Will my dual-core CPU Bottleneck framerates?

kxplus

Hi all. I have a rMBP 13" 2015 (force touch model), with the following specs:

CPU: 2.7GHz Dual Core i5-5257U (specs here: http://ark.intel.com/products/84985/Intel-Core-i5-5257U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz)

8GB DDR3 RAM (on hindsight, should've upgraded to 16, but damn it soldered RAM, I'm stuck with this now.

About to give it the eGPU treatment with a GTX1060 6GB (zotac mini, no OC) with the akitio. All components have already been bought, awaiting setup in my free time.

I have seen people talking of CPU bottlenecks. My question is, to what extent will my MBP's CPU and RAM bottleneck my gameplay? And does this bottleneck restrict actual frame rates in games, or is it only prevalent in some other types of computing or rendering which is more CPU-dependent? Maybe only in terms of longer loading times–e.g. maps in CS:GO? (which I'm alright with anyways).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I had the impression that games and graphics are little affected by the CPU.

Thanks! Looking forward to any insights from the more experienced people in here :)

Edited by kxplus
formatting

1 hour ago, Khenglish said:

CPU limiting depends on the game. That CPU will limit you some vs a faster CPU in some games

Could you give me some examples which types of games are more cpu dependent? Maybe open world games like gta?