T|I Battlefield 3 64 Player Server

Brian

Would you be interested in seeing a T|I BF3 Server and possibly donating towards it?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in seeing a T|I BF3 Server and possibly donating towards it?

• Yes I'd be interested.
    • I'm too far and my ping would be too high so for me it wouldn't be of any benefit.
    • No, not interested.
    • Maybe (see reply in thread)

Tickets are the things that count down when you kill an enemy or control more than half the points in conquest. 1 kill = 1 ticket. Though the best way to win conquest is flag capping.

@mw86: Here's all the stuff you need to make it work, you only need to buy the DLC if you want to play the "Back to Karkand" maps, but we mostly play on the standard maps anyway, so you don't really need it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Svl7 im thinling last time i was between updates i never reapplied everything thanks again. Looking forward to playing. 6970m did nice in BF3 even with most filters on i can only imagine 580m =D guys how much upload and download bandwidth would you guys recomend as playable in your experience not based on quoted requirements :|

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder

We're not renewing our BF3 server contract. The activity on the server is far too low to justify the cost atm. T|I itself costs admins a nice chunk of cash per month so we're going to focus on that until later when the BF3 server becomes more feasible in the future. The server contract expires sometime in March.

Im sorry to hear of such dilemmas :| but server costs are important to be covered. some day we can get it back :)why is it such a big server would it be more feasible at a smaller size? Probably not...We need more income for TI... but what else can we do?

• 1 month later...
  • Founder

Heads up: 64 player server will be permanently going offline in a few days. We may purchase a 16 player server later on just for nightly DM games like we had before. Those run fairly cheap and should be easy to pay for. We'd have kept this one if it had a lot of traffic but it seems BF3 is dismal failure since most servers tend to be empty.

Ok, sounds reasonable. I haven't had time to play any games in ages... and now with spring coming I'll be spending most of my leisure time outdoors anyway :P But you can count me in for a donation, and I think if we set a time & date once in a while we should be able to get the server full and have some nice rounds of BF3... in the T|I way, if you know what I mean :P

• Founder

Our BF3 server has expired so I've removed the BF3 server tracking and related forum messages. This thread will be closed until we decide if/when to purchase a new BF3 server.

Thanks.