[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

2 hours ago, HaloTechnology said:

no It didnt work in safe mode I got " Unable to start service :( this of course while I was in safe mode 

BIOS Full UEFI? latest Prema's modded nvflash (included) should work fine in safe mode.

@haXBOXpro

• Thumbs Up 2

On 26/5/2016 at 10:41 PM, J95 said:

GTX 1080 368.25 (r368_20-5).

Best driver since v350.12 (Modded)...delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  >>flash  @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

368.25_.PNG

PEG MOD v368.25 900M (instructions above).

GeForce 368.25 Win7/8.1

GeForce 368.25 Win10

Alienware

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

Clevo Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Clevo_Laptops.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Clevo_Laptops.zip

Feedback appreciated!

@mariussx, , @Infini, @N!IGHTHAWK!, @tony7755333, @Nikos4Life, @Solo wing,

Sorry, I've been out for a while, I am downloading the latest driver and I will report ASAP. :=) 

Thanks for keeping up with your mods.  

BRB

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nikos4Life said:

haha sorry I thought it would not matter if I directly tried the last version but if you like, I can test the 368.25 as well. Jus let me know :)

Just delete the proper folders before installing, avoid GFE at all costs...17k...:) 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2016 at 7:53 PM, Nikos4Life said:

Is it safe to install 364.72? Thanks @J95:) I'll be back soon to the arena, I am all the way focus on my master degree final project, but I will be back :D

i would also like to know if 364.72 is safe on windows 10. i am currently running the older 352.84 peg mod but have heard rumors of the newer drives nvidia put out burning out machines.

just wondering why should we avoid gfe?

On 6/10/2016 at 2:57 AM, J95 said:

BIOS Full UEFI? latest Prema's modded nvflash (included) should work fine in safe mode.

@J95I tried man same thing in safe I get Unable to start service  0x0000043 ?

Is it because I have secure boot on ? I choose number 6 "Enable Safe mode" is it the correct option ? 

This image below is when I tried in not in safe mode but with dedicated more  

Screenshot (393).png

23 hours ago, Kenter said:

i would also like to know if 364.72 is safe on windows 10. i am currently running the older 352.84 peg mod but have heard rumors of the newer drives nvidia put out burning out machines.

just wondering why should we avoid gfe?

Just don't install precisionx, try out 368.33. >>Throttling workaround<<

GFE is buggy as hell.

9 hours ago, HaloTechnology said:

@J95I tried man same thing in safe I get Unable to start service  0x0000043 ?

Is it because I have secure boot on ? I choose number 6 "Enable Safe mode" is it the correct option ? 

This image below is when I tried in not in safe mode but with dedicated more  

Screenshot (393).png

.......:) disable secure boot and keep it disabled, incl fast boot...;)

On 5/26/2016 at 4:41 PM, J95 said:

Best driver since v350.12 (Modded)...delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  >>flash  @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

Feedback appreciated!

Cheers mate, I don't know what Nvidia did this time but for me it's the best driver for my setup. Better than 352.84.
OC'ing is more stable with this driver, temps are ~2°C cooler.
Also both CPU/GPU fans quit on me, waiting for replacement :yawn: 

Edited by Solo wing
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, J95 said:

Just don't install precisionx, try out 368.33. >>Throttling workaround<<

GFE is buggy as hell.

.......:) disable secure boot and keep it disabled, incl fast boot...;)

I didn't work man I feel ashamed taking so much of your time :(@J95

In safe mode I still get unable to start service no matter what I do .

and again everything else Board ID mismatch :( 

Hi @Prema

Was pointed your way by @J95 I have already upgraded the drivers thanks to @J95 but now want to update vbios as I get a bit of throttling, I am running an Alienware M18x R2 with 2 x GTX970M cards. I am a complete noob about this stuff. Can you give me a heads up on what bios file I need and how to do it please

setup.gif

I really need to be promoted to download the Prema's V2. I been requested it and still nothing after months. I made the post requirements are is a donation required now to be able to download?

Wow scratch this post. After posting I looked and saw I was promoted. Tried downloading prior and said I wasn't. 

Edited by momulah

On 6/19/2016 at 10:04 AM, momulah said:

I really need to be promoted to download the Prema's V2. I been requested it and still nothing after months. I made the post requirements are is a donation required now to be able to download?

Wow scratch this post. After posting I looked and saw I was promoted. Tried downloading prior and said I wasn't. 

you don't, they're on their website!

On 5/26/2016 at 4:41 PM, J95 said:

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

368.25_.PNG

PEG MOD v368.25 900M (instructions above).

GeForce 368.25 Win7/8.1

GeForce 368.25 Win10

Alienware

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

Clevo Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Clevo_Laptops.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Clevo_Laptops.zip

Feedback appreciated!

Hello all i just want to start with you guys are all awesome and have helped me with a ton since i started my journey into alienware notebooks. I was directed here by @Mr. Fox to try and fix some issues im having in windows 10 with low usage.

ok since this is different than im used to modifying video drivers i have to go full noob on you guys i apologize i just want to make sure i have it right

-i download the video driver from this list then run it.

-than go into the driver folder and delete all the folder EXCEPT what you are showing here 

-download the nv_display.inf file you have above and replace the one thats inside the display.driver folder 

-run the setup.exe / custum / clean install 

-enjoy

im running on the A12 bios its not unlocked 

and im running a 780m SLi

there is no modded needed for the nvdmi.inf anymore with this method? and i read that is a gtx 1080 desktop driver? is there any compatibility issues with this method since its not a mobile graphics driver? again sorry for the noob questions its just different then what i have been doing for the last few years.

2 hours ago, djcgeez2189 said:

Hello all i just want to start with you guys are all awesome and have helped me with a ton since i started my journey into alienware notebooks. I was directed here by @Mr. Fox to try and fix some issues im having in windows 10 with low usage.

ok since this is different than im used to modifying video drivers i have to go full noob on you guys i apologize i just want to make sure i have it right

-i download the video driver from this list then run it.

-than go into the driver folder and delete all the folder EXCEPT what you are showing here 

-download the nv_display.inf file you have above and replace the one thats inside the display.driver folder 

-run the setup.exe / custum / clean install 

-enjoy

im running on the A12 bios its not unlocked 

and im running a 780m SLi

there is no modded needed for the nvdmi.inf anymore with this method? and i read that is a gtx 1080 desktop driver? is there any compatibility issues with this method since its not a mobile graphics driver? again sorry for the noob questions its just different then what i have been doing for the last few years.

I see you found it. I sent you a message with more detail. The INF is already modded for you. It's more of a mod than just your hardware ID. @J95 did some magic stuff to help stop the nonsense Alienware has developed a reputation for, and fixed some of NVIDIA's cancer crap. 

Sister @BigBr0ski was having troubles very similar to yours and this driver mod cured all of her woes, or so it seems. You might want to look into using this new unlocked BIOS. The stock locked BIOS is trash. I had it on my M18xR2 before I sold it to the guy that developed the new mod and a lot of people are very pleased with it.

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I see you found it. I sent you a message with more detail. The INF is already modded for you. It's more of a mod than just your hardware ID. @J95 did some magic stuff to help stop the nonsense Alienware has developed a reputation for, and fixed some of NVIDIA's cancer crap. 

Sister @BigBr0ski was having troubles very similar to yours and this driver mod cured all of her woes, or so it seems. You might want to look into using this new unlocked BIOS. The stock locked BIOS is trash. I had it on my M18xR2 before I sold it to the guy that developed the new mod and a lot of people are very pleased with it.

ahhh yes yes i have swicks unlocked a12 bios i just dont know how to install it. i get nervous when it comes to bios mods because of how much momney i have put into my r2 buying a new MOBO is not on the list of future upgrades lol. i would be willing to try it if you can direct me how to flash the bios would be great as a long as its in laymans terms because ive never done anything like that before i just use the ones from dell because it pretty much does the work for you 

• J95 pinned this topic