Skyrim, oh yeah

Gearsguy

Tonight I did a ton of mods.. Heres a screenshot I took and use as a wallpaper now. I also have a gallery of about 35 in my Steam gallery Im uploading as I post this. Getting around 40fps at 1680x1050, shadows on medium at overclock in signature. Overall Id say my game isnt Skyrim anymore, its Crysis with a bethesda mod.

2011122600043.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5...1122600043.jpg

EDIT: The whole gallery

Steam Community :: Gearsguy :: Screenshots

I NEVER go below 30fps. Ever.

Temps: gpuztemps.png (Strange my overclock didnt show)

Lets see anyone try to say the M14x isnt a true gaming notebook now.

• Thumbs Up 5

-inserts NBR logic- Yes but that makes no sense since your rig was playing at a non-default resolution. Clearly your monitor added performance, get out noob Sagers Ftw.

Now back to reality, nice work gears, looks very impressive. The comprehensive mods that will come soon with the CK will be outstanding. Im so excited for new races / spells / game types / quests. Its going to be so epic.

Oh and any chance you can list the specific mods you used? My friend is looking to increase graphics since his rig already handles everything skyrim throws at him. Any compatibility errors?

Edited by mmskate13

Its beautiful Gears. I had been working on the same thing... Making it look better but run almost the same. I can't wait to try yours. Thank you gears. I'm just waiting on my system to return from depot. I liked adding foliage and tree distance to really fill in the background and my favorite was the 4x sampling on the water reflections. Theres so many add ons that were done real nice HD texture packs that make the already HD textures look like Arena and Daggerfall. That pic looks sweet... I had Amd troubles on certain enhancements to the existing FX-AA. Can't wait to try your choice pics Gears. =)

• 3 months later...

Well I basically used all that and the game looks awesome but if I'm currently working out how to fit everything in the 2gb of texture memory we get on our cards Jimbo... at 1080P and AA's of various types vram usage is through the roof... you probably should load it on your big rig and should be able to rock that game :) High Quality Ambient Occlusion and SSAO look amazing... with all the rest enabled... geforce.com's guide is my start...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It looks awesome! Just got my r2, I'll be applying this later on today! thanks

Nice that you're an Alienware rep that games. Glad to have you and the team with us. Skyrim is beautiful. When I was on Nvidia it was great but on AMD its not very playable for some including me now. StamatisX abandoned it on 5870m since theres so much black texture issues in crossfire. Nvidia is no problem with Skyrim and some of the available filters Nvidia gpus can utilize add to it even more.

Wow, I will have to apply this to my Skyrim, I have had an M14x for awhiel but looking to get a little more performance, Glad I found this forum.

Welcome to Tech Inferno we are glad to have you. Skyrim is magnificent to look at and the game really looks worlds apart after adjustment.