Overclock i7-2920xm possible on MSI GT780DXR?

Hi,

So I bought an extreme edition i7-2920xm cpu a few days ago. After putting it in the notebook it ran fine, but I couldn't overclock it one bit. I have Xonar's unlocked bios for the GT780DXR, I tried changing the CPU core ratio limit but this doesn't seem to have an effect on the processors speed, I even changed the TDP and that did nothing.

What can I do about this? Is there anyone out there with the MSI i7 extreme edition of this notebook which overclocks to 4.16GHz? If so can you please give me your BIOS?

Please let me know if anything can be done,

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, yes I tried everything, set the CPU ratio up but that did nothing, I can't even adjust the voltage of the CPU, maybe the laptop doesn't allow overclocking, it detects it and can only clock the CPU up to the stock turbo boost values.

I can't even access any options in Intel XTU all the options are grayed out. This is why I was asking for the bios which came with the extreme edition of the notebook. That could be my only shot as it is configured for the CPU. 

Another option is to manually modify the BIOS to allow multiplier overclocking but I have no experience of that whatsoever, I would also need to enable voltage control. 

Can anything be done?