What did you do Before T|I?

mmskate13

The title says it all! What forums you were a member of, likes you had, hobbies, etc.

Personally, I didn't join pc gaming 'till recently, thanks to some friends at school who taught me the ropes.

Prior to PC gaming, i was a PS3 player. Then I started hanging out on youtube as my favorite website, and learned about a little game called "Crysis." I was so fascinated by how real it looked, and the physics and how open it was, but i didn't think I'd ever be able to play it.

I started to get into modding for PS3, tried my hand at learning to hex-edit, wasn't very successful (although i would like to try again :) ), and ended up just mimicking others. Modded games on the PS3 such as MW2 with USB's, and tried to come up with mods for games like Just Cause 2. That was back in the good ol' days where you didn't HAVE TO jailbreak to get any mod. There was a challenge to it, and that was the fun part.

From modding PS3 games, i got into some online games on my old Inspiron 1501. The games were pretty fun, and I played stuff like (don't mock me lol) maplestory. After playing legitimately, I started to want my old ways of modding again, and I got into Maplestory exploits/hacks. I joined one of the 3 rivaling forums for Maplestory hacks, and was angry at how nothing was personal. I moved to a smaller forum, which was only a few weeks old, and got my start learning how to make my own Trainers and copying already-used scripts, but never publishing anything admirable. After a few months of gaining respect, I rose to a super-moderator there, and had quite a few close friends. After our forum rose in popularity, people from other forums would come over and leech things from the infamous 3 without giving appreciation. Our forum was DDoS attacked, and went down. After 2 unsuccessful attempts at changing the name of the forum and keeping old members, and an uprising by one of the oldest forum members who i joined with, the forum was lost forever. Now that Jailbreaking was the only thing people did for PS3's i couldn't return there either.

For a while I was bored compared to the past, and kept learning more about computers. I started out at NBR, and started to get really frustrated there as well, because it reminded me of the first Maplestory hack forum I joined, but with more corruption and false-data. Almost every day I would check YouTube for newly uploaded videos of the Alienware M14x, and thats when I first encountered Stevenx. From his videos, I became really intrigued by the M14x, and he seemed to be the only person to show things for what they really were. I heard about how he was banned from NBR, and sympathized with his dislike towards the forum. Then, from one of his signatures, I learned of T|I. At first I just browsed the threads. After I became really serious in buying an m14x, I joined T|I, and met all the awesome people here. I'm still learning, but I'm making my way, and never would have gotten thus far without T|I and especially people like svl7, mw86, and stevenx, who are always glad to give a hand; as is the rest of T|I, even if the topic isn't on computers and technology.

So, there's my story, now time to hear yours :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, short version for now...

I'm a reader, it's how I define my life, I read 3-4 books a week and have for the last ~20 years. I still read more than I play games/OC/forumspam, and I write too.

I got into gaming with a NES and Mario Brothers, then a 286 we got for my mums work, to a 386, then a 486 DX2 and so on. Playing all the classics starting with stuff like Commander Keen and moving on to Wolf 3D and Doom etc.

EDIT: Reading that back, I think the NES came in around the 486 days, after Keen and Prehistoric 2 (points to anyone that remembers that game).

• Thumbs Up 1

Could write a long one here...

Spend time either working

Or taking care of my special needs son

Or trying to make my wife happy

Or Playing games.

1st computer of my own (apple II+) (1st computer i ever used TRS-80)

1st RPG or serious pc game I played - ultima 3 then ultima 4

1st notebook (honestly don't remember.. some 50mhz thing in the mid 90s)

1st computer support job was at the rail road supporting the lotus suite and print mess.

I don't claim to be an expert at anything.

Pretty much sums it up.

(in closing) Love this site. Need to makes some vids over the holidays to plug it a bit more. Finally about to hit 100k viewers on my youtube profile.

Best wishes, StevenX

Edited by Stevenxowens792

I think we already had a similar thread. :)

Anyway, I started with Commodore 64 and audio tapes, drawing nude babes in ASCII when I was like 8 (lol)... my dad saw it once and laughed his ass off. First laptop I saw was some IBM Thinkpad on one of the computer fairs that used to be held every year and where the teacher from the computing lab from my elementary school took us every year. I remember the guy in the suit coming up to me (I was like 12) and told me they don't have any games there (dick). But hey, the justice has been (unintentionally) served a few years later in my high school my class visits the same faire again, this time armed with 3.5" floppy drivers armed with the code that introduces some malicious code in computers master boot record (ah, the puberty!).

On my C64, I played imba games such as

... ah good old days and honestly had more fun with any of these than I had playing Battlefield. These days I mainly play SWTOR, League of Legends, and occasionally Crysis 2 (its funny how little some games have evolved from Wolfenstein 3D in terms of gameplay) and Skyrim.
  • Thumbs Up 2

@unreal - do you remember rollerball and the olympic games for C64? My budy joey on the corner was the only one of us that had a c64 and we used to go play those for hours. I loved the roller derby game. Those stupid olympic games where you had to "whack" the joystick back and forth was sooo annoying but everyone would challenge everyone else for the title. Reward was usually home made pizza from joey's mom (they were from Jersey) but relocated to Tx due to work.

• Founder

Shit my story is too long but here goes:

-Started out in the 80s with my dad bringing home an Atari 2600, it was the SHIT. I played that thing 24 hours a day non-stop, especially that tank game where you had to bounce the ball across the level to hit the other tank.

-As I got older, I got into console gaming, specifically: NES, Genesis, SNES, PS1.

-After PS1, I discovered Quake 1 and the joys of online PC gaming thanks to a buddy of mine in chemistry lab during my freshman year of college.

-Once I got into PCs, there was no turning back, I bought my first ever "gaming" PC: HP Pavilion desktop with a Voodoo 1 graphics card (I added it in the PCI slot) and overclocked the CPU using jumpers on the board to 200 MHz. I was in gaming nirvana.

-Kept building PCs after that, joined online Quake 2 clans and attended the clan lan parties. At the time nVidia was a small company and along with Creative, they attended our lan parties and gave away free video cards + sound cards and other assorted prizes. I guess that's why I still have a bias towards nVidia.

-At one of the lan parties, they were playing a game called Codename Eagle from an unknown developer called Refraction Games (aka DICE)--I WAS AMAZED! You could pilot airplanes, tanks, motorcycles etc and go on bombing raids in 2 man WWI era planes. Instead of Quake, all of us stared playing CE for two nights in a row and I gotta say it is one of the most fun times I've ever had.

-After that I started keeping tabs on Refraction Games and a few years later they started development on Battlefield 1942 and I was ecstatic.

-Fast forward in time, I created an online BF1942 gaming clan called Clan786, we had a pretty nice fully functioning site similar to T|I, forums, and our own server. The clan was quite good and growing at a nice pace but with BF2's release, I got tired of the BF franchise and gaming in general and called it quits to focus on finishing college.

-I kept playing games but not heavily like before, got into Asherons Call for awhile and got bored of it after a few years.

-Graduated from college, worked a bit in a biotech lab, hated biotech and decided to go to med school.

-5th semester of med school, I decided I wanted a gaming notebook and got my first AW: M15x.

-Joined NBR, made thousands of posts, discovered throttling issues with M15x, investigated it and found a solution. Harassed Dell until they caved in and released a bios fix.

-Got burned by NBR by being temp banned for a stupid reason, spoke to Michael about starting our own site. Statmatis was interested so he joined the fray and after weeks of laboring, T|I was born. :)

If you read all that, you must be really bored.

Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 3

Aye children gather round for the tale of NinjaHunter. (be warned i was bored when i decided to write this XD)

Chapter one: Generation zero

I always gamed as a young lad, dating way back to the Nes with is Legends that brought it fame such as the one they call Mario and the deceitful paperboy. My lust for gaming was easily quenched the them days so i easily maintained the so called 'life'. The SNES was where my curiosity spiked, not from the mario who had acquired much fame or the the entrance of female characters in game. Nay! It was the arrival of 3D graphics. I have yet to rediscover this game to this day but it was glorious tank combat at its finest. My lust grew Profoundly.

Chapter 2: The nether years

Soon after the gods themselves reached down to me with the glorious Playstation, as if a gift that would be my undoing. I rapidly became 'addicted' but my parents saw true and hampered my destruction despite my love for MGS and MML2. The N64 was no Different, further entrancing my with its new era of games, further expanding the horizon and instilling my taste in games (majoras mask > Ocarina of time).

Chapter 3: From the Heavens.

Just as i entered the 4th grade I came upon a mysterious artifact while fingering through someone bartering goods, a worn copy of Starcraft. This game entrances me for Many years, although i acquired no skill in it i never stopped playing, from sun rise to the supremacy of the moon, Life was good.

Chapter 4: Sanguine tears

In my later days of entry school i was gifted with the almighty power of an unbreakable force. The Hacked XBOX! Hundreds of games at my fingers. Hitman, halo, ninja gaiden and every arcade game on the horizon. I was the envy of my friends, quickly rising to ladder of social status. My grades would suffer but it worried me not, i was a clever chap.

Chapter 5: A Squire of the masters

I did not grow bored with My prized xbox anytime soon, but i felt my horizon was limited. I soon learned of the power that could be unlocked within Computers and slowly completed my collection of games that i did not own on xbox. Struggling to adapt i spent a many moons mastering the precision and grace of the mouse, But i was still foolish and entered PC gaming with Nvidia Fx hardware. It puzzled me how a 256mb card could not tame beasts like Doom or FEAR. But at the same time i was prideful of what i had created, it was not monster, but it was Frankenstein creation.

Chapter 6: A new generation

I recieved my first gaming laptop in late junior high, and this unlocked the power of the internet to my disposal. I quickly became a PC fanboy, preaching the good word of the master race and smearing the opposition on the walls. I had no reputation, then but those who knew me called me DarkCowboy (my starcraft account). At this point I fell in love with computer graphics. Dedicating my free time to learning, studying... Watching them.....

Chapter 7: An electric alchemist

When i first acquired internet at my home, it was year one in high school. My futere was bright and crysis had just released. I was proud of my new gaming machine, conquering crysis on medium. I soon learned every graphical effect under the sun, what they did, what they were and if they were worth the performance. Introducing both crysis and oblivion into my game library at once i did little playing but rather tweaking the games.

Chapter 8: A twist of faith

I was gifted the nintendo wii late in my first year of high school. I marveled at the controls yet was confused at its graphical capabilities with competitors such at the xbox and PS3. None the less i became a fan boy and started my crusade upon the internet with my first acceptance into a forum (the conduit portal), for a year i discussed graphics until i was later dispatched for trolling. I returned to the master race.

Chapter 9: Destiny horizon

I picked up art rather quickly, and was fairly good at it due to my understanding of computer graphics which i applied to my art. Drawing was a natural plus for me, i would practice rarely but improve immensily between pieces. I shifted to the deviant art scene. Although I spent much time gaming art was likely my only other notable hobby. I later learned basic 3d modeling, i was self taught and a pirate at this age, not regretting my treason upon society. I never fully learned to 3d model (never learned to texture) but i was proud of my creations, although none were never finished i enjoys the praise from my friends.

Chapter 10: Blah blah blah

I wrapped up high school with great literary skill and artistic values, i joined many forums just to show of my few pieces of art. none very notable. And i discovered my 3rd forum, Tech inferno. here I was treated well and amoung others who shared similar interests. Although i moved away from art somewhat i knew i had found a sound place to share my legacy and spread my wisdom. Blah blah blah type type type

With college just on the horizon where will my destany lead me? Down the road of mediocracy with happyness loosely in my grasp, will I reach out for the things i love and hope for acceptance with the creators? Only time will tell, and i wish i could tell you this is the end of my legacy. But only tommarow will tell.

Holy crap! Did I really type that much?! Man point acquired.

• Thumbs Up 7

• Founder

Well my story goes back in the early 90s where my father gave me as a gift his 10 years old ZX81 to play with. I later on used it to run programs in BASIC to solve simple math problems for school something that didn't last long since my teacher asked me to provide all the steps towards the solution and not just the answer :nightmare:

250px-Sinclair_ZX81.jpg

In the meanwhile I also had an Atari and that was my first and my last gaming console I ever owned. I was gaming all day long until both joysticks simply broke from the extensive usage and my parents made sure not to ever get my hands on another console ever since.

My first real PC was in '94 and equipped with an i386 @40MHz CPU and a 9600 bps modem (LOL) and it was running DOS and of course the famous Norton Commander which is one of the most useful tools I have ever used.

Norton_Commander_5.51.png

Gaming on DOS was a real pain in the ass as I had to play with IRQ and COM stuff (especially for the sound card and the mouse, as they were always conflicting) and I was getting more joy from making the game run properly rather than playing the game itself. BIOS though wasn't that advanced and you still had to use jumpers on the motherboard for most of the stuff and this is were I got my first hands on experience with hardware (thanks to gaming of course). Windows 3.1 was very popular at that time but I didn't really like them, plus games still required DOS to run so I didn't really miss anything from not using them, except from school where all of their computer had them installed.

My favorite game at that time was gorilla.bas

My second PC came in early '96 and it was equipped with a cyrix 6x86 @133MHz CPU and a year later upgraded with a Voodoo2 PCI GPU card. By then Windows 95 were the must have OS and I have to admit it was a huge leap forward. This is when I really started enjoying 3D games.

I bought my first laptop, a Compaq Armada 100S equipped with an AMD K6-2 @550 MHz CPU, as a Christmas present to myself and this is when I stopped bothering with desktops ever since.

001211_armada.jpg

So something that began as a hobby later on evolved as my profession and here I am today among you doing what I like the most :D

• Thumbs Up 3

Nothing compares to the Elder Scrolls: Ninja Hunter Edition ;-)

I thought it very nice to have read all of your wonderful beginnings and if I may beginning of ends too. My story I find is much like those inscribed on our communities wall of beginnings (this thread).

its not nearly as interesting but it's mah story nonetheless. This story starts early 90' sometime after our Jazzy Saxaphone playing president (Clinton) got into office here in the US. Before that though I was born in Florida and before even learning what it is to be alive I moved up to New York my moms life in a small U-Haul. She did this with my Step Father. I have never met my genetic father and it don't bother me as he was abusive and an abuser of Alcohol amongst who knows what. That part of my life is long gone. I know my stepfather to be my only real father as I have not even a memory of him. My stepdad has raised me and my non-identical twin brother since and has never looked back. My parents were married on St. Patrick's day I thought that interesting. So we are in upstate New York, much of which is referred to as the Southern Tier of New York... I live about 30minutes from Binghamton which has a known Binghamton University.

So back to mid 90's when SNES was out and I had my first experience in computers we had a Mac lab in school and started to have fun on a great puzzle game of its day Incredible Machines... Others were more interested in Oregon Trail which eventually I played too but enjoyed the prior better since it made you think outside the box. So parents got the SNES with Mario Yoshis Island which was the $hit back then. I always watched the library teacher mess with the computers and it peaked my attention later on. I ended up moving away from all my friends in 5th grade finishing the remains of Highschool in a town 20min away. So at that point in late 90's I get my break lol late in the game my Uncle in Cali sends me a Mac all in one black and white, 12mb ram or something 100-200 Mb hard drive hahaha. He used to work it Lockheed Martin which was very neat he sent me a lot on their planes and air and space models. Anyway I played and tinkered on this thing and broke it lol was something I did... But had defragged learned installing formatting and bunch more must of been 12 or something. Well parents payed $%t&y* to much to fix must of been $120 to reinstall the OS it was ridiculous I thought. Well I tinkered more and more and it broke again in a similar way and I had disks that came with it I fixed it myself.

Next came x386 my first DOS/windows 3.1 system hahaha I know. I quickly learned Dos commands and nevaigation became even easier when I stumbled across Dosshell... A interface like explorer but real early and text based only no graphic like windows... Then came my neighbor who introduced me to Doom and Wolfenstien etc... Kick ass if I may say. So that's old school that can't be all... It isn't. Next I got Playstation and much like Ninja Hunter got into Metal Gear Solid (one of my favorite games to date). I beat that and acquired many games maybe 40... Eventually my parents got a Gateway (pooooo) and it was blazing with its ultra cutting edge Celeron 633mhz and 10gb hardrive and with the worst OS ever released in the history of computing... Yes windows Major Error yup ME lol its actually Millenium Edition but I like my name better. So soon I add 256mb ram replacing the original 64mb ram.... Wow I was blazing or so I thought... Around here I get a PS2 and an XBox. Just to elaborate had 2 PS2 and 3 XBOX dust common to the area was a quick death to most of em... Lol and prolonged use lol. Honestly these things should be built better. 30 titles at least on each system which after the last one of each broke I gave up and sold to someone who was very happy receiving them. To this day I still have MGS collector pack with the first metal Gear game up to 3 and Snake Eater.

Eventually XP came out and I got a version floating around on the internet and slapped that on the Gateway needless to say it never had an error again hahaha stupid Major Error. In fact the system ran faster. Anyway I got my first computer game that was 3d and bought my first video card a Geforce 2 which I overlocked and eventually burned out years later lol which didn't even come with a heatsink lol it was PCI not even AGP lol. So I tweaked the crap out of the OS and GPU and had a great time on my first pc game lol Unreal Tournament GOTY. Tried a little in the online for a bit I liked sniping lol loved hearing Headshot and if you got many frags in a row you'd hear like Ultra, Mega, Monster Kill in this big ominous voice... Lol.

So now that I had a taste for gaming and computers and tweaking I started fixing comps in my neighborhood. People would give me couple bucks and I would either make the systems run faster, run if they weren't previously, upgrading, removing viruses and much more. Eventually I found old hardware cheap or free and started fixing the systems up and hooking everyone up with cheap basic computers. It then gave me some experience I hadn't had yet the OS's that came between what I had used like Win 95,98,NT, etc. So getting closer to the time period again of Xbox and PS2 my parents were ready to get a new computer and I convinced them not to waste money id build one even if it would be my firstbuild from ground up. It cost 450ish after rebates about $600 before... And was cheap for the hardware. I bought it barebones so it was no OS and all the parts in boxes. I built it pasted the CPU and etc... Over locked it and the system is in my friends house working to this day I gave it to him as he had no computer at all... Lol just adjusted the overclock just today and was installing some games for him. Its a Soyo Dragon KT600 with AmD Athlon 2800+ and I later changed it for a 3200+. Today it has 3gb ram had 1gb to start. A 120gb HD and its one of the cases with clear side. Lol I have about 11 fans in that thing even one I added to the outdated GPU. Run the CPU which is 2200mhz stock around 2420mhz... This was the kind you adjust ram timings to be loser and up the base lock so the CPU is faster.... Since the mobo was a nice over locker it made it easier and a great base to learn on.

Since then I have probably helped 200+ people some just over a phone taking people through it. I've built quite a few and also fixed many... Even have many parts to this day in my office and about 7 older comp laying around which eventually are going to be entered into hwbot lol... I dabble with Linux here and there. before TI I didn't have many friends online actually none lol. I am by nature normally not social and the more quiet reserved guy that's on the sidelines seemingly observing everyone else. I always ask questions and always as a kid had my nose in the work being done by others as I was always very curious. Lol when really young I was known for taking things apart and that's it Marc what did you do to my drill, Blender haha sorry. Eventually I was fixing things when they broke instead my parents must of been so thankful for that at that point lol. I found myself to be similar to Ninja here in that instead of simply having fun I found myself tinkering and tweaking more than playing haha. Then amongst all that I got into art and digital art the later well later. I liked sketching things characters etc. In school we had a computer graphics class I joined so after a little in there I bought a digital drawing tablet. It was Intuos Graphire 3. 6"x8" I loved the thing and am getting another one this coming year. It was amazing how similar to a real pen/pencil digitized. This one I could also place an image under a clear cover so as to transpose stuff to the computer too. This is where in school I used Photoshop and from there sparked my interest... So I acquired many kinds of digital art programs like Maya and 3ds Studio, Bryce, Ray Dream Studio and more. some I acquired in a pirate like way as Ninja might have mentioned. So as a beginner I only tinkered with them from interest but did not get to far... Made a video or two of nothing special in Bryce learned ho to make key points in a timeline and have Bryce render the points in between. I will soon once I get my drawing tablet again attempt to get much more into the digital art space... Mainly since TI is such a healthy community in that we all encourage self improvement and learning.

I mention the pirate thing since if it is not known stuff like Adobe CS4 master collection alone is like $1200.

Beside art and computers etc... Another passion of mine is Home Theater a little with TV's but my tire passion is the Audio aspect.... A TV always displays a certain amount of detail and the end user even on a low end tv gets an experience near even the top displays so I am less interested in that since display tech needs to be dramatic to see real big differences so I use a 40"LCD in my in home office, my GF has a 50" plasma for her comp as main display... I hardly use it... I stick mostly with my m18x's display... And a 60inch projection LCD HD tv DLP based. Great color accuracy but only great in low light environment. Any way lets just say I've made it a quest to have a sound system that gets easily fully to the max audible frequencies.. Easily my high end gets to that 20,000hz... But the bass is in my opinion what brings realism to a system so mine can at least do 30hz and I'm fairly certain its pushing very closely to the 20hz that is the lowest audible sound... It makes for amazing impact and brings you into the movie game or whatever it is... Like when the crash happens on the highway in Final Destination two and everything is crashing by you in surround sound... I've always been one to like tall tower speakers not no tiny satellite speaker... Sure I can appreciate a dedicated sub for base I have one and I've even dedicated its own amp just for that lol...

Hmm photography was a constant as when I had the ability to take pictures I took them... Be it on a crapy phone camera or a cheap azz old digital... But this year that changed when I ordered my M18x I ordered it with a Fuji camera with the works its got features of the high end ones but the ease of a point and shoot. As I get better I can and have starts to use the manual functions like adjustable aperature blah blah.

So tis not all. I joined origin.com's forum thinking I wanted one and would one day there do what I do here... But no lol. I wasn't active there and later joined NBR sometime last year and never posted once lol. I joined here after buying my first gaming laptop and honestly computer since the barebones wasn't a true gaming PC.. So this was the Alienware m17xr2 and twas about a half to a year old. I played and learned overclocking by tinkering and perusing the web on my first extreme edition 920xm. By then it was 6 months later and I joined Wikia Alienware site run by Brian (5150Joker) and the likes. Soon I was using my first flashed vbios thanks to advice from DR650Se back then and Brian. Shortly after they got shutdown due to a unwarranted claim of bad pictures on the site... So that's where I got an invite via email from Brian to join his newly formed site the rest is history lol. Joined early February just a week or so after I Had quit smoking cigarettes (going on a year shortly). So I met Mumak and Unclewebb and the crew here and very quickly found myself talking about more than I had spoken about in the last decade lol. From there my R2 and you guys helped me learn overclocking more and ran my first 3d mark vantage runs and 3dmark11. Got a decent name for myself in the bench forms for the r2 nothing like the rest of you but I still have the highest CPU subscore for 3dmark11 in the forms on my previous 920xm hehe a nice round 8k FTW. So eventually I have you probe and after some advice to complain of my probe to Dell and not to back down I found myself with a m18x as a replacement for my R2 that was totaled after a tech was supposed to repair it.

before the M17x I had a Fujitsu and HP. The Fujitsu I gave to my girlfriend and a Fujitsu before that I sold all three were laptops. First Fujitsu had a N6010 with a mobile Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz which was fast to me with the Ati 9600m pro. Next the newer Fujitsu a N6470 which which to me was sexy black got a teardown guide of it on here just pictorial though it was my second 17inch lappy. Had Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz and ATI HD2600 which I've since overclocked too. I bought a HP HD-HDX 18t my first 18 inch laptop with core 2 quad q9000 @ 2ghz... And GT130M which for a low end chip overclocked fairly well. Though the system had a single fan solution (blah) and sold that due to its low overclock potential due to that. Which I then put that money toward the M17x R2 and now technically that's on the M18x's account. So there's most of it... The rest you can figure from my posting here. I'll dig out a PM I had where I describe my Home Theater. cheers Tech Inferno rawks.

• Thumbs Up 1

in a PM with FreedomofDarkness where we were talking about home theater. Some day i'd like to complete it with a better amp probably by Marantz they have amazing 150-200 watt amps per channel from 8 to 12 channels... Yeah like the theaters. speakers in my office. They use a ribbon tweeter...which like the ones you are talking about have beautiful high tones... also the sound stage is very expansive. MSRP: $349.00 pair is what the site says. Still $250 a pair for those... i checked specs and stuff... is very good.

Lets see i love audio too and home theater and gaming etc. Lets I have a 60inch DLP Sony HD tv projection LCD in living room with a Sony 7.1 channel AV reciever. 7 speakers and one of the pairs has 2-10's that wire seperate in the cabinet... so it has two speaker inputs on speaker... i have 3 different sets of speakers that can connect like that. Then a subwoofer signal is connected from sony to a classic Sansui amp connected to the pair of speakers with the dual 10" woofers each as my subwoofer. I'll go over all the components in a sec.. you'll probably like the stuff... I use large speakers where i can and multiples so bass can move around room not stay in one location. In my office i have same 7 speakers... gotta hook up center and a basic powered subwoofer with built in 6 inch woofer. That is connected to my M18x over opitcal audio sometimes called Tos-Link it allows up to 192khz audio... but only supports 96khz on this amp. the one in living room supports the 192khz also living room one supports full hd audio over hdmi... the one in office can only use hdmi pass through so i can connect any audio to it.. but the living room one can use the audio direct from the hdmi cable. My office one is 7 channels @-110watts per channel with a A and b switch to have 4 speakers as front left and right instead of just 2 so yes sounds crazy but my office amp has 9 speaker connectors and all can be used at 110watts. The living room one is 100watts per channel but is 2-3 years new but lower model than one in office so it supports latest codecs but not as powerful.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

living room setup

*http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/p...ent/monitor70/ (living room main left and right got for $500 they are my babys)

*http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666303781my living room amp

*http://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/au-7500-e.htmlmy amp i use as my subwoofer amp... bought for 1 dollar at garage sale.. fixed it myself and its foundation shaking i read it compares to vintage tube amps... The maker of Sansui himself designed 3 amps by himself from ground up and no others this is one of those models. http://www.sansui.us/PG_AU9500_Series.htm pics of it

*http://the-gadgeteer-cnet.com.com/se...-30112029.html back surround set in living room tweeter replaced with a vintage realistic 50watt bullet tweet that has 4k-40khz response here is link http://diyaudioprojects.com/Drivers/40-1310/40-1310.htmRadio Shack 40-1310 Super Tweeter

*a dennon speaker i forget the model as center but had a Optimus center channel that the tweeter is now broke so needs replacement.

*the speaker pair that is my subs and art of my surround set... has two 3-5inch midranges and a tweeter on top then two 10 inch woofers in each speaker... i read its something like 300~ something handling. They are $1000 speakers from 90's cant find info anywhere online about model. They are called BIC of America Venturi Realta's and i think they go atleast to 30hz i think more like 25hz maybe not sure... uou have to see pic!

office setup

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/spe...DG800_mksp.pdfmy office amp

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc35/35167.htm got a pair of these they have a ribbon tweeter http://support.radioshack.com/support_audio/doc63/63330.pdf

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc60/60577.htm smaller pair like above with ribbon tweeters to die cast aluminum http://support.radioshack.com/support_audio/doc64/64939.pdf

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...omeTheater.jpg pic of them they are the surrounds

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-J052W-I...ews/B00005LAC5 a pair of these on wall behind top for back surround

need to add a basic center channel.

http://www.opweb.de/model.php?id=767 my active subwoofer

got one of these as a nice classic i set aside also pounds like crazy traded broken xbox for it bazinga its a Realistc Sta-2200 another amazing vintage amplifier... weighs about 40-50pounds

the sansui weighs around 30-40 and my Sonys weigh about 25-30.http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/arc...p/t-95682.html blurb on it

okay thats most of my equipment. I think ill post this list in a thread and add pics so you can check it out.... if you can find the Monitor 70's by polk on ebay they are worth every penny... 275watts RMS and go down to 30hz they quake and the 4 6 1/2" woofers size is deceiving... all going together pound. Think about it... a pair of those polks = 2(4(6 1/2"))) = 52" of woofer in two speakers he he its awesome... same with my subs... 2 speakers 2(2(10")))= 40" of woofer. cheers what do ya think? Well if you read through all of that you'll probably see I'm really into homtheater too.

Games I like to play range from FPS to Action, RPG but not straight up turn based menu based rpgs more like Skyrim or Fable, racing games... The only sport game I'll play and not NASCAR more like le man's racing, high speed supercars , I love horror games silent hill, resident evil etc, dark games intrigue me, I played many and over the past few years been trying to get old and new games to put all on my system and revisit stuff I never had chance to... Such as old fascinating game called Scratches on PC. Anyway I'll probably end up make a huge post in what games are you playing thread. Cheers guys i know i went on quite a bit but besides my friend offline i don't talk to anyone else really. Thanks for being my friend guys. ;-)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Edited by mw86

hahah I love how the name mDubs86 sort of stuck. :P . and i'm actually extremely glad that people are posting in this thread. its cool learning where everyone came from and their interests. That + what you get from talking to them on the forum is really neat.

Plus, seeing the different portrayals and viewpoints of T|I getting started reminded me of a movie lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Mmskate I hope others continue to post to. We heard from plenty of mods and a few members replied now we need some of the active members to post there's about 400.

I will write up mine some time in the future, my story starts back in the 70s and my use and ownership of computers ever since. It also will have to have all the ups and downs over the years as that effected my computer ownership, gaming and large gaps in my tech career. The army played a small role in where I am today and got me into cyber security and out the the "hacker" world. I was and FTP pirate for a while and still have large connections with the pirate scene which DHS likes to take advantage of once in a while. Well will try and remember most of it and get something written up.

Just remember if you do it online someone besides you knows it.

oh and my avatar is my artwork that was part of a collection of images that was once stolen from my art gallery site and was the symbol I used.

• Thumbs Up 1