Thinking about a eGPU setup

Hi there, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading some post from it since long ago.

I just wanted to know certain things that I wasn't able to find trough the forum searcher. I'm thinking about putting an eGPU to my Lenovo B50-50. I don't do heavy gaming, I mean, the heaviest game I like to run is warface (Idk if u guys know it) and I will be more than happy if I could get it to run at 60stable fps at medium. I was thinking about getting the following:

-This GTX750: https://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-750-ti-oc-windforce-2gb-gddr5-reacondicionado-

-The exp GDC 7.0 : http://www.banggood.com/es/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

- And, a power supply : https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-cx430-v2-430w-builder-series

How do you see it?

My pc specs are the following:

- Intel Core i3-5005U Processor( 2.00GHz 1600MHz 3MB)

- HD Intel 5500

- 4.0GB PC3L-12800 DDR3L 1600 MHz

How much improvement it is going to cause? I play games like LoL (It already runs at smooth 60 fps with my setup), Drakensang, star conflict. warface, left 4 dead 2 etc...

I know I can't increase my ram, there is a solution similar to the egpu but for increasing the ram memory?

I've been looking for cases for the external setup but they are incomprehensibly expensive, no budget cases? If not I can made up something..

Thanks in advance.

To finish, I know laptops are not for gaming, is what I got from my parents and I have to make the best of it for my needs. I appreciate any help.

• 5 months later...

I have a GTX750ti. Is a great card. I don't do modern games in particular but i use this card to make sure that my old games relate properly with new drivers from nvidia, directx, opengl, d3d.

The only thing i don't like about your combo is the PSU. This card does not requirw external power. Just the wattage from the PCI. 

It should not need more than 85/90watts.

Which means you can actually use something a little more portable.

Like a laptop kind of style PSU to feed the slot. 120watts or 180watts if you are concerned about power.

You can also find the EXP with an aluminum chassis on ebay. this card is short and you won't have messy cables coming from outside. Making it ideal por a portable gaming rig if you want to have a LAN party with your buddies anytime.

But hey, that's just me.

-