Upgrading a Notebook

Zaw

So i have decided i would like to upgrade my lenovo yoga 500 and ive been thinking about a graphics card so is there a gtx 1050 ti for a laptop ? if yes where can i get it and what is the price range ? or do you recommend me any other good graphic cards ? Thanks in advance :D

Disable Intel Speedstep in your BIOS.

Download ThrottleStop(google it), tick set multiplier, set your multiplier to the desired value, untick BD prochot to prevent CPU throttling.

Download MSI Afterburner, give your card a small overclock, prioritize core over memory clock.

All of the above will raise your temps, if you throttle because of it, you can buy a cooling pad to keep  the temps down. USB cooling pads are more portable, outlet pads require an outlet, but can have some really impressive fans at high RPM.

Edited by №1 Toxic Shitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'd also recommend a getting an used clevo, msi or alienware. Check for ones that can have their GPU's upgraded, as for CPU personally i feel that anything after 3rd gen Intel doesn't make much of a difference.

I had a clevo P170EM with a Nvidia 675m and went to a 980m, but cheaper options are also possible.