes) and Startbat -Test, comes only a black Screen and when i move my Mouse, the Cursor appears briefly.

I have the same on eGPU DVI output.

Thank you, sorry for my bad english

Hey guys, do you know how to unlock the tdp(go beyond 47W and 58.75W) in M6800? I have a 4800MQ, and I unlocked all the values that I known(related to power, tdp, current, etc) in NVRAM, and set Turbo Boost Power Max(160W) in XTU, but it doesn't work, even though I set it in NVRAM(Cpu Power Limit1, Cpu Power Limit2, Cpu Power Limit3 as 160W). The highest TDP I can get it is still 58.75W, then after about half a minute, the tdp will drop back to 47W. My current setting is voltage offset -93mv(38,37,36,36), 4 cores at 3.6GHZ for half a minutes. I am thinking how to have 4 cores at 3.8 or 3.9 GHZ.

@garytyler , would you mind listing your GTX780 brand/details? There is interest identifying which cards work without the need for a PCIe riser, hence fits straight into the chassis.

Well sort of. Your GTX780 is too long for the chassis so you say you've bent the Thunder2.

Would you mind taking some photos of that and your complete build build, inc the power rating of the AC adapter supplied with the Thunder2 as well as shown how the Thunder2 case was bent? Doing so would bring it to life and help others contemplating doing the same :)

Your efforts investigating bootcamp may have a future application if the need arises. Consider you could have a dual-boot boot system with Windows being also available to do CUDA based app acceleration.

hi guys, just wondering if its possible if i can turn on my computer and boot into windows using egpu automatically without going into setup 1.30... Or is that impossible

Added a new section explaining how to do this titled How to do an uninterrupted Setup 1.30 [disk image] boot into Windows? It is available for perusal at the bottom of http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-a.html#post27337

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for a quick reply Nando4

What is the x27 TDP Throttling?

Also is applying my i7 2670 a plug and play for hp 2570p or do i have to modify the bios or something?

I am more into 2570p as i need the native support for usb 3.0 and also i can save the express slot for wither the egpu or for more usb 3.0 ports.

Also i have an intel 6250 that wifi and wimax card. Is that a whitelist card or not?

Thanks for ur help once again

Hey all, I need a little help with my eGPU setup.

I have the following system:

- Macbook Pro 15" 2012 w/ 650m

- AKITIO Thunder 2

- Nvidia 970 GTX

- 750W Seasonic PSU

I have managed to get everything working under Yosemite, however I am struggling to get the setup working under Windows 8.1. If plug everything in, turn it on and boot straight to windows, the video card shows up in device manager but has the following error:

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)

Has anyone seen this error before or have any idea what to do about it? I've also tried using eGPU Setup Tools 1.3 to get things working. That doesn't help much: I've tried all the compaction configurations and the best I've managed to get is it booting into Windows, but without the 970 GTX showing up at all. Interestingly, the eGPU Setup Tools menu runs off the external video card (i.e. through my external monitor), and only switches back to the internal display once I'm in Windows.

Importantly, this is not a UEFI installation of Windows 8.1. I did try that initially, and actually got the eGPU working at one point in time (after a whole bunch of messing around). However, I was playing around with something else and messed up the Windows 8.1 installation, so I decided to do a fresh install. After re-installing, I could not get the eGPU to work again no matter how much I tried. The best I got was the card showing up as an Unknown Device but with the exact same Code 35 error message I've copied above.

So in short, does anyone have any idea what Code 35 is about? And does anyone know of a successful eGPU setup with hardware similar to mine?

Thanks heaps.

post-31602-14494998866128_thumb.jpg

What is this part right here may I ask? So I have a 2011 MBP Sandy Bridge and a Sapphire HD7950 3GB, I just need Akitio Box and x16 riser and a power supply to make an eGPU? I tried to search how to connect PSU to Akitio but no luck. Where can I find this guide? Please let me know. Thank you

Here you go:

Would you mind adding these pics to complete your thread at http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides/7879-%5Bguide%5D-2013-13-macbook-pro-gtx970%4016gbps-tb2-akitio-thunder2-win8-1-osx10-10-a.html#post107838 . I've attempted to edit them in but seems they don't preview unless added by the attachment owner.

@Dschijn , there's a bit of discussion about Optimus internal LCD mode not working for you. Did you apply Evo's guide to get it all sorted: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/8106-%5Bwip%5D-2013-15-macbook-pro-iris-gtx970%4016gbps-tb2-akitio-thunder2-win8-1-osx10.html#post110489 or was it the EVGA GTX970's unique delayed power on that did it? Would you like to integrate what was necessary to get internal LCD mode sorted into the opening post? There's mention of it not working, then there's benchmarks of it working. Would be confusing for the casual reader.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13300[/ATTACH]

What is this part right here may I ask? So I have a 2011 MBP Sandy Bridge and a Sapphire HD7950 3GB, I just need Akitio Box and x16 riser and a power supply to make an eGPU? I tried to search how to connect PSU to Akitio but no luck. Where can I find this guide? Please let me know. Thank you

http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/8441-%5Bguide%5D-switching-atx-psu-using-paperclip-trick-swex.html#post115323

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.