[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Yeah, done all that.

Yes, have replaced inf file. Not sure what disable driver signing is though.

I was asking about

Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

Open command prompt as an administrator.

mainly.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Keep pressing F8 -> enter "Safe Mode" -> Run DDU "Clean and Shutdown" -> Power On -> F8 -> select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" -> Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf -> Run setup.exe

Keep current settings "F8 boot menu", skip this "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard"

• Thumbs Up 2

And for windows10, there are modified drivers to fix the throttling problem on the 980m and alienware M17X R4?

I can't find this...

Please check the following links first:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862417/geforce-drivers/windows-10-official-353-62-drivers-has-killed-three-samsung-lcd-displays/

*** Windows 10 + NVIDIA WHQL Drivers are Killing Alienware and Clevo LCD Panels *** | NotebookReview

From my own experience - my screen (LG LP173WF1 TL B3) in Alienware M17x R4 (GTX 980m) had edid corrupted:

1. on Windows 10 Pro with 355.60 drivers

2. on Windows 8.1 Pro with 355.83 drivers

3. on Windows 8.1 Pro with 353.06 drivers even after system BIOS flash to A13 (latest version) and vbios flash on gtx 980m

4. Currently done BIOS flash to A10, then A13; flashed gtx 980m vbios, secure erased the SSD, installed Windows 8.1 Pro, flashed the bios to A13 again, re-flashed the gtx 980m again. All the drivers are updated (driver updates from windows update turned off as usual), Windows update turned off, the only driver not installed yet is nvidia display driver. Screen works fine so far.

Please check the following links first:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862417/geforce-drivers/windows-10-official-353-62-drivers-has-killed-three-samsung-lcd-displays/

*** Windows 10 + NVIDIA WHQL Drivers are Killing Alienware and Clevo LCD Panels *** | NotebookReview

From my own experience - my screen (LG LP173WF1 TL B3) in Alienware M17x R4 (GTX 980m) had edid corrupted:

1. on Windows 10 Pro with 355.60 drivers

2. on Windows 8.1 Pro with 355.83 drivers

3. on Windows 8.1 Pro with 353.06 drivers even after system BIOS flash to A13 (latest version) and vbios flash on gtx 980m

4. Currently done BIOS flash to A10, then A13; flashed gtx 980m vbios, secure erased the SSD, installed Windows 8.1 Pro, flashed the bios to A13 again, re-flashed the gtx 980m again. All the drivers are updated (driver updates from windows update turned off as usual), Windows update turned off, the only driver not installed yet is nvidia display driver. Screen works fine so far.

No problems for me, i have the 355.85 drivers and LG Philips LP173WF1 on Windows 10. My only problem is the throttle that is sometimes present, and where I have to reboot and reapply my ram memory settings in the bios so that the problem disappears (why doing that, it works, I don't know ...) .

And i have W10 since july 29th, no problems also when i had W8.1.

I also had Windows 10 from 29th July and had no/minor issues for about 2 weeks (upgrade from 8.1 Pro). Then I did a clean Windows 10 install (I never use upgrade option, only used it to get the free licence), installed all the drivers and after switching from Optimus to dedicated, wiping all the VGA drivers with DDU and installing nvidia driver in dedicated, the screen EDID got corrupted. 8 beeps no POST initially, can be booted in UEFI (legacy has to be off) if you remove memory and perform cmos reset. On Windows 10 the laptop would sometimes POST and boot with no display, but after entering Windows password, display would come back to life and work fine as if nothing wrong happened. This was with the upgraded version of Windows 10, which is why I decided to do a clean install.

I hope your screen stays fine and works without issues, but you have been warned.

Hi Everybody, first of all sorry for my english:torn:

i bought a gtx980m from eurocom website to replace gtx880 in the alienware m17x r5. first of all i don't know why but this card is not recognized by any kind of official driver and i need always to replace the .inf file.

anyway i noticed that whit stock driver and bios was throttling realy often and i decided to flush few vbios just to try. i tried prema, msi , clevo bios but after few minutes without throttling i have tdp error and everything crush. this is happening whit win 10 and 8.1 and whit different kind of driver... temperatures don't exeed 74 C

the strange thing is that with all custom bios even if i don't touch frequency after few minutes in game the screen froze and came out blu screen with tdp error (nvlddmkm.sys)the gpu looks working fine without throttling att all. i tried to increase voltage or power limit value but no improvement. maybe somthing wrong with .inf file or driver.

one more thing is that after pc restart automatically on desktop came out kernel video stop work and freeze again one more time...

anybody can help me? i mixed a lot of different driver and file inf with no result and i'm getting crazy

i bought a gtx980m from eurocom website to replace gtx880 in the alienwarem17x r5. first of all i don't know why but this card is not recognized by any kind of official driver and i need always to replace the .inf file.

anyway i noticed that whit stock driver and bios was throttling realy often and i decided to flush few vbios just to try. i tried prema, msi , clevo bios but after few minutes without throttling i have tdp error and everything crush. this is happening whit win 10 and 8.1 and whit different kind of driver... temperatures don't exeed 74 C

the strange thing is that with all custom bios even if i don't touch frequency after few minutes in game the screen froze and came out blu screen with tdp error (nvlddmkm.sys)the gpu looks working fine without throttling att all. i tried to increase voltage or power limit value but no improvement. maybe somthing wrong with .inf file or driver.

one more thing is that after pc restart automatically on desktop came out kernel video stop work and freeze again one more time...

anybody can help me? i mixed a lot of different driver and file inf with no result and i'm getting crazy

what Power brick you are using ?

i bought a gtx980m from eurocom website to replace gtx880 in the alienware m17x r5. first of all i don't know why but this card is not recognized by any kind of official driver and i need always to replace the .inf file.

It's not being recognized because the card is not a stock card and hence why unmodified do not work. It's been well documented that this is the case.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

what Power brick you are using ?

i'm using 240 Watt Psu... i just noticed that most of you has 330 Watt.. probably this is the problem....

i was trying to find a 330 psu alienware but i didn't find any model compatible. which one are you using?

i'm using 240 Watt Psu... i just noticed that most of you has 330 Watt.. probably this is the problem....

i was trying to find a 330 psu alienware but i didn't find any model compatible. which one are you using?

Just look on eBay for alienware 330w psu. The psu is used on the x51.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ok guys I have a question that's made my head itch abit! If anyone can shed some light on it would be much appreciated :)

I've been running driver v355.83 @J95 mod on stock vBIOS. Since the release of MG phantom pain (1st Sept) and it has been performing flawlessly with no throttle while gaming. Only last night throttling started occasionally and got worse and worse like a pledge!!!

Now my question is WHY?!? Lol... Why suddenly? I haven't changed anything. And would reinstalling the driver make any difference?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• J95 pinned this topic