[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

On 1/7/2016 at 11:40 PM, Khenglish said:

361.43 drivers are the latest and fastest, but some people have issues with them. The older 359.06 driver tends to more consistently work for people. I'd try the 361 driver, and if it does not work right then try the 359.

Also type with proper spelling. If you don't put in the time to ask your question, then people won't put in the time to give you an answer.

I am sorry for my bad spelling trying to do too many things at once. i have tried stock drivers, the 361.43 drivers and i get the "not compatible hardware error. My hardware id is the 05ad1028&REV_A1.

i am running windows 10 and i need a modded driver if i am correct and am a bit lost at what one i need.

On 1/8/2016 at 8:41 AM, syaiful7 said:

here some screenshot for my problem :dejection:

how can i pay to download modded driver ?

i dont have credit card, just cash :emptiness:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Wah...wah.... kasian nih orang Surabaya..... :D

1.Download DDU program first. There's a link on page 1.

2.AC Syndicate eh ? Mine's have no problem running it at 358.91 Version Driver. So, I suggest you download the same. Check Page 35 from the j95 Post for the link, or you can search on google or at the nvidia site and download the driver based on the OS that you're using.

3.Still on that page 35, Download either the nv_dispi.inf OR nvcvi.inf depends on the Alienware model and GPU that you're using.

4. After everything has been downloaded, just follow the instruction on page 1.

On 9/1/2016 at 10:38 PM, B4n6k3 said:

Wah...wah.... kasian nih orang Surabaya..... :D

1.Download DDU program first. There's a link on page 1.

2.AC Syndicate eh ? Mine's have no problem running it at 358.91 Version Driver. So, I suggest you download the same. Check Page 35 from the j95 Post for the link, or you can search on google or at the nvidia site and download the driver based on the OS that you're using.

3.Still on that page 35, Download either the nv_dispi.inf OR nvcvi.inf depends on the Alienware model and GPU that you're using.

4. After everything has been downloaded, just follow the instruction on page 1.

my apologize for my languange :)

i can't download .inf file because i'm newbie ....

here some notice :

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

i'm confuse , there are issue that driver after 353.xx cause corrupt lcd edid ... :dejection:

give me advice :) thanks ...

my rig is : Alienware M18x R1 Red Nebula .. windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Core i7 2670QM , Nvidia GTX 780m Dell ,SSD 128 kingstone

Mr. Fox Driver 347.25

Edited by syaiful7

got am M17XR3, Windows 10 and 680m installed. Trying to get latest 361.43 drivers but they fail at the first hurdle. Put the inf file in from laptops2go but get to the clean install option, it starts to install the drivers and then fails.

Edited by gogul1

Hi i need a driver and mod file for my GTX970 on a aw17 R1 running win 10. i already tried stock drivers and got the hardware not detected error.

here is my hardware id.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AD1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AD1028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&CC_0300

thank you.

12 hours ago, Kenter said:

Hi i need a driver and mod file for my GTX970 on a aw17 R1 running win 10. i already tried stock drivers and got the hardware not detected error.

here is my hardware id.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AD1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AD1028

thank you.

Do I need a hardware ID?

Gonna ask this but M18Xr2 and Windows 10: Whats the story on this, has anyone been 8 beeped since they narrowed down the EDID issue to the the EVGA precision software? My system is still under warrenty atm for another lil while though ive heard confusing reports about microsoft terminating windows 8.1 security patches as early as may. Finally with a lil help from Prema managed to get my system working fully stable with the semi newest drivers (most until now unstable since 350.12) but while I would like to use windows 10 out of consistency I wanna be at least reasonably sure that it doesnt brick on me outside my warrenty. My system initially had windows 10 installed until i rolled back due to instablility issues with nvidia drivers.

Also noticed this

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832

361.60 version drivers. Anyone tested these yet to see if they correct for the issues with the 980M's crashing that mrfox reported earlier?

Edited by Infini

Hi, all. I'm currently using a 980m in an M17X R4 (w/Premamod vbios, card from Lee James Wood / Woodzstack). In testing, it seems like J95's 353 driver is the last one that can staunch the throttle issues (via p-state matching).

Drivers like 358.50, 359.06/359.12 etc all seem to come with incurable radical throttling (dipping and often staying at 324mhz on the clock when load is somewhere beyond 90%).

Is this about the shape of things now? Also, has anyone heard of another vbios on the horizon?

Edited by Naberius

Hi all, just upgraded from an 860m 2GB to a 970m 6GB and not having much luck getting it to switch from onboard to the 970m. I've modified some drivers and so far the Optimus switching doesn't seem to be working properly.

I have the Prema vBios installed. The card fires up when I run 3Dmark and hits 1038MHz in P0 then over the next 30 seconds or so throttles back down to P8. It's done this since the install and nothing I've tried has fixed it.

Hardware IDs for the card is;

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_05AA1028

more than happy to post more information if needed, pulling my hair out at the moment :S

SOLVED: after a LOT of mucking about with drivers and modded files I think it was a failed install of Alienware's On-Screen Display. It wouldn't install or uninstall and kept giving me odd error codes. I manually cleaned all the entries from the registry by searching for "on-screen" and deleted folders or keys where necessary. After a reboot the software installed properly and now the benchmarks are looking goooood...

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/7101078/fs/7242613

Edited by SmellyLlama
solved

Just some additional feedback about the driver 359.00:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10321003?

This time it's in dedicated mode, trying to use the laptop in this mode exclusively to see if the screen gets EDID corruption without EVGA Precision X installed. Getting 120Hz screen delivered in a next few days, so I need to know if the new screen is going to be safe.

@J95 Are you able to share at all what mods you did to the 353.06 peg_mod driver? I'm wondering if the same mods can be applied to a more recent driver like 359.06 (and beyond). Your 353.06 driver seems to be the only one that I can use without the 980m's clock bottoming out to 324mhz (and staying bottomed out) when it hits P1 with a high GPU load.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:19 PM, Naberius said:

@J95 Are you able to share at all what mods you did to the 353.06 peg_mod driver? I'm wondering if the same mods can be applied to a more recent driver like 359.06 (and beyond). Your 353.06 driver seems to be the only one that I can use without the 980m's clock bottoming out to 324mhz (and staying bottomed out) when it hits P1 with a high GPU load.

Experienced the same thing when I was on Windows 8, 353.06 is the only driver that worked for me. Same thing can be said about driver 352.84 on Windows 10.

Hello all!

I am at my wits end and would appreciate some help. I have an M17x R4 running Windows 7. Recently my original card, a GTX 675m, died so I picked up a GTX 765m from Eurocom. I am now at a point, 5 hours later, with error code 43 in the device manager. I have driver 331.65 from the Dell website and tried modifying the nvdm.inf file myself but I think there is a fairly high chance I fudged up. Any ways I have found to fix code 43 result in this exact same scenario happening.

The ID for my device is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E1&SUBSYS_05511028&REV_A1

I understand I need to change something like "05AE" to "0551" for example but I'm not exactly sure which entries to change, or if I should make my own brand new entries. I am also confused by the "section" part of each line and am not sure what it should be set to for my card. Edit: I forgot to mention that I did change a line with 11E1 already in it, and only changed one line under the proper place for my OS along with the string at the bottom. I like to think I followed the instructions well but again, figuring out which entry to change or what the section part means is still a mystery and may be causing the code 43 error. Also, is the "&REV_A1" part important? Do I need to add that to the end of modified line as well?

I have read about unlocked BIOS versions and such but I'm afraid I have zero experience with this. Is it necessary to have an unlocked BIOS? I have version A12 currently. I have also read about vBIOS and things. It's all so confusing.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ChaosKitten666
added more details

On 12/26/2015 at 7:35 PM, erik500002 said:

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my AW17 R1 to a GTX 980m, unfortunately I'm not getting the performance that it should be getting. I had no trouble modifying the .inf for the driver installation, I even downloaded j95's modified inf's but that didn't help either. The only last thing I haven't tried is flashing the vbios with the Prema ones, but when I tried I got some BIOS CERT error. I've attached a screenshot with my current installation, I'm running win10 x64, and I have the latest dell bios installed. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!screenshot.thumb.jpg.efa12412b984d365701

Are you running in UEFI?

6 hours ago, aldarxt said:

Are you running in UEFI?

@nick81 @aldarxt
Thanks taking your time to reply. I was finally able to get it to work, for some reason there was a micro piece of dirt in the mxm slot and for that reason the card wasn't running at the full x16 interface. After doing some major dusting I was able to report complete x16 interface via gpu-z and therefore finally being able to get the correct performance from this card.

Edited by erik500002

On 1/25/2016 at 11:05 AM, huangsj said:

@j95

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Win7/8.1 - Latest profiles

Hi, I can't seem to find the link to download Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt or the task.xml files for the PEG MOD.

Can someone help me?

Thanks so much.

Sorry about that...all the links are messed up...new feature.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD Win 10 - Latest profiles

If you are having issues w/ 361.43  black screens, TDRs, BSODs...Nvidia's holyday gift, please revert to 359.06 or 359.12

Confirmed broken driver *361.43* AW/ 980M & 970M, under safe mode uninstall using DDU "Clean & Shutdown", reinstall  353.06 or 359.12

M18xR2, M17xR4 120Hz & AW17 120Hz install PEG MODs.

PEG MOD v352.84 Win 10 - Latest profiles

• Thumbs Up 1

On 06/03/2015 at 5:23 PM, J95 said:
mitya_alba said:
J95, what changed and what these mod nv_dispi.inf?

can do the mod. driver 349.65 for GTX 880M? Thank you.

Win10 TP driver. Install AW OSD then switch to dedicated mode and disable driver signing before installing drivers.

jjbettcher said:
Here's something I can't seem to figure out J95, I'm using your 347.52 Mod to do overclocking but I'm still using nvdmi.inf that I've had to mod myself to get my 980m to work.

Every driver I try doesn't seem to work with the nvdispi, or the other modded files you provide. My computer boots but it hangs shortly after boot, I have to quickly reboot with advanced options to get Safe mode to remove drivers.

I've had this problem with the modified BIOS for overclocking and without, doesn't seem to matter. Somewhere in there as well I lost the ability to switch from dedicated to Optimus so I've left the system in optimus. If I leave the system with NVidia drivers modified using nvdmi.inf my system runs stable and seems to benchmark fairly well. I just can't seem to wrap my head around what is hanging Windows, this is on a very fresh install as well. I wiped system because of this issue shortly after I received my card. Any magic or tips you can suggest?

It's an Alienware 17 (2014) with an HIDEvolution 980M, id is 05AA 1028

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14290[/ATTACH]

Changed a couple settings and just ran 11801. So obviously it's not doing too bad.

Uninstall drivers using DDU. Under Options, uncheck "AMD Audio BUS" (bug) then select "Clean and Shutdown" option . Extract NV v347.52 (stock INFs) copy/overwrite nvlddmkm.sy_, nvapi64.dl_, nvapi.dl_. Optimus, use nvcvi.inf instead.

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/9065-unlocking-overclocking-maxwell-900m-series.html

nvcvi.inf_v347.52_Optimus_AW_OCing_MOD.zip

nv_dispiwu.inf_v349.65_Win10TP_AW_GTX_980M_970M_880M_780M_680M.zip

Does this still work ?

Will this get/have windows 10 work with the 900M series ?

Anything different for newer driverS? 

I recently started trying to update my Alienware 17 (march 2014) with a GTX 980m.  I read through the process of installing it and had no problems doing so, but I cannot for the life of me get my computer to boot in dedicated graphics mode.  I've taken out the battery, CMOS battery, held down the power button, and booted only in an UFEI environment.  

I've searched for an unlocked bios that would allow it to boot up so that I can attempt to use the proper drivers, but no success.

I'm using Windows 10 x64.

Bios version A14.

Is there anyone that has been through this process that can offer any help?  

Thanks in advance.

Edited by descent

• J95 pinned this topic