[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Note:

PEG All models & Optimus/M17xR4 install using nv_whql.inf_v347.90_Desktop_GTX_TITAN X_980_970_Mobile_980M_970M_965M.zip

Alienware 17 / 05AA Optimus install nv_whql.inf_v347.90_Optimus_GTX_980M_970M_965M.zip

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/9434-geforce-347-90-mod-desktop-mobile-900-series.html#post127799

All imma say is THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! >_<

Spent all morning taking apart my own m18x to install a pair of GTX 980M's and this has got the full system up and running again.

Ran the Heavensward FFXIV benchmark on it too. Old score i got was 5235 with the old 675m's. New score I got was 12903 O.O

Not seeing any throttling on it either tho Ive yet to test a game on it.

Want to install the new 350.12 drivers but cant find a full package that'll install. Geforce experience shows up to date on the driver :S

Trying to download the modified inf's but cant atm :C

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I've been following this thread and I am confused about what the latest working drivers to install. I have a single 970m on Alienware M18xR2.

Thank you

Latest release drivers only came out this morning 352.86. You can download the latest package but until J95 is nice enough to get round to putting up a modified inf file for us the latest ones you can actually use would be the 350.12 drivers. Would do it myself if I could wrap my head around the modification process but not that great at it personally.

Thank you for your reply. My brain is overheating after reading all pages of this thread and I just need a working driver, which to install and what file to use to overwrite and do i need to flash ? for the 970m on A 18xR2 :)

Thank you for your reply. My brain is overheating after reading all pages of this thread and I just need a working driver, which to install and what file to use to overwrite and do i need to flash ? for the 970m on A 18xR2 :)

First post of this thread covers the install process. Link to the most recent AW INF is usually posted in J95's signature. This is currently v350.12.

Although with the universe hopefully on our lazyside, @J95 is already working on 352.86. (Insert insurmountable gratitude for J95 here)

You'll need 5 hopefully decent posts before you can DL anything from TechInferno.

Information on flashing vbios can be found in the General Notebook Discussion.

GeForce 352.86 WHQL

Game Ready
  • Best gaming experience for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, including support for SLI Technology
    INF MOD v352.86
    nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) except 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX
    nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M
    GeForce 350.12 WHQL

- - - Updated - - -

@ALL v352.86 >TDRs< stock clocks all games & benchmarks, desktop identical issues...another hotfix soon. DDU in safe mode, reinstall v350.12. Don't update GeForce Experience to v2.4.4.24 >TDRs<, _v2.4.3.22 uncheck "beta" option.

Single & SLI, I've included v352.86 game profiles "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" M18xR2/SLI users feedback please.

nv_dispi.inf_v352.86_AW_PEG_GTX_980M_970M_880M_870M_860M_780M_770M_765M_680M_675MX_670MX.zip

nvcvi.inf_v352.86_Optimus_Alienware_17_GTX_980M_970M_965M.zip

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey this might be a bit of a long shot but do you have any idea why I might get display glitches/crashes when I install modded drivers with these in UEFI Windows 8.1 with a 980m and 120Hz monitor? It worked for a day but then it started crashing and it's been broken ever since

I've been reading this thread backwards and forwards but cant figure out to get to this 352.86-driver working on my M18X-R2 with Win8.1 and a 980M-card. Been trying to modify .inf files but I'm not even sure I'm modifying the correct file. Would anyone inform me which file is the correct one as I've been getting mixed messeges here.

My HW-ID is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028

Hey this might be a bit of a long shot but do you have any idea why I might get display glitches/crashes when I install modded drivers with these in UEFI Windows 8.1 with a 980m and 120Hz monitor? It worked for a day but then it started crashing and it's been broken ever since

@ALL v352.86 >TDRs< stock clocks all games & benchmarks, desktop identical issues...another hotfix soon. DDU in safe mode, reinstall v350.12. Don't update GeForce Experience to v2.4.4.24 >TDRs<, _v2.4.3.22 uncheck "beta" option.

Single & SLI, I've included v352.86 game profiles "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" M18xR2/SLI users feedback please.

nvdrsdb_v352.86.zip

Hey alright, I've tried reinstalling a couple times and uninstalling with DDU, I'll give it another try I guess in safe mode

Hey alright, I've tried reinstalling a couple times and uninstalling with DDU, I'll give it another try I guess in safe mode

Run DDU and then reinstall v350.12.

J95, I'm in the same boat as the Mr. Fox, as I have dual 780M and all drivers beyond 345.20 are throttling

even when the gpus aren't overclocked. Is there a way to adapt the 352.86 SLI profiles in the 345.20 drivers? Thanks in advance.

Well I have no idea what happened but now no matter what I can't install drivers on my 120Hz pure UEFI 980m Alienware 17 R5. I've tried full uninstalls using DDU in safe mode, various versions of the drivers and .inf mods from here as well as laptopvideo2go. No matter what I try I get bizarre glitches with the display and my computer will immediately crash if I load a 3D game. It has to be driver-related as my computer is running perfectly when I have no NVIDIA drivers installed. Any ideas?

J95, I'm in the same boat as the Mr. Fox, as I have dual 780M and all drivers beyond 345.20 are throttling

even when the gpus aren't overclocked. Is there a way to adapt the 352.86 SLI profiles in the 345.20 drivers? Thanks in advance.

Hi there.

Enter safe mode -> "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" -> copy/overwrite "nvdrsdb0.bin" & "nvdrsdb1.bin" -> reboot.

NVCPL -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings -> Power management -> set balanced mode -> Apply -> set high performance -> Apply.

Set SLI settings.

Well I have no idea what happened but now no matter what I can't install drivers on my 120Hz pure UEFI 980m Alienware 17 R5. I've tried full uninstalls using DDU in safe mode, various versions of the drivers and .inf mods from here as well as laptopvideo2go. No matter what I try I get bizarre glitches with the display and my computer will immediately crash if I load a 3D game. It has to be driver-related as my computer is running perfectly when I have no NVIDIA drivers installed. Any ideas?

1- Uninstall current drivers DDU/ "Clean and Shutdown" option.

2- Flash -> Prema's latest vBIOS MOD v1.1 -> NVFLASH_WIN_5.218_x64 (password premamod.com)

3- *Driver signing disabled* -> GeForce 350.12 WHQL -> Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf_v350.12.zip

4- Extracted driver package, keep these folders only -> run setup.exe

post-3012-14495000108611_thumb.png

5- (Optional) Install Geforce Experience standalone installer v2.4.3.31 Download GeForce Experience | NVIDIA | GeForce

Preferences

post-3012-14495000108838_thumb.png

6- *Disable/uncheck batteryboost*

post-3012-14495000109329_thumb.png

7- *Stock clocks* "P-states matching" -> Nvidia Inspector -> Performance Level [2] (P1) -> "Unlock Max" -> set core 1127 MHz -> vram 2505 MHz -> apply -> right click "create clock shortcut" -> "Create clock startup task" -> Done.

post-3012-14495000109731_thumb.png

- - - Updated - - -

@N!IGHTHAWK! just follow the steps above 1, 3, 4, *7*.

nvdrsdb0.bin_nvdrsdb1.bin.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

@J95

Here are the results!

?temp_hash=795b58b8b3a2619fe626cb98463a2fda

Thank you so much! Throttling is gone for now. I really don't understand this stuff. When I started out a couple of days ago. I didn't have these issues. The more I played with it the worst it got. I don't mind playing around with setting and trying things but it really is weird when you can't get back to a good baseline.

I'll be donating you some cash today or tomorrow! Big thanks! Do you have any tips for pushing it more? Or should I be happy with that? Plus I'm still waiting on my second heatsink for the other beast and I hope I don't mess anything up on that one hahaha

Things of note running it without the OC still had throttling. First pass was good at 7420. Second pass 1290. OC first pass was 8504 second was 8550 so I am hopeful things are good to go. I'll be calling it a day in a few so I'll update if I get any major issues. Also before I noticed that when I had my ext monitor pluged in I got a much worse throttling issue.

Thanks Again

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed since i installed the new drivers that when i initially start my system the computer is doing slow stuttering like freezing for a 1-2 seconds every couple of seconds in part because the computer is almost jumping strait from the bios to the login screen nearly strait away.. Restarting the computer seems to sort it out tho. Havent uninstalled for now but it is a little bit of an oddity.

Hi there.

Enter safe mode -> "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" -> copy/overwrite "nvdrsdb0.bin" & "nvdrsdb1.bin" -> reboot.

NVCPL -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings -> Power management -> set balanced mode -> Apply -> set high performance -> Apply.

Set SLI settings.

- - - Updated - - -

@N!IGHTHAWK! just follow the steps above 1, 3, 4, *7*.

This will work for 350.12, but will not work for me with 345.20 drivers. Since I cannot use 350.12 I had to find a different workaround. With 345.20, I can overwrite the profile .BIN files in Safe Mode, but apparently the Windows Repository replaces them when I reboot, because the old versions keep coming back upon reboot. If I delete them from the repository, then there are no profiles accessible in NVCP. The only way I could do it without the PeeForce Cancer Experience is to install 352.86 over the top of 345.20 (no DDU cleaning), reboot with DSE disabled and then go into Device Manager and manually select 345.20. Since the only game I have that is not covered in the new game profiles is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, it doesn't really make any difference for me one way or the other. I am not planning to purchase GTA V or The Witcher 3 until they can be purchased for $20 or less. I am not a huge fan of either genre... much prefer FPS. What did work was exporting 352.86 profiles for those games as NVIDIA Inspector .NIP files and importing them into a clean 345.20 installation. So, that might be an option that will work for some folks.

352.86 NV Inspector Profiles.zip

post-119-14495000110988_thumb.jpg

• J95 pinned this topic