[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Get a 770m in the mean time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Can you find a cheap one for me? If you can PM me.. My budget is close to 0 lol.. Buying this 1 card made me broke lol..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Can you find a cheap one for me? If you can PM me.. My budget is close to 0 lol.. Buying this 1 card made me broke lol..

awww I feel bad bro I hope you get a replacement sooner than expected and for cheap. Sucks when hardware fails and yeah it is rough on IGP. Intel gpu has been way behind since the dawn of Intel lol true. Ivy bridge and haswell igp gives an attempt of atleast providing a playable game but with less than desired reolution and detail...

• Thumbs Up 1

awww I feel bad bro I hope you get a replacement sooner than expected and for cheap. Sucks when hardware fails and yeah it is rough on IGP. Intel gpu has been way behind since the dawn of Intel lol true. Ivy bridge and haswell igp gives an attempt of atleast providing a playable game but with less than desired reolution and detail...

Me too..this has been a nightmare 2 days.. And August is the last proper free month before I start full time works.. This sucks so bad...

I hate to mention AMD gpu (bleh under experience) but a 7970m is so cheap and for the performance could be a viable alternative till you get your Nvidia 980m GPU again.

they can overclock a decent amount and cost next to nothing compared to the alternatives in how much performance per $ you get. I certainly would consider one as a temporary card if it is compatible with your system.

had lots of AMD and Nvidia gpu and if I had to would use AMD temporarily just never my main choice :)

I hate to mention AMD gpu (bleh under experience) but a 7970m is so cheap and for the performance could be a viable alternative till you get your Nvidia 980m GPU again.

they can overclock a decent amount and cost next to nothing compared to the alternatives in how much performance per $ you get. I certainly would consider one as a temporary card if it is compatible with your system.

had lots of AMD and Nvidia gpu and if I had to would use AMD temporarily just never my main choice :)

I had a 7970M.. Its hardly cheap as I look at it on eBay.. If you do have a spare, would be willing to get it lol..

I had a 7970M.. Its hardly cheap as I look at it on eBay.. If you do have a spare, would be willing to get it lol..

I dont have any but maybe we can find one being sold cheap it is quite an aged gpu now... it should bw able to be aquired cheaper hmmmm how much does Upgrademonkey list one or is that who you tried?

I dont have any but maybe we can find one being sold cheap it is quite an aged gpu now... it should bw able to be aquired cheaper hmmmm how much does Upgrademonkey list one or is that who you tried?

£235 which isn't cheap...

£235 which isn't cheap...

you arent kidding I had no idea they barely dropped below half cost from full retail almost more than half cost of retail when first released. Sorry I didnt realize.

Have you checked the for sale threads on NBR?

Have you checked the for sale threads on NBR?

No 770Ms.. All other ones are too expensive.. [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION], got any cheap cards like 7970M or something to let me go on for a while?

No 770Ms.. All other ones are too expensive.. [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION], got any cheap cards like 7970M or something to let me go on for a while?

Doesn't specifically need to be a 770m, just a card that's cheap and compatible.

Doesn't specifically need to be a 770m, just a card that's cheap and compatible.

Wouldn't mind a 765M lol.. 7970M for cheap would be good but they ain't too cheap here lol.. If anyone has something they can spare let me know.. I'll be willing to pay full shipping...

anyone that can help me with , sir , the situation up to 17 r5 yesterday 980m fine on win 10 and 8.1 .

DC today bought some thermal pad plate . last night. remove vga out to set the glue and plaster .

Fitting in is not getting vga again . in bios check is still GFX card . 8.1 reinstalling win clean , to start over , use the version modded driver for 980m , an acknowledgment card and can not be used

In device manager , then the 980m vga display a yellow exclamation mark . vga unusable .

I do not know how to fix.

who has guided me ? I have used teamviewer .

my english is not good so I use google translate , sorry for the inconvenience

Wouldn't mind a 765M lol.. 7970M for cheap would be good but they ain't too cheap here lol.. If anyone has something they can spare let me know.. I'll be willing to pay full shipping...

Are there MXM versions of the 765M?

anyone that can help me with , sir , the situation up to 17 r5 yesterday 980m fine on win 10 and 8.1 .

DC today bought some thermal pad plate . last night. remove vga out to set the glue and plaster .

Fitting in is not getting vga again . in bios check is still GFX card . 8.1 reinstalling win clean , to start over , use the version modded driver for 980m , an acknowledgment card and can not be used

In device manager , then the 980m vga display a yellow exclamation mark . vga unusable .

I do not know how to fix.

who has guided me ? I have used teamviewer .

my english is not good so I use google translate , sorry for the inconvenience

if I understand correct you removed card to install thermal pads and paste and now after reinstall device manager shows issue with card. If this is true then I would suggest what was suggested some posts back and try to carefully reseat the card in the MXM slot . they can be very frustrating to get them back in and working right sometimes.

He's doing them for 695 USD so I guess that right.. Heard 970M is 600 CAD.. Let's see what Hide say.. Going to call them again., they're trying to drag out but I want this done today

yeah shouldn't be pricing in this thread. But if I see a member is active, I go as low as I can usually. On occasion I get someone who creates an account, and the first piece of activity they do is send me a PM. I do not give them the same pricing.

They get the same product, and i tell them to become active on the forums sure, I do not want to over step my lucky privileges on these forums. Many forums will not allow people if they are also vendors to post about such things, it is literally a case by case in some circumstances.

For the record, I offered Tom $600CAD/$855CAD since he is active. This pricing is amazing. If shipping to the USA, $45CAD and it is shipped anywhere in the USA. Pricing has changed abit, because US dollar is much higher then the canadian and it keeps rising. So, basically our costs have gone up,

but we have maintained our pricing, which is difficult.

Anyways, let us not bombard this thread with this sort of thing before we get warnings, please.

I have a drop box link for people who want my list of M17X-R4 drivers to install, in order, and with current viable drivers for 980M:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6i8ejny8o86kzji/AAAh8_sEXYAL50gAP-_CYvkYa?dl=0

Are there MXM versions of the 765M?

I actually think so. Been awhile mind you. But he wanted pricing on 970M/980M I thought. We have 770M and 870M (can make better deal for 870M then other cards I think) Also, there is 780M which still run a pretty price, and 880M which is basically same card and price... the 295 from AMD is powerful, and cheaper in comparison then other cards. I would rate it nearly as efficient as buying a 970M which I think it the best pricing for performance.

If you had a 7970 heatsink too, then your good, I use that on my 980M and have used it for 880M, 780M and 680M 675M and works fine. Have to remove some black plastic tape/paper on the DIE area but that's about it.

yeah shouldn't be pricing in this thread. But if i see a member is active, I go as low as I can usually. On occasion I get someone who creates an account, and the first piece of activity they do is send me a PM. I do not give them the same pricing.

They get the same product, and i tell them to become active on the forums sure, I do not want to over step my lucky privileges on these forums. Many forums will not allow people if they are also vendors to post about such things, it is literally a case by case in some circumstances.

For the record, I offered Tom $600CAD/$855CAD since he is active. This pricing is amazing. If shipping to the USA, $45CAD and it is shipped anywhere in the USA. Pricing has changed abit, because US dollar is much higher then the canadian and it keeps rising. So, basically our costs have gone up,

but we have maintained our pricing, which is difficult.

Apologies have deleted that.. Hopefully it should be gone on your end..

Hey Guys,

I

I upgraded to win10, and everything seemed to work but the driver won't install. I used the same method I've been using, I put my GPU info (cut and paste) under the win10 column like I would if I using win8.1 then the second id under the card driver section on the bottom. I get message card not supported blah blah. The driver is 353.62. When I installed the win8.1 version no problem.

My info is:

%NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028%=Section146, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AB1028

NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028= "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980m"

Does something different have to be done?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey Guys,

I

I upgraded to win10, and everything seemed to work but the driver won't install. I used the same method I've been using, I put my GPU info (cut and paste) under the win10 column like I would if I using win8.1 then the second id under the card driver section on the bottom. I get message card not supported blah blah. The driver is 353.62. When I installed the win8.1 version no problem.

My info is:

%NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028%=Section146, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AB1028

NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028= "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980m"

Does something different have to be done?

Thanks for your thoughts.

1028 = okay so its DELL... 13D7 says 980M.... 05AB..what is that, AW17 ? or M17X-R?

You need to disable DSE. Google "Disable DSE " before installing graphic drivers.

Then, use a modified driver, but also, you will need to put your laptop into dedicated mode, because there is no Optimus for Windows 10. it doesn't work and causes some issues.

So severe, I fear it might even destroy your card.

I made a thread on a different forum based on what I gathered from this thread alone, and for me and others it seems to work. But the same info is linked like 50x in this thread.

Windows 10 and nVidia 980M GTX , M17X-R4, without Optimus: Working Great ! | NotebookReview

mines is just convenient for me as its on first page and I have it "Favorited" on my toolbar :P

Hope this helps. If so, buy J95 a beer or something.

if I understand correct you removed card to install thermal pads and paste and now after reinstall device manager shows issue with card. If this is true then I would suggest what was suggested some posts back and try to carefully reseat the card in the MXM slot . they can be very frustrating to get them back in and working right sometimes.

I tried plugging it back into the slot vga MXM very careful way . but still fautly. how i can fix this ?

I tried plugging it back into the slot vga MXM very careful way . but still fautly. how i can fix this ?

if you reseated the card carefully and the bios recognizes it perhaps it is just a driver issue. I would follow the steps Lee James Wood outlines in the few posts above. It seems to be the same issue that Scanner is having as well.

driver signing has to be disabled and folow the other steps outlined as well with the modded driver. Lee James Wood provided his dropbox link for users to download his modified drivers. I hope that helps get your system going again

• J95 pinned this topic